Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: DLV symbol and GUI pack (now in > BB 4.01)

Icon7 Re: DLV symbol and GUI pack 27/OCT/10 by Shadrach & Tokus

New full version uploaded to post #1

Enjoy the extra GUI eye candy!

-- Tokus

kaiser1993's Avatar Senator

Default Re: DLV symbol and GUI pack 27/OCT/10 by Shadrach & Tokus

excellent work, love your improvements. +rep
    On another note, are you still working on this project of yours http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395551
    I would love to see new shields.

edit: It seems I have given you too much rep lately, I'll rep you later.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser1993 View Post
    excellent work, love your improvements. +rep
    On another note, are you still working on this project of yours http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395551
    I would love to see new shields.

edit: It seems I have given you too much rep lately, I'll rep you later.
    Yo Sir K, thanks for your new shields and banners interest.

I'm going to make a start on them this next fortnight. I've done an entire set for the expanded faction mod of TATW called 'Divide and Conquer) the other mod in my life. Dressing up the factional shields of M2TW and banners with the solid and established colours and heraldry is something I've been looking forward to - so the entire game has a unified symbol system throughout...

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

Well done Tokus, the new pack is wonderful. It really changes the look of the UI with all the subtle but lovely changes, love the new buttons and event pictures. Once again you have improved the DLV experience for all us DLV maniacs

Keep it up mate - and I shall have to look into that TATW mod some day soon

The Danes, I swear, with their half arsed attempts at a 'war'. You gotta give it to 'em, they just dont stop trying. Listen, I've fought the Timurids, ever heard of them? Elephants with cannons on their backs. Yea, Timurids. You guys are like kids on tricycles compared to them. -REZ

Latest version is included in Taiji's 'Battle Balance' mod 4.1 and upwards.

Enjoy many more changes than the old patcher in there!

Regards,

-- Tokus

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Default Re: DLV symbol and GUI pack (now in > BB 4.01)

Hi Tokus,

Big fan of your work (and your sig of course)

One tiny complaint though : I find the new symbol for ladders (in the screen where you can see how many towers / ladders / rams you already have built when sieging) really ugly. To me they look a bit like three railroad lines. They totally do not conjure up the mental picture of ladders. Too many straight lines? I love all the other stuff of course.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMuerte View Post
    Hi Tokus,

Big fan of your work (and your sig of course)

One tiny complaint though : I find the new symbol for ladders (in the screen where you can see how many towers / ladders / rams you already have built when sieging) really ugly. To me they look a bit like three railroad lines. They totally do not conjure up the mental picture of ladders. Too many straight lines? I love all the other stuff of course.
    Dear LaMuerte,

I'll take another run on those ladders next time I on those .TGA files. Do a net set which warps a little, etc.

Regards,

-- Tok

Muchos gracias , senor Tokus.

One other thing I noticed is that I have trouble reading red fonts. For example , when my balance goes in red , I can't read the numbers anymore. Also when I select a unit card from a unit that 's being damaged (and when the number displaying your men is in red) I can 't read it anymore. Unselected I have no trouble reading it. So the red on black , and red on green just don't work for me. I cannot see any numbers anymore. A slightly lighter background (as in an unselected unit card) works perfectly.

This has nothing to do with your awesome skills , but probably has everything to do with a certain form of color blindness I have . But just know that 1% of the male population , and 0.01% of the female population have problems reading reading your red numbers in game.

If you want to know a little more : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness

(More specifically under Dichromacy and red-green colour blindness)

No probs LaMuerte,

I'll lighten the blackgrounds a tad on the next pass. Sorry it is not working for you.

The GUI is heavy work in progress - thank you for you canny pointers helping me narrow down and fix those last lot for the current BB 4.04 build.

Without folk like you - I'd be nuthin' :o)

Here's some more feedback : During battles : I noticed that with a generals battle card I don't have problem seeing the red number , because the red numbers are bordered with a small white line. Those numbers I can see perfectly when I select a unit card.
    Last edited by LaMuerte; October 25, 2011 at 12:44 PM.

Tokus do you have links for your symbols/events/loading screen packs included in BB4.01? I'm playing original DLV 6.2 and would like to add them if possible.

Also do you know which BB version the original DLV6.2 comes with?
    Last edited by Balsm; November 01, 2012 at 09:21 PM.