Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: DLV 6.1: Strategy Guide for New Players! (Updated 9/16/09)

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Default Re: DLV 6.0: Strategy Guide for New Players! ( 6.1 updates!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackleaf-Wille View Post
    I think you should either drop the spoilers, totaly.
    Or only put each Chapter/post in one single spoiler. That way, all the pictures are refreshed.
    I would keep them in since they are literally spoilers, you may want help with one area but not another. A shame to ruin one part of the game because you need help with another.

Maybe it's just me though, I tend to look at guides as cheating since I think learning to play the game is part of the game

PS, Great work, Xtiaan (just because I wouldn't use it doesn't mean I can't see how excellent a job you've done)
    Last edited by Taiji; March 08, 2009 at 09:31 AM.

Thanks Taiji, It's really just info that new players need... Not Master Taiji

But you notice, now that new players have a resource, We don't get the same questions over and over on the boards and discussion is getting better!

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

I FOUND WHY! My crusader has the trait "troops undisciplined" after "desperate", both -1 I believe. Since I came back home, no -1 mil point and/or the banneret general MUST be inside the castles to avoid the mil penality of the fortress! I tested it.
    Useful for the DLV guide if my theory is correct.

And what's the "x" in the pref?:
    update_ai_camera = 0
    label_characters = 0
    label_settlements = 1
    no_background_fmv = 0
    skip_mip_levels = 0

Last edited by Brips; March 08, 2009 at 10:29 PM.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Cool.... I thought there must be something... You got that trait by leaving an army in the field too long? If so, I should add a tip in the guide about it.

Not sure what you mean in the second part.... 0 is off, 1 is on... Is that what you mean.... I got a C in Algebra!

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

Yes in the field many turns (Brugges to Gaza!)
    Yes you're right with the 0 and 1 But the question is what means the sentences before the "="?
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Haven't used all of them...But it looks like it may turn of the names of characters and cities on the campaign map for a few of them

hotcobbler's Avatar Tiro

Is there a way to get this stickied for new players? DLV is pretty unapproachable if you don't have the basics, so this definitely needs to be more visible to new players.

True wisdom is less presuming than folly. The wise man doubteth often, and changeth his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubteth not; he knoweth all things but his own ignorance. --- Pharaoh Akhenaten,
    mid 12th century.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Agree.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by hotcobbler View Post
    Is there a way to get this stickied for new players? DLV is pretty unapproachable if you don't have the basics, so this definitely needs to be more visible to new players.
    Definately agree.

XiombargDei's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by hotcobbler View Post
    agree

Agis Tournas's Avatar ★ Modder-at-Arms ★

Absolutely AGREE
    A mini-mod is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!

Son of Agisilaos / Grandson of jimkatalanos / Great-grandson of Garbarsardar

Juba1's Avatar Tiro

even for non-new players...

great guide

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Like repman said:
    Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    @Blackleaf-Wille
    Each banner (banneret, commander, grand_cross) (not the traits !!!!) gives 1 mil point. Nothing else required.

repman
    This means that Greek + Musilm factions will have a hard time maxing out their Militayr points. B/c they only get 1 banner pr General.

Rebel army on bridge near Oporto.
    Quote Originally Posted by agistournas View Post
    I suppose that you are referring to the army that spawned in Oporto province and is located in x 110, y 165.
    To verify this, open the console by pressing ~
    Then put your mouse over the rebel army and type: show_cursorstat
    You will get a pair of values, like coordinates [in this case should be x 110, y 165]
    If I was right up to here, then just do the following:
    Open campaign_script.txt which is located in your Medieval II Total War\mods\DLV_ext\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign folder.
    Press Ctrl+F and paste into the following [exactly as it is here]:
    x 110, y 165
    Change x 110, y 165 with other values [suitable to your campaign map]
    Save & Exit
    Start a new campaign
    ENJOY!

Cheers
    Agis
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; March 23, 2009 at 10:09 PM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Hye dudes....Back from my business trip. Unfortunately my main gaming rig is in the shop so no TW for me until I get it back Thanks for the sticky requests... That would be cool, I think the AAR section would be a great place to tag it.

I think Bama is right. In 6.1, I am only getting Military bonuses for Banners if the General is in a castle...Not if he is in the field. Not sure if this is intentional or not. Seems to work well, if you got them in the field too, It might be too much. Especially considering that if your general is in the field, he is probably earning them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtiaan72 View Post
    I think Bama is right. In 6.1, I am only getting Military bonuses for Banners if the General is in a castle...Not if he is in the field. Not sure if this is intentional or not. Seems to work well, if you got them in the field too, It might be too much. Especially considering that if your general is in the field, he is probably earning them anyway.
    At least I know it's not just my game then.

If it is designed that way, I guess I'll just have to rotate my generals out. Put some in the castles and others in the field instead of just leaving them all in the field like I usually do.
    DLV rules!

I also noticed that Government Points (every turn) are not spawning if your treasury is over 30,000.... That is kinda a bummer. Your supposed to get +1 every turn if your treasury is over 30,000 and +2 if it's over 60,000. That is not working in 6.1 for some reason. Makes it very hard to acquire the 30 Gov points you need for Markets. You basically have to be successful with lots of missions and seek out every trade agreement in the world to pull it off. Not easy.

Either the Governor ancillary bonuses should be a little easier to acquire or we need those treasury bonuses back. But not having either makes Gov points to much of a chore!

Swiss- I'm planning to include one at some point when the guide is more complete. Glad you like the guide. I actually haven't played a full campaign for quite a while ( since Empire came out)... I'm in sore need of brushing up my DLV skills at the moment. I'm going to do a few more chapters for the guide after I make a decent contribution to the 6.1 feedback thread! Cheers!

Now that you mention it, I've noticed the no government points thing for treasury 30000+ also.

I'm considering editing the points system to reduce the number needed for certain buildings, or just playing with it off until these bugs are resolved in the next version.
    DLV rules!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast