Thread: [RTW AAR] Greek Chronicles

Default [RTW AAR] Greek Chronicles

I'm going to start an aar with the Greek Cities in Vanilla, H,H setting's, this is my first time so if I need to fix anything just post. I will try to update daily, for today it will be later.(forgive spelling error's)
    Last edited by Fruementy; January 31, 2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: forgot setting's

Default Re: Greek Chronicle's

Prologue

narrator:The year is 270 B.C the Greek Cities are a mear shadow of their former selfes but that is about to change.
    This is a story about heroism,sacrifice,revenge,murder,poverty, and wealth! This is my Greek AAR!(And now to the story)

(In Sparta Kleomenes is writing letters to his sons in Thermon,Syracuse,Rhodes, and Pergamum)

(the letter)
    My sons the time to strike is now the time to be great again,this may start before or after my death. You all know Hades is planning my trip as I write, but that doesn't mean I won't start the Campain,Hell! It's a reason to start it, but we need to raise an army first so................................................burn after reading.
    Last edited by Fruementy; January 31, 2009 at 08:20 AM. Reason: pic not working

Chapter 1

In Syracuse Dionysios is talking to his architect

Dionysios:Memnon,when is the Shrine to Nike and militia barracks be completed.
    Memnon:In two years sir.
    Dionysios:Oh great, the Romans will have besieged us by then.
    Alexander(military advisor)runs in) Sir hold that thought it doesn't loke like the Romans are coming yet, but be on your gaurd.(panting)
    Dionysios::hmmm:Hmmmmmm................
    Narrator:Mean while in Sparta pretty much the same thing but with the buildings different and everywhere else the same.
    End of chap one

Sorry this chapter is abit short and boring but the next will be better

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

A promising start, but please remember to use the "edit post" function instead of triple-posting.
    Nice AAR

A promising start, but please remember to use the "edit post" function instead of triple-posting.:wink:
    Nice AAR:wink:
    sorry, but thanks.

what settings will you play with? good luck on it

Default Re: [RTW AAR] Greek Chronicles

Chapter 2:The Great Wars

In the great city of Syracuse,the governer(Dionysios) orders his troops outside the gates.

Dionysios:Men!Forward!

They were marching to Messana the only Roman city on Sicily,but little did they know it was going to get ugly the first year of the seige,the Romans attacked.

They knew their fate,it was death but they still fought

And at first it looked like there was a glimpse of hope until Dionysios got struck down, aswell as the visual artist but not the historian!
    After that everything was down hill from there, it was like a spine shattering kick turning you into a pink mist. So from that quite gross desription you can guess the army routed, and they did.

Meanwhile on mainland Greece Klemens beseiged Cornith.
    End of chap 2
    Last edited by Fruementy; February 01, 2009 at 07:28 AM.

this post would have been longer, but the first time it didn't post the whole thing so I was cautious.

messiah's Avatar Semisalis

Heh, I have a Greece AAR in another forums too. Anyway, keep it coming!

if you had hired those mercenaries in the region (peltasts and hoplites) the battle would probably be victorious for you. good luck with the coming besieges from the scipii in sicily and brutii in thermon.

This thread takes me back to the years when nobody could mod anything. And you were forced to work with what CA gave you. There for the imagination was far richer when you played. I'll stay tuned with this.

Thank's everyone, probably no updates for a few day's and austin I would've but the Greek's are dirt pour in the begining and I'm an example of that.

you are welcome. that is fine, we can wait. whenever i start with greeks in vanilla i buy mercenaries in sicily cause i do not want to lose this important city. i sacrifice a building from pergamo in minor asia. while i would build buildins that are cheap and need 1 turn in the rest places. thermon should not be a city to spend money at the start of the game, cause after the brutii invasion probably you are gonna lose it anyway.

I might get the XGM (Rome Mod) if you can put it on steam RTW,now that means I will restart this aar. Also if anyone knows if it is compatible with steam let me know.

DimeBagHo has just recently updated the installer for steam users. You shouldn't have any problems now. Welcome to XGM.

nice AAR like the greeks been reading quite a few lately