Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making Vampire generals immortal

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Making Vampire generals immortal

I've edited the first post, so everyone can easily find url to makanyane's critical update.

Prince Nuada
    Sorry for my distraction about testing Severin&730 all factions campaigns before posting this thread... makanyane's fix should surely help you.
    Last edited by Lanjane; February 10, 2009 at 06:27 PM.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Narakir's Avatar Decanus

I've applied everything correctly, including the fixes, my game keeps crashing once I click on a unit/general/agent...
    "They do not possess the true fire. They speak of creation and they boast of their potential but they do not create anything beyond the mundane. Their imagination is poor, obsessed with the small details. A true Dreamer, I say, creates a grand scheme and then concentrates on the details. Starting with the details is for the ants of the imagination - the small insects who aspire only to be fed.”

Nihl Xander, Godsmen Engineer - Planescape Torment

makanyane's Avatar Praeses
    Discontent Emeritus

Blog Entries

that sounds like when you made changes to the
    eod2/data/text/export_VnVs.txt

it messed up the file type (therefore it's not reading any of the trait text translations anymore)
    text files need to be saved as Unicode not ANSI, try again and check that is the option selected when you 'save_as' the file.

Narakir's Avatar Decanus

Thanks it was indeed this, plus another syntax error in the export_descr_character_traits.txt.

With this fixed, I'll try to rebalance units that have lost their shield walls ability (more shield points and closer fighting formation) then take a look into formations, so far there are only 4 formations affected by the change and this looks like it can be fixed.

Indefinitely Banned

Wow,does this really work? I had heard that Immortality was impossible to implement, if this truly does work you should contact King Kong or someone else on the Third Age team so that they can implement it for their Elves

makanyane's Avatar Praeses
    Discontent Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    Wow,does this really work? I had heard that Immortality was impossible to implement, if this truly does work you should contact King Kong or someone else on the Third Age team so that they can implement it for their Elves
    not unless they're going to port it back to RTW to use the Alex.exe....

it's a feature of the exe - and as far as I know not included in M2

I know Wlesamma got immortal generals in his lotr mod but then that applied to EVERY general not just faction specific ones.
    My A-list of mods to play
    Lord of the Rings total war
    Thera Legacy of the Great Torment
    End of Days and its sequel
    Third Age total war, similar to Lord of the rings total war
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP
    Bringing the light of God(Canadian) Emperor to the fringes of TWC

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

LOTR is on the Alaxander platform.

Sorry for awakening this thread but does the lyncan generals be immortal to?
    I'm asking because i rather like to play this mod as the underworld series where the lyncans are immortal (or atleast have long lifespawn).

Download the mod in my sig. It has 2 files, 1 to make both Lycans and Vampires immortal, and one just for vamps.

Take Care!

Thanks! but for some reason the mod wont install i think its because my computer won't reconigse the Xcopy command
    is there a way to pass that?

X Copy? I have no idea what that is. All you have to do is open the archive and extract the files to your Rome- Total War directory.

Edit: You need to use the winrar utility http://www.rarlab.com/
    Last edited by Trajan27; November 01, 2009 at 11:02 AM.

I have the winrar but every time i install the games shows an error at the start of the game:
    Code:
    Error! File name doesn't exsist: Data/models_buildings
    And this is the inside of my installer:
    Code:
    REM BI Modfolder installation batch file idea stolen from Palantir faults are due to Makanyane tampering..
    REM This batch file should be set to execute before installer exits
    REM Your modfolder should be installed to the eod2 folder
    REM Assumptions are made so please check the comments carefully

REM the below creates a eod2 folder in the install directory (i.e. the RTW directory):
    MD .\bi\eod2\data\items\
    MD .\bi\eod2\data\models_building\textures\
    MD .\bi\eod2\data\ui\roman\buildings\construction\
    MD .\bi\eod2\data\ui\barbarian\buildings\construction\

REM the below some needed contents of the bi data folder into the eod2 folder;
    COPY .\bi\data\items\*.* .\bi\eod2\data\items /y
    XCOPY .\bi\data\models_building .\bi\eod2\data\models_building /s /e /y
    XCOPY .\bi\data\ui\roman\buildings .\bi\eod2\data\ui\roman\buildings /s /e /y
    XCOPY .\bi\data\ui\barbarian\buildings .\bi\eod2\data\ui\barbarian\buildings /s /e /y
    REM copy the new stuff over the old stuff
    XCOPY .\bi\eod2\data\models_building\new_textures .\bi\eod2\data\models_building\textures /s /e /y
    XCOPY .\bi\eod2\data\ui\roman\new_buildings .\bi\eod2\data\ui\roman\buildings /s /e /y
    XCOPY .\bi\eod2\data\ui\barbarian\new_buildings .\bi\eod2\data\ui\barbarian\buildings /s /e /y
    XCOPY .\bi\eod2\data\new_items .\bi\eod2\data\items /s /e /y
    REM the below creates some new folders:
    MD .\bi\eod2\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\RAHALA\custom_tiles\
    MD .\bi\eod2\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\SEVERIN\custom_tiles\
    MD .\bi\eod2\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\LYCANS\custom_tiles\
    MD .\bi\eod2\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\TALAMASCA\custom_tiles\
    MD .\bi\eod2\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\Year730-AllFactions\custom_tiles\
    REM the below copies around some large duplicate files:
    XCOPY .\bi\eod2\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion\custom_tiles .\bi\eod2\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\RAHALA\custom_tiles /s /e /y
    XCOPY .\bi\eod2\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion\custom_tiles .\bi\eod2\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\SEVERIN\custom_tiles /s /e /y
    XCOPY .\bi\eod2\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion\custom_tiles .\bi\eod2\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\LYCANS\custom_tiles /s /e /y
    XCOPY .\bi\eod2\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion\custom_tiles .\bi\eod2\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\TALAMASCA\custom_tiles /s /e /y
    XCOPY .\bi\eod2\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion\custom_tiles .\bi\eod2\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\Year730-AllFactions\custom_tiles /s /e /y
    PAUSE

You need to download the settlement fix by Markanyane. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...3&d=1233521778

You need this so you can use the Severin or Lycans. Just extract the file to your text folder where you installed EOD II.

Big Bear's Avatar Tiro

Hi, can this mod be adapted for RTW 1.5, only I'm fiddling about with a fantasy mod in which making some of the characters imortal, would be quite nice. A Samurai Vamipre clan to be more specific, a bit embarasing if they keel over from old age every now and again.

Thanks
    Big Bear

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

It isn't exactly a mod, just a tweak that can be applied to any RTWAlexander-based mod or a submod that uses Alexander engine. Sorry, but immortality can't be adapted for RTW 1.5 because it is a hard-coded feature of RTW-ALX.exe. However, you don't need the whole Alexander expansion for immortality to work, just .exe file (and some tweaks in text files, as it was described in the first post)
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Big Bear's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    It isn't exactly a mod, just a tweak that can be applied to any RTWAlexander-based mod or a submod that uses Alexander engine. Sorry, but immortality can't be adapted for RTW 1.5 because it is a hard-coded feature of RTW-ALX.exe. However, you don't need the whole Alexander expansion for immortality to work, just .exe file (and some tweaks in text files, as it was described in the first post)
    Thanks dude, much apreciated, Alex is fairly simmilar to RTW, I'll give it a go and see.

Cheers
    Big Bear

It's so funny to read your posts guys, about Dracula with immortality etc . It is a fantasy guys, Vlad the Impaler wasn't an vampire, even the Castle of Dracula isn't his Castle, because Vlad Tepes (how us romanians know him) never ruled the Castle, he was our King (in my area) Wallachia and he got the name of Impaler after his rules of order, and he dissapear (not assasinated or lost in the dungeon of the Hungarian King how is other version,or decapitated and his hed sended to the Ottoman Sultan etc ). Nobody knows exactly where are his body, that,that British writer Bram Stoker , write about him the book, because he was fascinated about him

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12