Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

Default Re: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

Try another mirror?

Please tell me where to download the mod from.I can not find it.

Keyser Soze's Avatar Domesticus

sorry my english.

Bowden's Avatar Ducenarius

So I have been dusting RTW and BI off just for this mod.
    At first glance evrything seemed just great but when I try to start a "Main Campaign" trough the "Single Player"-menu, it gives me a pop-up box telling me to "Pick something from the list", after which nothing happens.

Hopefully you lot have a solution.

Apologies for any inconveniece caused.

Cheers,
    Bowden

Is your BI 1.6?

Bowden's Avatar Ducenarius

Good question. I think not as it was "freshly dusted" indeed. How could I be so stupid....
    Let me update.

Edit: I am ashamed with myself.
    Thanks. +1.

Hello everybody, I downloaded the Viking Invasion II.

Apparently it all happened very well, but when put to charge the campaign, the game comes out, opening a window called ActivieMovie Window.

I do not know what else to do, that same problem happened to me with Europa Barbarorum.

Any idea?

I doubt this has to do with the mod. Perhaps related to software installed on your system?

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out, because I thought it might be a problem in Media Player, but have not figured out how to solve it. The strange thing is that before, everything ran normally.

Playing the Ui Neill and the Men of Leinster I noticed that both factions cities have rebel banners hanging around their gates when I viewed them on the battle map.
    Is this a know issue?
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on

Nope, wasn't a known issue.

Don't suppose you have any ideas besides reinstallation? Tried that and it didn't work.

Sorry, I wasn't clear at all above. That's not a bug per se. The banner there is a part of the wall texture, and we have 3 variants, one for each culture; they are not mean to be "rebel" textures, just cultural icons, coloured grey to be neutral. I can see why you think they are rebel banners though.

It can be changed, but we'd need to create faction-specific versions of the wall textures, add them to the mod pack and then assign them to each faction in descr_building_battle. In other words, not something you can do with a reinstallation.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

hi there, so ive been trying for the last few hours to get this mod on my PC

i have the steam Rome Total War Gold version. after creating a shortcut from the steam "Library" i tried to launch the game but got this error -

"Script Error in bi\vi/data/descr_sm_factions.txt at line 18 column 1.
    horde_min_units This Feature is not supported"

this error keeps repeating...

please help!

this mod looks so awesome! im dying to try it out!

regards

JotunWarrior

Quote Originally Posted by JotunWarrior View Post
    hi there, so ive been trying for the last few hours to get this mod on my PC

i have the steam Rome Total War Gold version. after creating a shortcut from the steam "Library" i tried to launch the game but got this error -

"Script Error in bi\vi/data/descr_sm_factions.txt at line 18 column 1.
    horde_min_units This Feature is not supported"

this error keeps repeating...

please help!

this mod looks so awesome! im dying to try it out!

regards

JotunWarrior
    I had a similar problem, which I could solve.

I may be way off, but I think the problem lies in the fact that the Launcher of the Rome Gold edition on Steam doesn't lunch the game, but a script which lets you pick between RTW and BI.

What I did is just following the installation instruction for Steam, but leaving the Desktop shortcut part out

So basically (hopefully someone can follow...):

If using STEAM then go to "My Games", right-click on the "Rome Total War Gold Edition" item and select "Properties". Select "Set Launch Options" and in the box that comes up enter " -mod:bi\vi2 -nm -show_err" (without the quotation marks).

Now close the Launch Options, press "Play" and select play Barbarian Invasion.

It worked for me.

Of course if you want to play the vanilla Rome or BI, or if you want to run another mod, you'll have to clear the target field in the Launch Options or substitute it with the right one for the mod you want to play, respectively.

I actually made myself a text file on the desktop with the target fields of the different mods I installed (VI2 and NI). If I want to change the mod, I paste the correct target field in the Launch Options.

Good luck
    Last edited by fede; July 27, 2011 at 04:31 AM.

Icon9 Re: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

I've come across an issue while trying to launch the game. I'm using Vista, everything installed just fine, I was able to download VI2 and DoB, I even have the shortcut for it, but when I go to launch it gives me some message that says

"C:/Program Files/Activision/Rome-Total War/RomeTW-BI.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

Some help, please?

What is the size of the RTW-BI.exe file that the shortcut points to?

0 KB. What the hell does that mean? That it never downloaded properly? Or did I just pick the wrong file? Or something else? I literally know nothing about downloading mods or anything beyond basic computer knowledge.

I don't see ".exe" at all except when I get that message. The file just says RomeTW-BI. Then under that there's a file that says "Thumbs" at 12 KB and under that is the vi2_icon at 30 KB.
    Last edited by BobusChrist; September 24, 2011 at 08:34 AM.

The installer includes a 'fake' 0KB RTW-BI. exe file, that is not installed if the proper one is found. This means you did not install the mod to the proper location. When prompted by the installer to choose a location, you should make sure you point it to your main RTW directory (eg Program Files/SEGA/Rome - Total War); whatever it's name and location in your pc, it's the directory where the RTW-BI.exe file exists.