Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

Default Re: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

Nice! Welsh errr, Irish! are great.

Heh, yeah, that guy's name sounds more like a disturbing command...

Edit: Is it just me, or do your waters look different?
    Last edited by CountMRVHS; September 16, 2017 at 03:56 PM.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Yes, I added the Europa Barbarorum water as I don't personally dig what comes with the RS textures mod. Just make a folder called 'packs' in data and add the EB sea called 'mod_0.pak' (or something to that effect)

Btw that UI glitch with the Rohan General on Fourth age I have, I saw on a potential Ui Neill adoption character... which is weird, must be Mac specific or something.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

I've never seen anything weird with the VI2 adoptees (or any adoptees, vanilla or modded), so you may be right.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Icon14 Re: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

Quote Originally Posted by pelon18 View Post
    I was able to get it working, just had to add mod:bi\vi2 -nm -show_err to set launch options on steam and only launch from steam. Odinn Owns You All!
    Thanks, that fixed my loading issues!!

Update:

Really enjoying this mod. I can see a tremendous amount of work has gone into it and I would like to thank heartily the people who made it. It almost perfectly combines the dark and gloomy atmosphere of the original game with the 3D map and battles of Rome TW! I really like touches like including excerpts from the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle.

In my first campaign as Mercia the West Saxons betrayed me and attacked relentlessly, sometimes sieging all 3 of my towns at once. Strange that the AI can build multiple stack armies while I am struggling with my economy and can barely support half a stack, but that's TW I guess. It seems very hard as the Mercians to make money.

Anyway, I lost that campaign to the West Saxons. Strange that they would attack me and not our common enemy, the Vikings!

In my current campaign I'm playing the Danes. Just like in the original VI it's hard as the Vikings to keep your economy afloat. A problem does seem to be that the settlements are often barely worth sacking. I haven't yet seen any monasteries in the game but I guess that's where the real money is at, as in the original VI.

Some thoughts regarding the battles:

- Movement seems too slow - it takes ages for the men to get anywhere and I'll have to consider turning off the battle timer
    - Related to this is the kill speed/lethality - it looks like this has been turned down massively, meaning that battles now last perhaps a bit too long
    - The above being said, the battles are fun and also quite challenging, even as the Danes (despite the typical inept TW battle AI)
    - The men get too tired too quickly. Even the men at the back of the melee get just as tired as the men fighting at the front! That makes no sense but it's a general problem with the engine I guess
    - Vikings lost to an equal sized Fyrdmen unit. I wouldn't have expected that - indeed Vikings seem quite weak; perhaps they should be Heavy Infantry instead of Light Infantry

Finally, I think Vikingr is the nominative singular, and it should be Vikingar in the plural (I may be wrong here though)

I look forward to many happy hours to come with this mod - thanks alot!
    Last edited by Germanicus75; October 13, 2018 at 05:40 AM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus75 View Post
    Finally, I think Vikingr is the nominative singular, and it should be Vikingar in the plural (I may be wrong here though)
    I think you're right as in Swedish it is Vikingarna in plural.

Anyway, There is a script error when launching VI2 v1.7 in Steam.

Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Your Barbarian Invasion is not patched up to 1.6. Uninstall VI2, patch BI (you can see the version in-game, by going to the Options menu and checking the top-right corner), and reinstall VI2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Your Barbarian Invasion is not patched up to 1.6. Uninstall VI2, patch BI (you can see the version in-game, by going to the Options menu and checking the top-right corner), and reinstall VI2.
    Interesting. It's patched to 1.6 alright, but it seems CA had updated it to version 1.61 and therefore the horde_minor_units feature was removed from the 1.61 version. It make sense to me.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I found a solution and this works in Steam.

STEAM USERS

However, if you have Steam then you cannot use the shortcut (you will get a script error telling you that the horde_min_units feature is not supported)). Instead you will launch the mod from Steam as follows:

Go to your Steam library, right-click Rome Total War Gold (or whatever version you have), go to properties, then in the general tab click 'Set Launch Options' and type "-mod:bi/fatw -show_err -nm -ne" (without the speech marks but with the spaces). Then when you launch BI through Steam the mod will start (to resume vanilla BI just delete the launch option text). The images below illustrate the procedure...

Attachment 333842Attachment 333843Attachment 333844Attachment 333841
    Unfortnately, when using this solution makes the VI2 shortcut useless and if I use the solution in the shortcut I could launch the game, but just before in-game menu appears I get exactly the same error.

However, the only side effect I notice is that now I can play VI2 in window mode and I don't want that. How do I correct that?

Remove " -ne" from the launch options.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Remove " -ne" from the launch options.
    I already remove it and it works, but like I said the VI2 short cut is useless due to Steam.

I added this for the Rome TW.exe in Steam.

-mod:bi/vi2 -show_err -nm

Anyway, thanks for taking your time to respond.

Well, whether you change the launch options of the (non-Steam) shortcut or those in Steam (like the line you added), it's the same logic, there must be no -ne command. Anyway, glad you worked things out!

If I install this mod on Steam-RTW, is it still mod-foldered? Also, is there any guide for how to specifically install the mod on Steam-RTW?

I posted this about installing BI mods in RTW on Steam (will only work for the Steam version).

Thank you. But in which folder should I install the mod with Steam? I also have another mod for RTW Steam installed (Europa Barbarorum), will this one still work?

If the EB mod is for RTW then you're good and nothing else needs to be done I think, but if the EB mod requires BI then follow the instructions I linked to.

Just install it as you would normally do with the retail version then create a shortcut for RTW mods only.

You need to do what I did in post #250 to launch BI mods in Steam.

I copied the RTW Gold Edition folder in order to protect EB, and to install Viking Invasion II in that copied folder. I called that folder "Viking Invasion". The original shortcut created by the installation had this command line: ""C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Viking Invasion\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi\vi2 -nm -show_err"

Based on the instructions given here, I changed it to ""C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Viking Invasion\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi/vi2 -show_err -nm"

However, it still doesn't work. Starting the game through the shortcut just starts the original RTW game.

What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Calypze View Post
    I copied the RTW Gold Edition folder in order to protect EB, and to install Viking Invasion II in that copied folder. I called that folder "Viking Invasion". The original shortcut created by the installation had this command line: ""C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Viking Invasion\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi\vi2 -nm -show_err"

Based on the instructions given here, I changed it to ""C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Viking Invasion\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi/vi2 -show_err -nm"

However, it still doesn't work. Starting the game through the shortcut just starts the original RTW game.

What should I do?
    No, you cannot make it work by copying the RTW Gold Edition folder. What you need to do is this.

1. Verify game cache, just to make it sure RTW is working (if you know it's working then you can skip step 1)
    2. Install Viking Invasion II as usual and follow the instructions
    3. Right click on Rome Total War in Steam then click on properties and add this "-mod:bi/vi2 -show_err -nm" without quotes to the start option
    4. You must launch RTW in your Steam library then select BI in the game selector

You shouldn't use the shortcut as it doesn't work, thanks to Steam.

To uninstall Viking Invasion II is simple in Steam, just remove the starting option for the RTW.exe in Steam. Of course you might need to uninstall it in Windows though.

To clarify, I made that copy of RTW Gold inside my Steam folder, just called it Viking Invasion for distinction, and installed VI to that folder. That can't possibly work?

Quote Originally Posted by Calypze View Post
    To clarify, I made that copy of RTW Gold inside my Steam folder, just called it Viking Invasion for distinction, and installed VI to that folder. That can't possibly work?
    No, I don't think so for one reason.

The Windows registry doesn't have the necessary information about a copied game installation, but as soon you created a shortcut and send it to desktop then the Windows registry will have the information it needs to have.

I've done that myself in the past, but with Steam and everything that's related to that I dunno if anything works unless following the instructions given by a modder.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213