Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

Default Re: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

Of course. You'll just have to create a shortcut through steam, and use that instead of the one created by the installer.

DukeOfAshington's Avatar Laetus

How do i get the .exe from the RAR version. I have extracted the mod and i have placed it into the BI folder but i cant find a .exe to create a shortcut. i cant refer to the videos because they are unavailable

If you have the Steam version of the game, then it should be in Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome - Total War.

You can create the shortcut through Steam's interface without knowing exactly where the file is though.

Bottom right corner of your Window you should see your programs currently running, Double click on the Steam Icon and once Steam opens go to Games at the top of the window and click on it and select View Games Library, Now right click on the Rome: Total War Gold Edition and go to properties. In this window select Set Launch Options. This box should be empty of text. Now Input -show_err -nm -mod:bi/VI2 in this window and select Ok. Now press close and then little X in the top right corner this should take you back to your desktop.

Right Click the Steam Icon and select Rome: Total War Gold Edition to launch the game when the box appears asking if you want to play Rome or BI just click on The BI version and click OK.

DukeOfAshington's Avatar Laetus

Thanks. Its running now. Beginning a campaign as Northumbria my native county

Glad to know. Enjoy!

I had problems playing DoB on WIn7, but deleting my virtual store seems to have solved this. Hope this helps anyone trying to play this wonderful mod on Win7

Damn I'm your fan Aradan . I just download DoB (because I had VI) and I was trying to start the game, but same problem, I got CTD at launching an campaign, I was like man "what da faq" is not working, and then I saw what was the problem after I read this what you said:
    ". If using Vista and the mod crashes to desktop every time you try to play a custom battle or campaign, then you need to locate your "Virtual Store" (C:\Users\AccountName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore), delete all its contents and launch the mod again."
    Now it works, but i tried to read on internet what VirtualStore do, because I deleted 6 GB from there and I did exactly what you said xD I hope I didn't broke my computer, I'l see after restart, any way now the mod work perfectly, dude you are the best, and the mods are the best, few times I got CTDs in ur mods VI,FATW and NI. Thanks again for doing such a great work for us to play ur mods. Many, Many thanks.

ok this may be a very stupid question haha but in the "mod information & download" thread, at the "latest build" where's the VI2 1.7 is at 3 links.. are they containing the mod? xD cause the download size is 159 MB and i find that quite small ;o
    oh btw, if this turns out to be that ive got something wrong, I havent found any other download links : <

Yep, that's the mod. Quantity =/= quality.

Tiro

I just want to thank the dev team for this mod, it gives that very dark, sugestive atmosphere of original VI and the polished Rome BI mechanics, really enjoyable. It's like a Brytenwalda mod for M&B Warband, one of the best.
    Last edited by HUtH; June 30, 2013 at 02:37 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english , I don't mind correcting!

Glad you like it.

I use steam, and I can't find Rome total war or BI in my games file, what can I do? If I need to use the RAR file then I must add that the link leads nowhere and gamefront directs you to their homepage. Again I'm in dear need of help, any advise shall be most welcome. Thanks :-)

Wait, but what do I need to do if I want to play the original Rome total war and total war barbarian invasion again?

Quote Originally Posted by GuyJacks2000 View Post
    I use steam, and I can't find Rome total war or BI in my games file, what can I do? If I need to use the RAR file then I must add that the link leads nowhere and gamefront directs you to their homepage. Again I'm in dear need of help, any advise shall be most welcome. Thanks :-)
    You mean RTW/BI is not visible on your Games tab in Steam?

You can install the game with the automatic installer as well, you just need to point it to the right directory (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\rome total war gold or wherever your RTW/BI is installed), and of course you'll need a Steam-specific shortcut (the one automatically created assumes a non-Steam installation).

Quote Originally Posted by GuyJacks2000 View Post
    Wait, but what do I need to do if I want to play the original Rome total war and total war barbarian invasion again?
    VI2 is modfoldered, you can play both that and RTW or BI, you simply need different shortcuts for them.

Vulpex's Avatar Civis

Something weird, danish huskarls switch to singlehanded sword from battleaxe, and bodyguards go from axe to sword in melee.
    W7, VI 1.7, DoB 1.2.
    Nice mod i found this late, in case someone is still around...

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Installation Instructions, Issues and Support

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Yes, it's normal, the campaign scripts removes money from the player to make things appropriately hard, but unfortunately the graphs take 1 turn to sync with the situation.
    This might explain why I had a CTD when selecting the wide screen option after changing the resolution from 1024x768 to 1920x1080 in the VI2 1.7 version. Not sure why but I can reproduce it.

I don't remember if I played VI2 1.6 with the wide screen enable or not, but I didn't have a CTD when I enable the wide screen option if I did that is. If that's important I don't have a CTD in either RomeTW (Imperial Campaign, Barbarian Invasion) when I enable wide screen.

Other than that everything is working as it should except for the mercenaries, because I notice that the mercenaries doesn't boost public order when moving a mercenary unit into a settlement. Of course I could be mistaken.

I would also like to make a suggestion. How about adding the ability for the Danes to recruit diplomats, because AFAIK they cannot build archery range (Butts I think it was called) on England soil and I admit they do have access to horses. After all they're from the same region as the Saxons once came from before invading the shores of England east coast around 410 AD. So why can't they have diplomats instead of having access to archers in England unless they capture a settlement that allow them to recruit archers.

Finally, I like the mod since it's almost *impossible* to play the original Viking Invasion expansion in Medieval TW.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    This might explain why I had a CTD when selecting the wide screen option after changing the resolution from 1024x768 to 1920x1080 in the VI2 1.7 version. Not sure why but I can reproduce it.

I don't remember if I played VI2 1.6 with the wide screen enable or not, but I didn't have a CTD when I enable the wide screen option if I did that is. If that's important I don't have a CTD in either RomeTW (Imperial Campaign, Barbarian Invasion) when I enable wide screen.
    Does the CTD occur only on the first turn, before the charts are updated by the game, or during the next turns as well?

Other than that everything is working as it should except for the mercenaries, because I notice that the mercenaries doesn't boost public order when moving a mercenary unit into a settlement. Of course I could be mistaken.
    There's nothing different about mercs and other units when it comes to public order. Some few units (including the Merc Rabble) have the is_peasant attribute, which halves their effect on public order, but other than that everything's normal.

I would also like to make a suggestion. How about adding the ability for the Danes to recruit diplomats, because AFAIK they cannot build archery range (Butts I think it was called) on England soil and I admit they do have access to horses. After all they're from the same region as the Saxons once came from before invading the shores of England east coast around 410 AD. So why can't they have diplomats instead of having access to archers in England unless they capture a settlement that allow them to recruit archers.
    If we ever release another patch for VI2 (we've long since considered it finished and stopped development), this will be addressed.

Does the CTD occur only on the first turn, before the charts are updated by the game, or during the next turns as well?
    Have just checked that and now I could apply the wide screen without having a CTD. That's weird...

This is not what I expected I can tell you that, so it's probably the opposite I mean a CTD could occur after the first turn, but not on the first turn after I started a new game without saving it. Not sure if saving the game will affect or not.

Anyway this is what I did when I apply the wide option in the video settings.

I started a new game and I pick the Celts then I quit the game to go back to the in-game menu and click on the video settings option. Now I checked the wide screen option and apply the changes without any problem.

There's nothing different about mercs and other units when it comes to public order. Some few units (including the Merc Rabble) have the is_peasant attribute, which halves their effect on public order, but other than that everything's normal.
    You're right the mercenaries do boost some public order and later I notice it in-game, but I didn't know about the special is_peasant attribute.

If we ever release another patch for VI2 (we've long since considered it finished and stopped development), this will be addressed.
    Thanks for consider it.

I would also like to take the opportunity to ask you about permission to provide another mirror for the Viking Invasion II mod. You see I already have permission from both DARTH VADER and HusserlTW about mirroring their modding work.

The reason I ask is quite simple, because as we both know that MegaUpload doesn't exist anymore and GameFront aren't what it used to be plus I know other people have been asking in other mod threads for a working link.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Glad to haer the CTD does not perists. Maybe just a fluke.

Yes, sure, feel free to host the mod, but please provide a link to this forum for tech support etc.

Glad to haer the CTD does not perists. Maybe just a fluke.
    Perhaps it was just a hiccup. Who knows for sure.

Yes, sure, feel free to host the mod, but please provide a link to this forum for tech support etc.
    Done. I also took the liberty to include both Viking Invasion II 1.6+1.7 plus the 1.7 patch and Dominion of Britannia 1.2 in the same download entry plus a forum thread here.

The RAR archives for both VI2 and DoB are now available, so just use the same link as above and grab either the DoB_RAR-archive.rar file or the VI2_RAR-archive.rar file.
    Last edited by Leonardo; April 12, 2016 at 04:34 AM. Reason: All files for VI2 and DoB are now available!