Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Export_Descr_Buildings.txt

Default Re: A Guide to Export_Descr_Buildings.txt

okay, they're showing up on my rosters as recruitable, but they're portraits (and, I assume, battlefield avatars) aren't correct.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

The portraits are in the ui\units and iu\unit_info folders. If you just want to copy/paste, go for it. If you want the units in their factions' colored uniforms, there is a tutorial for it.

If you want the units to wear the right colored uniforms, there is a tutorial for it, also.

Ok. Thanks again.

I have seen the issue appear a few times in this thread with "and building_present_min_level smith leather_tanner" after faction recruitment requirements.

As you can imagine I was hoping on making it so for every unit that starts with a base armour of at least 1 you need the building that grants that level of armour. So units with leather armour require a leather_tanner etc.

I attempted this with a single unit just to troubleshoot and when right clicking on the building that would produce the unit in the building browser the game flat out crashes.

The exact unit line I changed was

recruit_pool "Greek Militia Cavalry" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and building_present_min_level smith leather_tanner

system.log only could reveal to me "20:40:37.266 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

Is "and building_present_min_level" a KINGDOMS only code? Similar to the religion in a province required command? Because if that's the case it would explain why I'm crashing - not having Kingdoms myself.

Any help would be greatful. I need to find out how to limit the amount of siege weapons to be built ie like agents are now.
    Also having siege weapons limited to fortress only and only 1-2 per fortress owned.

Please advise

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Limiting the number of units available per faction requires some nifty scripting, but then you can reduce it (for the AI) by changing the recruit_priority in the EDU. It's "the bang for the buck" calculation that leads the AI to recruit siege engines. Increasing the price (don't think maintenance is the issue here, but recruitment) should also be of assistance.

after just a quick read of the OP ...i'm only interested in implementing some "unique" buildings (not neseccarily with recruitment potential) ,let's say

a unique cathedral
    a unique fountain
    a unique tomb-crypts compartment
    and so on to some settlements

that should
    -be present from the very start and not "buildable" (hell ,not even "re-buildable" in their original settlements , just repairable)
    -and give some bonuses ,like +health or +law or +trade or +whatever

is the OP sufficient for me ? i'm a complete starter..i was just thinking to copy-paste that enrty and accordingly "twist" it to my purposes

thanks

edit: ok also found this other great tut of yours...
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=221102

one first q

how could i make that ports recruit one kind of priest only ? as in being able to recruit that kind of priest (let's say imam) only when a certain faction/culture owns the settlement ??
    Last edited by Noobio; October 04, 2011 at 03:59 PM.

Blog Entries

not rebuildable - simply remove the faction requirements:
    Code:
    requires factions {  }
    add whatever capabilities you wish and then place in the descr_strat

recruiting priests in ports - same as in churches\mosques, just add faction requirements to the recruiting line

thanks for the quick response...

so by that way i could make it that ...

every faction has a port and recruits ships and maybe some sellship mercs BUT only when a certain faction owns the settlement ,the port also becomes a "religious building" and recruits "priests of the drowned god" ? right ?

ps..
    and a second question...i found all the "Hidden Resourses" listed in the first line of EDB ,but how can i know where exactly are they located ?
    i was thinking of using the ones used for an AOR system ,in order to make the unique buildings too..
    should i just ask the other mod guys that made the AOR system or is there a more direct way?

thanks alot

This post explains about hidden resources & then there is also this.

Hi, I'm trying out the mongols at present and want the unit "Khans Guard" to be limited to 2 units at any time to be available?
    This will givethe unit a more elite status, from what I can tell will it be easier to have them as a merc unit to the mongol faction in an area?
    Or on the EDB and allowing inital 2 in the pool then a long,long number to recruite more If so Please advise as to best route.

Great respect

Blog Entries

They did that (only one unit count) in the 'crusades' kingdoms campaign - part EDB entry, part script. Can't recall the details, but 'holy canon of the sepulcher' (or similar) was one of the units.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    They did that (only one unit count) in the 'crusades' kingdoms campaign - part EDB entry, part script. Can't recall the details, but 'holy canon of the sepulcher' (or similar) was one of the units.
    Thanks for quick responce Master G, will look at it repect.
    Just a quick line. If I put the Mongols in Early Erea, Will I need to wipe out the horde script in the Late erea. And would I need to change the EDB for any reason to match early erea??

UPDATE. Looked at crusades and if right need to add Power centre and script for if held able to build unit "blaa blaa". Then in EDB add to pool "and counter present held name of power centre" would this be ok ish .
    Last edited by Lord Ragnar; December 15, 2011 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Correct but there was no script for it and that was because of the additional attribute they had in the EDU file which was unique_unit so only one unit could exist, however for the AI it seems there was a bug so in misc cases AI was able to train more than 1 in misc cases.
    Code:
    type             Canons of the Holy Sepulcher
    dictionary       Canons_of_the_Holy_Sepulcher      ; Canons of the Holy Sepulcher
    category         infantry
    class            heavy
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner faction   main_infantry
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          Canons_Of_The_Holy_Sepulcher, 48, 0, 1.2
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, very_hardy, can_withdraw, unique_unit
    @Lord Ragnar
    Read this tutorial if you want to understand the power centre script however this will not give you what you are looking for as there is no condition to check the number of particular units one faction has afaik, otherwise with an event counter one could've made such a script to make them unavailable after creating 2 units.

The only other feasible option you have is to set the initial number of units available to 2 and make the replenish rate of them to about 10 turns or use the unique_unit method on 2 units with same names (export_units.txt wise) & looks.

Ok my problem is simple.I read at the begining of the thread that you can require more than one building in a settlement in order for another to be built.In my mod (for TATW),ive made barracks ,bowyer and stables a requirement for smithies to be built.
    edb code

armourer city requires factions { sicily, byzantium, milan, scotland, turks, spain, venice, england, france, hre, portugal, egypt, mongols, moors, } and building_present_min_level barracks city_watch and building_present_min_level missiles bowyer and building_present_min_level equestrian stables
    {

Before i release i did test it and i saw that the game recognized the other buildings as requirements.
    Now i noticed that it is not buildable.Any ideas on what might be wrong???
    Im kinda desperate,ive released stuff already,i got exams at the moment and i noticed this bug now.I wouldnt worry but the smithy building is the most important building in the entire game through my mod.
    Thanks in advance!:-)

Blog Entries

TATW has stables defined as castle buildings, that's the culprit (you need to use c_stables - they are defined for cities):

stables castle requires
    c_stables city requires

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Hmm was wondering about something regarding guilds, is this possible to add more conditions of "building_ present"? For example, a X guild will be available only to a settlement with Y and Z Buildings in addition to the standard guild points?

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Sure, till now I've not reached a limit # of conditions.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Is there a limit to the amount of building entries that there can be in the EDB file? It seems when I add buildings past a certain amount they refuse to show up in the Development tab of Geomod. Deleting stock buildings or entries further up on the list causes the entries after the limit to appear in Geomod.

Quote Originally Posted by selenius4tsd View Post
    I think it would be a good idea to compile a list of all the hardcoded limits in Medieval 2. There was one of these on the org as well (which I will try to find), but in the meantime Ill start it off:

Maps:
    *Number of regions: 200 (Including sea regions)
    *Map size smaller maps (e.g map_regions): 510x510 pixels
    *Map size bigger maps (e.g map_heights): 1021x1021 pixels

Buildings:
    *Maximum number of buildings per tree is 9
    *Maximum number of building trees is 128.

Units:
    *Maximum number of units per mod/game: +/- 500

General:
    *Faction Limit: 31 (Including slave/rebel)