Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Export_Descr_Buildings.txt

Default Re: A Guide to Export_Descr_Buildings.txt

How do yo remove the hidden resource for units, i mean do i just remove the hidden resource text or do i do something else?I seem to remember somewhere that you have to edit the region files but I'm not sure.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

You can edit the EDB if I remember right.

So all i have to do is just remove the hidden resource line from the export buildings descr files for the unit i want it removed from? (detailed instructions would be nice since i have trouble following written directions from time to time, sorry I have no experience in modding except editing troop costs)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chaos lord View Post
    So all i have to do is just remove the hidden resource line from the export buildings descr files for the unit i want it removed from? (detailed instructions would be nice since i have trouble following written directions from time to time, sorry I have no experience in modding except editing troop costs)
    That is correct. But you will have to do that for each instance (building level) for that unit.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service

Hi Gigantus,

I dont understand when people wrote

recruit_pool "Christ Knights" 0 0.000001 0.1 0 requires factions { teutonic_order, }

how long would it takes for this unit to replenish itself?

Blog Entries

Seeing that the max unit available is 0.1 I would say "never". This is most likely only for replenishing\retraining of existing units. Most likely this is a "hero unit". But the replenishment rate seems ridiculously low, I agree with that.

Which mod is that from?

carricanta's Avatar Going Nowhere Fast!

First, thanks for your effort and your work -to everybody and specially to Gigantus-

Sorry for the question, but i wanna give a concrete build to a city, but i have no idea how i can relate a build or a wonder with a city.

For instance, "Casa de Contratación" to the city of Seville.

Thanks a lot.

@carricanta
    Have u made a strat model and building model for your wonder and now u want to add this in M2TW?
    Is that what u are saying?

Blog Entries

I think it is more in the line of adding a new building into the EDB. Care to do the honors?

carricanta's Avatar Going Nowhere Fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    @carricanta
    Have u made a strat model and building model for your wonder and now u want to add this in M2TW?
    Is that what u are saying?
    No, unfortunely i am not an artist. Gigantus got the right about my question. I can put the "glass maker" from the mod "For King or Country" for my own enjoyment... but i have no idea about "wonders" or city own buildings.

Thanks a lot for you interest, Ishan and Gigantus

Can anyone tell me how to make all units available for the owner of a settlement in a certain recruitment zone? So for example if Venice conquers Ceacarea the iqta'dar become available for them to recruit there.

tia

Quote Originally Posted by Co22 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to make all units available for the owner of a settlement in a certain recruitment zone? So for example if Venice conquers Ceacarea the iqta'dar become available for them to recruit there.

tia
    You have to add a hidden resource in the descr_regions.txt and then put that resource in the EDB.
    After that assign this resource to a new recruitment line for Venice and also give Venice the ownership of the unit through BMDB and EDU.
    Also u have to delete the map.rwm to make the changes in effect.
    Now this method will make this unit available to Venice in only one settlement.

There is a one more method that i find more useful and better that is power center.
    Like a unit will be available to a faction throughout the kingdom if it holds a particular settlement.
    For this read my tutorial here.

Nice tutorial! And this is even better as what I had in mind. I will try it out soon!

Thanks mate

I can't believe no one has stated this yet...

Can someone please explain in detail what the following is directly related to:

In the text below.... what does the "1" refer to?... and if I'm correct: the 0.11 is a percentage of replenishment based on how many turns per year?.... and the 2 means the max number of units the building can produce (according to this thread) so how often is that referring to?

recruit_pool "Papal Guard" 1 0.11 2 0 requires factions { papal_states, }

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Madden View Post
    I can't believe no one has stated this yet...

Can someone please explain in detail what the following is directly related to:

In the text below.... what does the "1" refer to?... and if I'm correct: the 0.11 is a percentage of replenishment based on how many turns per year?.... and the 2 means the max number of units the building can produce (according to this thread) so how often is that referring to?

recruit_pool "Papal Guard" 1 0.11 2 0 requires factions { papal_states, }

Thanks in advance for any responses.
    1 refers to the initial unit available as soon as you get that building that makes it.
    2 is the max units it can make in a single turn.
    .11 is rate of replenishment which means .11*100=11% per turn.
    Turn= years depends upon the entry made in the descr_strat.txt file and has no link with EDB. It only tells u the turn thingy and depending upon the mod, like 9 turns for replenishment = 18 years acc to vanilla coz 1 turn=2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    1 refers to the initial unit available as soon as you get that building that makes it.
    2 is the max units it can make in a single turn.
    .11 is rate of replenishment which means .11*100=11% per turn.
    Turn= years depends upon the entry made in the descr_strat.txt file and has no link with EDB. It only tells u the turn thingy and depending upon the mod, like 9 turns for replenishment = 18 years acc to vanilla coz 1 turn=2 years.

Thanks very much.

I have been playing with this file for about 20 hours strait. With your help, my results have improved my gameplay significantly.

Just off-hand here: Is there an editor program for this file?... it took me a long time to edit each unit/line. I used to mod MTW1 a lot from using created database programs...ie Gnome and Hedges.. and was wondering if you know of any that would make things easier.. A quick search only recovered a program that highlighted text, but not made it any faster to edit.

Thanks again for the help.

Glad to help bro.
    There is a program for EDU editing but i haven't seen any for EDB and in fact i do it manually myself and it's pretty easy once you get used to it.

I cant add witch agent with EDB

Log file says there is no agent type such as witch.

Is there another way to add a witch by EDB?

-------------Leader of the AP mod-----------------