Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Export_Descr_Buildings.txt

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: A Guide to Export_Descr_Buildings.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    So if I got it right, by putting the logging camp condition first as a minimum level requiered, that should solve the issue
    EDB conditions are read by the game from right to left. It's only a problem when the conditions have a mixture of ANDs and ORs, which yours do. By having logging camp on the end you're saying that marble needs a logging camp and that the other resource types don't. So yes, putting it at the start fixes that problem (but not your vanishing queue problem - that's unrelated).

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Thanks for the clarification. So basically, I need to implement Gig's script model into mine as well
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Hello guys I hope you can help me out a bit here.
    Im trying to change the requirement for egypt to recruit a unit of Mamluk Archer Cavalry, to requiring not only the stable from which they are bought, but also that there's a Practice Range present in the castle. So i have the line for the unit looking like this.
    recruit_pool "Mamluk Archers" 1 0.20 1 0 requires factions { egypt, } and building_present_min_level missiles practice_range
    However with this on the end "and building...." then it just crashes the game. So what am I doing wrong? in my knowledge having never done this before though. Then this should work?

Hope anyone can let me know.

Thank you very much Withwnar.
    First link did what i wanted.

Make 2 recuitments pools
    Building 1 provides max pool
    recruit_pool "Unit" 0 0 3 0 requires factions { faction, }
    Building 2 provides unit growth
    recruit_pool "Unit" 1 0.13 0 0 requires factions { faction, }

This allowed me to do what i wanted.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: A Guide to the Export_Descr_Buildings.txt File

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    recruit_pool "AS Bombard" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { timurids, }
    The higher the number, the faster the replenishment. In this case you get a 40% 'unit refill' every round.
    What is the number of turns that recquired toi recruit a unit (lets say one unit must need 1 turn and an other 4 turns). What is the number in the sequence in your post that determins that?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

In this case, Antoniusll you're looking at the 2nd number recruit_pool "AS Bombard" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { timurids, }
    This represents the growth of the unit per turn, so 0.4 Bombards will be ready, meaning every 3 rounds or so you can recruit a new one.
    "I'm pretty sure the .2 that would be left over after 3 rounds is still remembered, meaning then its only 2 more rounds before another Bombard is ready. Then it of cause starts from 0.0"

From SS 6.4:
    recruit_pool "Gothic Knights" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { hre, } and event_counter GOTHIC_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter ADV_MATCHLOCK 1

Does the "and event_counter GOTHIC_Armor 1" mean that the unit can only be recruited after this event took place?
    And secondly, does the "and not event_counter ADV_MATCHLOCK 1" mean that Gothic knights are only recruitable until this event takes place?
    In other words, are Gothic Knights only recruitable between the Gothic_armor event and the matchlock event? After the Matchlock event they are no longer recruitable?

Thanks!
    Sig made by me, content from Broken Crescent.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Tintin2 View Post
    From SS 6.4:
    recruit_pool "Gothic Knights" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { hre, } and event_counter GOTHIC_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter ADV_MATCHLOCK 1

Does the "and event_counter GOTHIC_Armor 1" mean that the unit can only be recruited after this event took place?
    And secondly, does the "and not event_counter ADV_MATCHLOCK 1" mean that Gothic knights are only recruitable until this event takes place?
    In other words, are Gothic Knights only recruitable between the Gothic_armor event and the matchlock event? After the Matchlock event they are no longer recruitable?

Thanks!
    yes , yes

and this may be quite extensive:
    Code:
    ;- Georgia stables -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Msakhureuli Light Cavalry
            recruit_pool  "georgian light horse archers"  1		0.13   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and hidden_resource georgia and not event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1
            recruit_pool  "georgian light horse archers"  1		0.17   3  1  requires factions { georgia, } and hidden_resource georgia and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1		
            recruit_pool  "georgian light horse archers"  1		0.13   3  2  requires factions { georgia, } and hidden_resource georgia and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1

recruit_pool  "georgian light horse archers"  1		0.09   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not hidden_resource georgia and not event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1
            recruit_pool  "georgian light horse archers"  1		0.13   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not hidden_resource georgia and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1		
            recruit_pool  "georgian light horse archers"  1		0.09   2  1  requires factions { georgia, } and not hidden_resource georgia and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1

; Tatar Lancers
            recruit_pool  "Naqivchaqari Cavalry"  1   0.13	2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and hidden_resource tartars and event_counter mongols_invasion_warn 1 and not event_counter mongols_blue_horde_caucasus 1
            recruit_pool  "Naqivchaqari Cavalry"  1   0.17	2  1  requires factions { georgia, } and hidden_resource tartars and event_counter mongols_blue_horde_caucasus 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1
            recruit_pool  "Naqivchaqari Cavalry"  1   0.21	2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and hidden_resource tartars and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1

recruit_pool  "Naqivchaqari Cavalry"  1   0.09	2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not hidden_resource tartars and event_counter mongols_invasion_warn 1 and not event_counter mongols_blue_horde_caucasus 1
            recruit_pool  "Naqivchaqari Cavalry"  1   0.13	2  1  requires factions { georgia, } and not hidden_resource tartars and event_counter mongols_blue_horde_caucasus 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1
            recruit_pool  "Naqivchaqari Cavalry"  1   0.17	2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not hidden_resource tartars and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1

; Monaspa Lancers
            recruit_pool  "georgian heavy lancers"  1	0.08	2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and hidden_resource georgia and event_counter GEORGIAN3_SHOTA_RUSTAVELI 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1  
    		recruit_pool  "georgian heavy lancers"  1	0.13	2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and hidden_resource georgia and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1

recruit_pool  "georgian heavy lancers"  1	0.06	2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not hidden_resource georgia and event_counter GEORGIAN3_SHOTA_RUSTAVELI 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1  
            recruit_pool  "georgian heavy lancers"  1	0.09	2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not hidden_resource georgia and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Yup, event counters that change during the building period will reset the building process, eg cancel it. We used a script work around in EBII that might help:

Code:
        monitor_event AddedToBuildingQueue FactionType f_rome
            and BuildingName = roads_garrison_four
            inc_counter cohors_disbanded -5
            if I_IsFactionAIControlled f_rome                    ;;; for the AI it is not needed
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
            if I_CompareCounter cohors_disbanded < 5
                set_event_counter ecVeteran_Colony 0
            end_if
        end_monitor
        ;
        ;   Re-enable the event counter after the player has clicked the end turn button. If this isn't done, the colony building will never complete.
        ;
        monitor_event ButtonPressed ButtonPressed end_turn
            if I_IsFactionAIControlled f_rome                    ;;; for the AI it is not needed
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
            ;
            if not I_IsFactionAIControlled f_rome
                set_event_counter ecVeteran_Colony 1
            end_if
        end_monitor
        ;
        ;   Disable the event counter at the end of faction turn.
        ;
        monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType f_rome
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
            set_event_counter ecVeteran_Colony 0
        end_monitor
    EDIT: sorry, just saw the answer to my questions below in the discussion below this tutorial of yours!

Just tried implementing this in SSHIP, but I want to be sure if I understand my test results correctly: the event counter used as a condition needs to be set to 1 at the end of the faction turn for the construction to progress, but other wise if it is set to 0 any other time I doesn't restart the queue, right?
    And the condition counter need to be set to 1 at the faction turn start for the building to appear as constructable, otherwise it is just not shown in the settlement construction panel, right?
    Last edited by Belovèse; February 24, 2021 at 12:15 PM.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Technically it works this way:

- the script runs a check whether to enable the event counter
    - when the building gets added to the queue the event counter gets disabled to prevent exploit
    - at turn end button pressed the event counter gets enabled again to enable building progression
    - at pre faction turn start the event counter gets disabled again
    - start again at step one

The above will perpetually enable and disable the event counter between button pressed and prefaction turn start, thereby making sure any building in the queue will progress until it is build. My script was written for a single, unique building whereas the EBII is for multiple, unique buildings.

Thanks, so in SSHIP case we can use our event counter is_the_player to make player-only buildings, because this trigger is set at PreFactionTurnStart only, that's what I tested just before posting.
    We'll see in the future if the team wants to include your script for single or multiple unique buildings.

Blog Entries

Yup, is_the_player would be the event_counter to confirm it's the player, but you still need an event_counter for triggering the building conditions, unless you want the unique building to be available form the start. Not sure if resetting that event_counter won't play havoc with other script\EDB stuff, better to have a dedicated counter, you can add that to the same monitor that controls is_the_player.

Dedicated monitors are what we're going with, as jurand's idea is to make some buildings available under different conditions for different factions. I took is_the_player as an example because it is in some posts higher in the thread, and because we also had someone suggest we make our "food supply" building chain player-only. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Blog Entries

You're welcome, let me know if you need any assist.

@Gigantus,
    I've got three questions on the effects of the buildings:

I. What's the difference between the following effects:
    religion_level bonus 1
    amplify_religion_level 1.0

II. Farms in EBII have all three effects, why not simply use only one of them (eg. farming_level 4)
    population_growth_bonus bonus 2
    farming_level 1
    farming_level bonus 1

III. Why there's such a huge difference between squalor in these two cities despite they have similar populations?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

III. Well, its a settlement and a castle, so its a pretty big difference. I think squalor doesnt depend only on pupulation, but how much population is there over the current level population limit (or how many is left till the next one, not sure), and castles and settlements have different populations requiremenets.

But anyway, this is primarily set by descr_settlement_mechanics. Look up squalor in it, there might be a different modifier for cities and castles.

II. and I: Curious about that too

The coefficients in descr_settlement_mechanics do not explain the difference, imo. That hint about the difference to the limit is interesting but I still don't think it explains the issue. I'll try to compare apples to apples and see the diference.
    <factor name="SPF_SQUALOUR">
    <pip_modifier value="1.0"/>
    <castle_modifier value="0.8"/>
    <city_modifier value="1.0"/>
    <pip_min value="0"/>
    <pip_max value="200"/>
    </factor>
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; February 27, 2021 at 11:06 AM.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

I. This says...

amplify_religion_level
    This increases the effectiveness of religious buildings in converting the populace by 33 and 1/3 times the number specified.
    I'm not sure what to make of those numbers but I think it means it increases the religion_level value by an additional 33.3% for each 1 of this amplify_religion_level value.

e.g. Settlement has religion_level = 3 from some building(s) and amplify_religion_level = 2 from a building. So it would amplify that 3 by an additional 66.6% (2 x 33.3%), i.e. multiply it by 166.6%, giving an actual religion_level of 5. Don't quote me on that though.

In short, the difference is that it doesn't add to religion_level, it multiplies whatever value already exists.

However, this thread is finding that the number is really 50% not 33.3%, displayed at least.

Blog Entries

mak is right: amplify_religion_level was used the first time in the byzantine icon maker building. The effect was to enhance the prevalent\faction's religion, eg if catholics occupied a city with that building and set up a temple\church then the icon maker would amplify the catholic belief, byzantine the orthodox belief and so on.

religion_level bonus is linked to the religion specification of the building, eg a church's religion, the value indicating the effectiveness.

population_growth_bonus - accelerates existing pop growth
    farming_level - increases fertility level of the region (from descr_regions), governs max pop levels.
    farming_level bonus - afaik that's the 'income' bonus from farms