Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Export_Descr_Buildings.txt

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: A Guide to Export_Descr_Buildings.txt

Guys,
    I've coded a building as seen in the pic. Only a few provinces have hidden resource sicily, and only palermo among them has "capital". However, I can build the building in London... why?

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Did you you regenerate map.rwm?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Did you you regenerate map.rwm?
    Yes, I have. Actually, I can build the building anywhere with any faction, from the very beginning of the game.
    But now I see where I've made a mistake - lack of comma in the list of eligible factions...
    Thanks for reaching with a helping hand, @Jadli!
    I think among the new pics for the new version of the SSHIP, one depicts something close to your heart (ehm, who knows, but I'm trying to ;-)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 18, 2021 at 12:27 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Yea, it looks like St. Vitus Cathedral in Prague

BTW, what you mean by "income (+) or upkeep (+-) of this establishment +-50" . And the 1/10th of public health you did by reducing the modifier in descr_settlement_mechanics, right?

1/10th of public health is meant to say: population growth bonus is 10% of public health bonus, so here 1,5.

But I can't say if the base value has been changed on SSHIP, I'm not on my computer right now.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Yea, it looks like St. Vitus Cathedral in Prague
    BTW, what you mean by "income (+) or upkeep (+-) of this establishment +-50" . And the 1/10th of public health you did by reducing the modifier in descr_settlement_mechanics, right?
    That's right it's St. Vitus.
    +- means upkeep as the game engine adds automatically + (so it's not possible to get only '-")
    1/10th - the mechanics is unchanged, I've only added an information for the player who doesn't distinguish between growth and health bonuses (and there're some buildings in the SSHIP that just exchange growth into health).
    However, it's good you've brought my attention to it - it'd be better to have only health bonuses in this case.

BTW, maybe I can get a quick advise: how to make a building available to different factions conditioned by different events (I know it's completely wrong, but how to make it right?).

Code:
    building castel_del_monte{
      levels castel_del_monte1
      {
        castel_del_monte1 requires factions { sicily, hre } and event_counter federico2 or requires factions { france, england, } and event_counter palermoconquered 1
        {
          capability
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 18, 2021 at 02:33 PM.

Maybe out best option is to rely on events fixed on the campaign_script? If I understand correctly the coding in EDB is tricky...

We could have this in EDB:
    Code:
    castel_del_monte1 requires event_counter EDB_CastelDelMonte_buildable 1
    working with this in script:
    Code:
    monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart TrueCondition

set_event_counter EDB_CastelDelMonte_buildable 0

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_sicily = 1
      and I_EventCounter federico2 = 1
        set_event_counter EDB_CastelDelMonte_buildable 1
     end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_hre = 1
      and I_EventCounter federico2 = 1
     end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_france = 1
       and I_EventCounter palermoconquered = 1
      end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_england = 1
       and I_EventCounter palermoconquered = 1
      end_if
    end_monitor
    It is just a draft, the ifs sequences can be optimised

EDIT: any way to enable tabs formatting in the posts?
    Last edited by Belovèse; April 18, 2021 at 03:28 PM.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Gaming Emeritus

Yea, curious about how to do such as requirement as well though things can get complicated... Doing it via CS is surely an easier solution

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    That's right it's St. Vitus.
    +- means upkeep as the game engine adds automatically + (so it's not possible to get only '-")
    I dont get it

I dont get it
    Code:
    ;==================================================================================================================================;===================   SMALL CHURCH  ==============================================================================================
    ;==================================================================================================================================		  
        small_church city requires factions { denmark, jerusalem, norway,  hre, scotland, france, england, hungary, poland, venice, papal_states, portugal, spain, aragon, sicily, pisa, } and building_present_min_level builders builders1 
        {
          convert_to 0
          capability
          {
            agent priest  0  requires factions { jerusalem, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent priest  0  requires factions { hre, france, england, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent priest  0  requires factions { denmark, norway, scotland, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent priest  0  requires factions { hungary, poland, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent priest  0  requires factions { papal_states, sicily, pisa, venice, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent priest  0  requires factions { portugal, spain, aragon, } and hidden_resource capital

agent_limit priest  0
            agent_limit priest  1  requires factions { denmark, jerusalem, norway,  hre, scotland, france, england, hungary, poland, venice, papal_states, portugal, spain, aragon, sicily, pisa, } and hidden_resource capital
            agent_limit priest  1  requires factions { denmark, jerusalem, norway,  hre, scotland, france, england, hungary, poland, venice, papal_states, portugal, spain, aragon, sicily, pisa, } and event_counter strictly_religious 1
    		; no bonus for the AI (as it is for the orthodox and muslims) because there're many catholic factions in the game and they'd flood the map

religion_level bonus 1
            pope_disapproval 1

law_bonus bonus 1
            population_health_bonus bonus 1
    ;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; UPKEEP/INCOME		
    		income_bonus bonus -50
          }
          material wooden
          construction  3
          cost  1350
          settlement_min town
          upgrades
          {
            church
          }
        }
    ;======
    income_bonus bonus -50: the game will show "+" as this is is bonus, then the number: -50, as a result: +-50

Of course, the costs will be incurred only if there're other buildings giving the money.

Gaming Emeritus

ahhh... income_bonus bonus adds/removed the amount of florins you write there? Didnt know we had such a capability

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    religion_level bonus is linked to the religion specification of the building, eg a church's religion
    Thanks, @Gig!

Another question: will it work as intended (boni for the catholics, mali for the others):
    religion_level bonus 2 requires factions { northern_european, hungary, poland, southern_european, }
    religion_level bonus -2 requires factions { middle_eastern, lithuania, cumans, mongols, greek, kievan_rus, russia, } and not event_counter is_the_player 1
    I understand the AI never destroys buildings building so the negative impact is only for the player.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Yup, that should work.

Gaming Emeritus

and does the negative religion bonus only decrease the bonus from other religious buildings, or it can also actively go to negative, i.e., converting to the heretis/nothingness I assume?

Blog Entries

Bonuses only subtract from existing values, never going below zero.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Building requirements for first level of building chain doesn't work if I add hidden_resource condition. So how can I limit the building for particular territory?

Since it's a first level and should be built in the very beginning of campaign I can't tie it to any advanced faction specific building.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Blog Entries

Stand alone tree, aka one building level only? Please copy the code you think will not work. EBII has a torturous way to enable multiple choices from a base building if I remember correctly, maybe that might work for you?

I removed the miles of recruit pool lines for a better oversight, 'upgrades' is the key:
    Code:
    building govrome
    {
        religion rel_g
        levels romeprec civlib socit provinc iuslat municip
        {
            romeprec requires factions { f_rome, } and not building_present govallied and not building_present govslave
            {
                capability
                {
                    law_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { f_rome, }
                    farming_level bonus 1
                }
                material stone
                construction  2
                cost  1200
                settlement_min village
                upgrades
                {
                    civlib requires factions { f_rome, } and not hidden_resource italy
                    socit requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecCamillanEra 1 or event_counter ecPolybianEra 1
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource hr_island and not hidden_resource iberia ; all islands bar Baleares
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource achaenleague and not hidden_resource hr_island ; Hellas
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource deuteroi and not hidden_resource achaenleague ; Epeiros/Makedonia
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource egypt and hidden_resource hr_d ; Upper Nile only
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource nabatu_empire and hidden_resource eastern or hidden_resource ioudaioi ; Ioudaia/Syria
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource punic and hidden_resource hr_d ; Punic
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource libya and hidden_resource nomadic_migration ; coastal Libya
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource numidia and hidden_resource mixed or hidden_resource horde_target ; coastal Numidia/Mauretania
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource celtiberia or hidden_resource lusitan or hidden_resource iberia ; Hispania
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource anatolian and not hidden_resource satrapy ; most of Anatolia
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource anatolian and hidden_resource satrapy and not hidden_resource hr_j ; Mysia/Karia/Pamphylia
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecMarianEra 1 and hidden_resource anatolian and hidden_resource satrapy and hidden_resource hr_j ; Kappadokia
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource celtic and not hidden_resource eastcelt and hidden_resource gallic or hidden_resource belgic ; Gaul/Belgica
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource eastcelt and not hidden_resource thrakia and not hidden_resource nomadic_migration and not hidden_resource teutonic_migration ; Alpine Gaul/Raition/Venetia/Liguria/Galatia
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource celtic and hidden_resource eastcelt and hidden_resource horde_target and hidden_resource royal_core ; Pannonia
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecMarianEra 1 and hidden_resource celtic and hidden_resource eastcelt and hidden_resource horde_target and hidden_resource nomadic_migration ; Etunorikoi
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecMarianEra 1 and hidden_resource celtic and hidden_resource eastcelt and hidden_resource teutonic_migration and not hidden_resource germania and not hidden_resource hr_i ; Herkunion
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource illyria ; Illyria
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecMarianEra 1 and hidden_resource thrakia and not hidden_resource illyria ; Thraike
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecMarianEra 1 and hidden_resource skythian ; Skythia
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecMarianEra 1 and hidden_resource sarmatian and hidden_resource pontic ; Maiotis
                    iuslat requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecMarianEra 1
                    municip requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource italy and hidden_resource hr_i    ;;; to allow reconstitute Rome anytime in case it is lost - always available here
                }
            }
            civlib requires factions { f_rome, } and not building_present govallied and hidden_resource achaenleague or hidden_resource anatolian or hidden_resource deuteroi or hidden_resource eastern or hidden_resource gallic or hidden_resource horde_target or hidden_resource hr_island or hidden_resource iberia or hidden_resource illyria or hidden_resource libya or hidden_resource numidia or hidden_resource punic
            {
                capability ;; 10 of instant recruitment, but with very slow refresh
                {
                    agent diplomat  1  requires factions { f_rome, } and not event_counter diplomat_limit 1
                    agent_limit diplomat 1
                    recruitment_cost_bonus_naval bonus 1
                    happiness_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { f_rome, }
                    recruitment_slots 2 requires factions { f_rome, }
                    free_upkeep bonus 3 requires factions { f_rome, }
                    farming_level bonus -2 requires factions { f_rome, }
                }
                material stone
                construction  4
                cost  2000
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource hr_island ; all islands
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource achaenleague and not hidden_resource hr_island ; Hellas
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource deuteroi and not hidden_resource achaenleague ; Epeiros/Makedonia
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource egypt and hidden_resource hr_d ; Upper Nile only
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource nabatu_empire and hidden_resource eastern or hidden_resource ioudaioi ; Ioudaia/Syria
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource punic and hidden_resource hr_d ; Punic
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource libya and hidden_resource nomadic_migration ; coastal Libya
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource numidia and hidden_resource mixed or hidden_resource horde_target ; coastal Numidia/Mauretania
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource celtiberia or hidden_resource lusitan or hidden_resource iberia ; Hispania
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource anatolian and not hidden_resource satrapy ; most of Anatolia
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource anatolian and hidden_resource satrapy and not hidden_resource hr_j ; Mysia/Karia/Pamphylia
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecMarianEra 1 and hidden_resource anatolian and hidden_resource satrapy and hidden_resource hr_j ; Kappadokia
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource celtic and not hidden_resource eastcelt and hidden_resource gallic or hidden_resource belgic ; Gaul/Belgica
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource eastcelt and not hidden_resource thrakia and not hidden_resource nomadic_migration and not hidden_resource teutonic_migration ; Alpine Gaul/Raition/Venetia/Liguria/Galatia
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource celtic and hidden_resource eastcelt and hidden_resource horde_target and hidden_resource royal_core ; Pannonia
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecMarianEra 1 and hidden_resource celtic and hidden_resource eastcelt and hidden_resource horde_target and hidden_resource nomadic_migration ; Etunorikoi
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecMarianEra 1 and hidden_resource celtic and hidden_resource eastcelt and hidden_resource teutonic_migration and not hidden_resource germania and not hidden_resource hr_i ; Herkunion
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource illyria ; Illyria
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecMarianEra 1 and hidden_resource thrakia and not hidden_resource illyria ; Thraike
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecMarianEra 1 and hidden_resource skythian ; Skythia
                    provinc requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecMarianEra 1 and hidden_resource sarmatian and hidden_resource pontic ; Maiotis
                }
            }
            socit city requires factions { f_rome, } and not building_present govallied and hidden_resource italy and hidden_resource hr_f or hidden_resource hr_g or hidden_resource hr_h or hidden_resource hr_j
            {
                capability
                {
                    ;;; CAMILLAN ERA - CENTRAL ITALIA
                    agent diplomat  1  requires factions { f_rome, } and not event_counter diplomat_limit 1
                    agent_limit diplomat 1
                    happiness_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { f_rome, }
                    recruitment_slots 1 requires factions { f_rome, } and not event_counter ecWinter 1
                    recruitment_slots 4 requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecWinter 1
                }
                material stone
                construction  4
                cost  4000
                settlement_min village
                upgrades
                {
                    iuslat
                }
            }
            provinc city requires factions { f_rome, } and not building_present govallied
            {
                capability  ;; No recruitment before the Marian era. 10 * 0.04 of local units suitable for support of the legions
                {
                    recruitment_slots 1 requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecMarianEra 1 and not event_counter ecWinter 1
                    recruitment_slots 4 requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecMarianEra 1 and event_counter ecWinter 1
                    recruits_morale_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { f_rome, } ; No effect other than to provide the visible text for the Trade Good bonus
                    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { f_rome, }
                    agent_limit diplomat 1
                }
                material stone
                construction  8
                cost  6000
                settlement_min large_town
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
            iuslat city requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource italy and not building_present govallied and region_religion rel_g 65
            {
                capability  ;; 10 * 0.04 plus up to 12 * 0.04 from Colonies there
                {
                    happiness_bonus bonus -1 requires factions { f_rome, } and region_religion rel_g 75
                    recruitment_slots 1 requires factions { f_rome, } and not event_counter ecWinter 1
                    recruitment_slots 6 requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecWinter 1
                }
                material stone
                construction  10
                cost  12000
                settlement_min city
                upgrades
                {
                    municip requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource hr_i    ; to allow reconstruction in Rome anytime in case it is lost - always available here
                    municip requires factions { f_rome, } and not hidden_resource hr_i and event_counter ecMarianEra 1    ; Marian reforms are the trigger to allow multiple municipia in Italy - not necessary to duplicate in Rome
                }
            }
            municip city requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource italy and not building_present govallied and region_religion rel_g 75
            {
                capability
                {
                    recruit_pool "roman infantry cohors reformata"  1  0.12  3  0  requires factions { f_rome, } and not hidden_resource hr_i and event_counter ecMarianEra 1
                    recruit_pool "roman infantry cohors levy"  2  0.04  4  0  requires factions { f_rome, } and not hidden_resource hr_i and event_counter ecMarianEra 1
                    religion_level bonus 1 requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecReligionUpdate 1
                    law_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { f_rome, }
                    happiness_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { f_rome, } and region_religion rel_g 90
                    population_growth_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { f_rome, }
                    agent diplomat  2  requires factions { f_rome, } and not event_counter diplomat_limit 1
                    agent_limit diplomat 1
                    recruitment_slots bonus 1 requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource hr_i and not event_counter ecWinter 1
                    recruitment_slots bonus 2 requires factions { f_rome, } and hidden_resource hr_i and event_counter ecWinter 1
                    recruitment_slots 2 requires factions { f_rome, } and not event_counter ecWinter 1
                    recruitment_slots 8 requires factions { f_rome, } and event_counter ecWinter 1
                }
                material stone
                construction  16
                cost  14000
                settlement_min city
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins
        {
        }
    }
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 12, 2021 at 05:38 AM.

Indeed, as Gig said, the EBII team definitely has done just about everything possible with the building trees, so checking their EDB is a great place to start learning. And if you could show us a minimal working example of what you are trying to implement, that would help us to better solve whatever issue you're having.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Well, I made a small mistake editing descr_regions.txt.bak instead of .txt and realised it only today. But.

This works
    Code:
    building sea_raid
    {
        levels pirate_den
        {
            pirate_den requires factions { hre, } and hidden_resource shore
            {
                capability
                {
                    recruit_pool "Viking Raiders" 1   0.15  2  2  requires factions { hre, } and not hidden_resource ironmen 
                    recruit_pool "Dismounted Huscarls" 1   0.1  2  2  requires factions { hre, } and not hidden_resource ironmen 
                    recruit_pool "longboat"       1   0.08   2  2  requires factions { hre, }
                    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2
                }
                material wooden
                construction  1
                cost  100 
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }
    And this doesn't work
    Code:
    building sea_raid
    {
        levels pirate_den
        {
            pirate_den requires factions { hre, } and hidden_resource shore and not hidden_resource ironmen
            {
                capability
                {
                    recruit_pool "Viking Raiders" 1   0.15  2  2  requires factions { hre, } and not hidden_resource ironmen 
                    recruit_pool "Dismounted Huscarls" 1   0.1  2  2  requires factions { hre, } and not hidden_resource ironmen 
                    recruit_pool "longboat"       1   0.08   2  2  requires factions { hre, }
                    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2
                }
                material wooden
                construction  1
                cost  100 
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }
    It's a pirate den for Ironborn from Westeros. I want them make fast building representing ships nested at the shore. In their homeland isles they already have ports so no need to do this. And in the captured enemy region it's necessary but if I tie building to port builded in region I have some troubles if there's no port built by previous owner. Also it have no meaning if enemy port already exist.

So I have to add hidden_resourse shore on coastline regions. And seems also have to add another hinterland_coast building which can't be built and only prescribed via descr_strat with different levels for regions. It give me some new possibilities such as economical bonuses for different areas within those hinterland_coast.

Also - if I don't specify castle/city condition in building requirements - and initial level will be set on village for those hinterland, will it work?

Edit - I solved it with simply removing shore hidden_resource from Ironmen homelands. But question about village level for hinterlan_coast requirements is still interesting.
    Last edited by bitterhowl; November 12, 2021 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Find solution by myself

Blog Entries

Multiple hidden_resource work, see my example. I can only guess it might be a formatting\typo issue in your EDB (check the referring entry at the top) or descr_regions.

To establish a hidden_resource you should first enter it at the top in EDB and then copy it into descr_regions (make sure to place commas for multiple instances). This would then reduce errors to the hidden_resource condition in the tree\levels.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 12, 2021 at 10:23 PM.

I meant this line
    Code:
    levels romeprec civlib socit provinc iuslat municip
        {
            romeprec requires factions { f_rome, } and not building_present govallied and not building_present govslave
            {
    with condition and not hidden_resource