Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: A Beginner's Guide to the Export_Descr_Unit

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: A Beginner's Guide to the Export_Descr_Unit

The only one changing the hardcode is CA, and with the last patch already three years old, aint gonna happen.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Ok. *Runs off to find a disgruntled CA employee*
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

i realize the kingdoms units are not featured in the export_descr_unit

for example i try to change greek firethrower's range to 300 but i couldn't even find the greek firethrower in the txt file!

is there a way to edit kingdoms units if all i have is the vanilla game (MTWII/Kingdoms)

if u click 'unpack all' i would think it would also unpack kingdoms--the crusades, teutonic, americas, and britannia but when i go to data folder afterwards it is clear the kingdoms campaigns are still unpacked.

so to unpack the kingdoms campaigns we have to unpack 4 more in the tools unpacker folder right?

unpack all unpacks the original mtwii
    unpack americas unpacks americas campaign
    unpack teutonic unpacks teutonic campaign
    unpack crusades unpacks crusades campaign
    unpack americas unpacks americas campaign

right?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Yes.

ok i just unpacked crusades.
    i changed greek firethrower range to 300.
    saved it.

but how do i run the game?
    should i run kingdoms exe or should i create a batch file,etc...

right now, when i play crusades campaign the stats are still not updated!

i am very bad at this and a total newbie so any detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated!

Create a .bat file in your crusades folder to launch the game. The code for it is below:-
    Code:
    @echo off
    cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\crusades\Configuration.cfg
    Hereu have to place the Configuration.cfg file into the crusades folder also:-
    And just use the main .cfg here and put these lines on top in the new copied .cfg:-
    Code:
    [features]
    editor = true
    mod = mods/crusades

[io]
    file_first = true

[log] 
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt 
    level = * error

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

twaytwya, if I were you I'd just install KGCM, or one of the other mods that integrates kingdoms stuff. The alternative, doing it all yourself, is going to take you a long time. But if you're just doing this to learn about modding m2tw then carry on, of course

this is a great guide and im sure all of us are thankful, but i edited some silvan elves (b/c i believe they are way underpowered unlike in the movies and books they were awesome) but i changed the main attack to 18 for archers and it doesn't show when when i check their stats in the game, are the units still more powerful or did i do something wrong?

how do u change how long it takes to be able to recruit them in campain

um....it should show the new damage you put in did you add [io] file_first = true to your preference file if not thats why.
    Last edited by Ishan; October 10, 2010 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Double Post

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYMONKEY View Post
    how do u change how long it takes to be able to recruit them in campain
    Read this post of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYMONKEY View Post
    um....it should show the new damage you put in did you add [io] file_first = true to your preference file if not thats why.
    I don't really get ur question but:-
    IO command is used when we want the modded files to read first instead of original files lying in the .packs.

Many thanks!!!!!

Glad to help bro.

Hi, ive been fiddling around with EDU or at least trying to, but the game does not seem to accept the changes. i have tried the [io] file_first = true method and making a cfg for .bat medieval2.exe @x.cfg and made the files suggested in previous posts read only, but the changes just dont happen. its getting very frustrating having seen all the previous posts and them not taking effect. please help!

Make sure your EDU file lies in the data folder that you unpacked after that just put the IO command in the main .cfg file of your game then save it and under properties set it to read only type. Then your mod changes will be read from it.

thanks a lot man, as i am using windows 7 it unpacked all the files into c:\users\user\appdata\local\virtualstore, and i thought that i needed to copy paste all the files in there over to my main M2TW directory and was editing them there. Cheers for pulling the wool off of my eyes

Glad to help bro.

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Quick question, how do I change the 'accent' for a whole faction? Where would I achieve this?

descr_sounds_accents.txt is the file you want. Change it then delete the .idx and .dat files in the sounds folder and start the game to make the changes.
    You need all the 35 sound text files in the data folder though before you start the game.

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

Hi guys, I recently began modding the EDU file so that I can put my new units in-game, but what I'm still confused about is the minimum delay(the one on stat_pri and stat_sec)and the stat_fire_delay. It seems to me that the minimum delay isn't used because as I somewhat realized, every unit in the file has the value of 25 assigned to it. I tried changing it and I tested it too on a crossbowman unit... it seems(just seems) to reload and fire faster, sorry but I'm too busy and can't test it at length myself. So does this part really works? Thanks in advance