Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CHALLENGE THREAD -- Issue a challenge here

Imperator Romani's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: CHALLENGE THREAD -- Issue a challenge here

Topic Title: Abortion

Details: Is abortion ok?

Position: I am against it unless it's rape.

Indefinitely Banned

Topic title; Are guns in general needed for self-defense?
    Details; Are guns really needed to defend yourself in your home, in public, or just about anywhere?
    Position; I am for the right to have guns to defend yourself and the right to carry them in public legally to protect myself and anyone with me.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Topic: The Nobel Peace Prize

Details: Since this is a current event with Pres. Obama being nominated for the 2009 prize, I think it is time to cover some ground on this topic. I will prefer a question such as: Is the commttee following the wishes of Nobel's will?

Position: either

Note: Any other question on this topic will also be considered.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Rt. Hon. Gentleman's Avatar Campidoctor

TOPIC: Was 1960s brutalist council housing in the UK tantamount to a social crime perpetrated by local councils?

DETAILS: If you don't know what I'm talking about, see here:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    All the explanation needed.

POSITION: Yes, they were a social crime. I do not mean that in terms of the architects being put in prison or something silly like that, but I would certainly contend that they were instrumental in forging a large percentage of the recreant youth of today.

Take me on if you wish, ladies and gentlemen, I am game!

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Topic: Corporal punishment

Details: Is it ok? For example: Executing serial killers and castrating rappers.

Position: I am for it in some cases.
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

Saxon wårolord's Avatar Centenarius

Topic title: What is Palestine?
    Details: Popular topic nowadays, what is Palestine? Is it some sort of cultural, political, religious external entity? Anyone can take the challenge.
    Position: I have good reasons to think that 'Palestine' is no more than one out of many political tools of the arab league.

Saint Nicholas's Avatar No Avatar Specified

Topic: Should smoking tobacco be made illegal?
    Details: Discussion on whether we should stop kidding ourselves with nicorette patches and the like and just ban the practice altogether.
    Position: For the ban.

PM me.
    "Muscovy", as its rulers have previously called it, is a sleeping giant, with age-old traditions and ways of doing things. Here, the feudal way of life has become so entrenched that the serfs are as tied to the land as cattle, and with almost as few rights. It is a vast, deeply conservative and religious country: Mother Russia and the Orthodox Church are the two pillars of national belief. The Tsar may be the father of his people, but by tradition and practice he is a stern parent. Ivan the Terrible was well named, and he has not been the only ruler with an iron will. Russia is the "Third Rome". The last bastion of Orthodox Christianity.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Topic: "Scottish Independance - The Way Forward, or Damaging Idealistic Nonsense?"

Details - On Monday, Alex Salmond will introduce a Bill calling for the upholding of their election promise: a referendum in Scotland on independance from the United Kingdom. The arguments are heated, both for and against, with the entire nation divided on the issue. Which is the correct path?

Position - I firmly believe Scottish Independance is the way forward.

Open to anyone, preferably another Scot though.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Topic AID

Details: Quite possibly anything related to AID. "What is best? long turm- or short turm aid investment", "NGO's Vs. INGO/IGO's", "aid workers career: experience Vs. education Vs. networking", or anything you find interesting to debate

Position: Pro long turm, Pro- INGO/IGO, Pro- experience and education. I'm not necessarsly going to wage a war on you position and can also just debate to open up this closed thema.

PM if you have any questions.

Regards,

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Indefinitely Banned

Topic: Is Hunting in general ethical?

Details - Is Hunting animals of any kind, for food, or whatever it may be, ethical?
    Position - I firmly believe it is.

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Topic: The Holodomor - Genocide, or a colossal accident?
    Detail: A number of countries across the world, including the USA officially consider the Ukrainian famine of the 1930s a genuine attempt at genocide - in that the Soviet regime selectively sought to eliminate the Ukrainian race.
    Position: I believe the Holodomor was not an act of Genocide, and furthermore its impact has been grossly exaggerated.

PM me plx.

Indefinitely Banned

Topic: Death Penalty

Details - Is it ethical to execute prisoners today or even worth it in general?
    Position - I firmly believe it is.

Indefinitely Banned

Topic: Should Funding be cut for HIV/AIDS research?

Details - Is it even logical to spend money on research instead of prevention since it is easily prevented?
    Position - I firmly believe it is reasonable to cut funding.

Civitate

Again if you seek to respond to or accept a challenge, then you should PM the person involved and open a thread etc. Do NOT respond in this thread.
    Last edited by Каие; September 07, 2010 at 06:36 PM.

Topic: The Georgian Crisis
    Detail: The crisis in Georgia saw conventional combat between Russian and Georgian units as well massive propaganda campaigns.
    My position: I maintain that Georgia was the aggressor, and that the Russian response was legitimate and reasonable.

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Topic title; Compulsory Military Service
    Details; Well, pretty much a debate about compulsory military service, is good or is it bad, positives vs. negatives, drawbacks vs. advantages and so on.
    Position; I'm for compulsory military service.

Bring it on...
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Ariovistus Maximus's Avatar Troll Whisperer

Due to an untimely forfeiture in the Freedom of Speech debate, I am looking for another opponent. Of course, should my honorable opponent change his mind, then you'll have to find someone else.

I'm sure that most, if not all of us, support freedom of expression. It is a fundamental element of human freedom. But freedom, of natural necessity, has limits. To what extent should people be able to express themselves? Should this freedom extend to repulsive, discriminatory, and even blatantly false opinions? If these are to be forbidden, who decides whether an opinion is legal or not, and how do they reach this decision?

We have all seen the extremes. On the one hand history shows brutal police states, where dissent is forbidden and people must choose their words carefully. On the other hand, we also have seen those who abuse others with their rights, take the most extreme and unsupportable opinions, and provoke their fellow men.

Where do we draw the line? Is there a line at all?

My position is that of complete freedom from restraint, on principle.
    Land of the Free! Home of the

Topic: Should the sentencing for non-violent crimes be much more lenient?
    Details: It's a very controversial issue, and should crimes that are non-violent in nature have a decrease in jail penalty or less severity on sentences?
    Position:I am for the leniency of sentencing for non-violent crimes.

Topic: Should there be ANY mandatory minimum sentences?
    Details: The mandatory minimum sentences are sentences that are mandatory to give on the ones who break laws.
    Position:I believe that mandatory minimum sentences lower the discretion of the judge, so I am against.
    Last edited by Каие; September 07, 2010 at 06:38 PM.

I may as well try this out.

I would like to challenge anyone on one of the following:
    The role of religion in schools or should the USA spend so much money in military spending or what to do with Iran or that nulcear weapons are or aren't obsolete.
    TOPIC: Role Of Religion In Western Education Systems.
    DETAILS: Different schools teach different things in regards to religion.
    POSITION: I believe that schools should teach about all the major religions today + atheism, their role in society and history and inform kiddies about the different belief systems to help kids make their own choice.

TOPIC: USA Military Spending In Comparison to The Rest Of The World.
    DETAILS: At present, the USA accounts for roughly 41% of military spending in the world, yet has roughly 5% of the world's population.
    POSITION: I believe this level of expenditure is justified and that the US deserves to be in this position.

TOPIC: What Should Be Done With Iran?
    DETAILS: Iran is classified as a rogue state and has made clear it's hate for Israel, the West and the UN fear that Iran is developing nuclear weapons, which may cause a 2nd Holocaust and/or a Middle-East arms race.
    POSITION: I believe that the USA and her allies should covertly destroy/steal any nukes held by Iran and that the West and their supporters should help de-stabilise the Tehran regime.

TOPIC: Should Nuclear Weapons Be Forbidden
    DETAILS: The world posses countless nuclear weapons and that an increasing amount of nations are either obtaining them or are planning to. Not all nations are stable and cool-heaed.
    POSITION: I believe that nuclear weapons shouldn't be banned, merely their use should be placed to a handful of responsible powers.
    Why is it that certain people think they're above criticism and satire?

1- Topic: Was the invasion of Iraq justified?
    Position: Yes, although there were no supposed WMD's it was better for everyone except baddies.

2- Topic: Should have the US stayed in Iraq until a proper governement as formed and the country stabilized
    Position: Yes, they left it way to open so foreign terror cells can just swoop in, but i do understand their difficultys.

Please contradict my positions and get ready to get powned PM me

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”