Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: PREVIEW: Battle for the Baltic v2.0

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: PREVIEW: Battle for the Baltic v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer Merlox View Post
    Ask them to possibly merge with your mod? Make a super baltic mod?
    They're only making a map, not a mod

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

+rep for CC. My life would be void without you (along with PB and KK ofc..)..

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastPrivate View Post
    +rep for CC. My life would be void without you (along with PB and KK ofc..)..
    I'm flattered...but spoken for

I repped you too for being cool. and hey! you go another crown!

why does this mod have battle of baltics name.. while there is only one nation that is near baltic that is playable.. and that is lithuania.. while all your mod does is buffing novgorod.. ill take you from rusia.. and thats fine.. but in the end.. doesnt buffing one faction while leaving another 5 around them nerfed.. spoil whole gameplay.. if you added some armor upgrades for lithuania ( which is sadly lacking a lot ) it would be cool..

Quote Originally Posted by Smikis View Post
    why does this mod have battle of baltics name.. while there is only one nation that is near baltic that is playable.. and that is lithuania.. while all your mod does is buffing novgorod.. ill take you from rusia.. and thats fine.. but in the end.. doesnt buffing one faction while leaving another 5 around them nerfed.. spoil whole gameplay.. if you added some armor upgrades for lithuania ( which is sadly lacking a lot ) it would be cool..
    Actually I'm Australian. I'm just a Russian history buff

This submod is called Battle for the Baltic because version 1 included new rosters for both Novgorod and the Teutonic Order. It came about because I had done a new Novgorod roster and Firebat11 had done a new Teutonic Order roster. Seeing as historically these two factions did fight, we decided to merge our submods into one...and Battle for the Baltic was born. New units for Lithuania weren't necessary because SS includes the Lithuanian units by Mad_Tao and his team which gives Lithuania a much, much stronger roster than the vanilla units. And it doesn't "spoil the whole gameplay", as you put it. Quite the opposite in fact. The changes we made to the rosters were not balance-breaking. Try it out if you dont believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Actually I'm Australian. I'm just a Russian history buff

This submod is called Battle for the Baltic because version 1 included new rosters for both Novgorod and the Teutonic Order. It came about because I had done a new Novgorod roster and Firebat11 had done a new Teutonic Order roster. Seeing as historically these two factions did fight, we decided to merge our submods into one...and Battle for the Baltic was born. New units for Lithuania weren't necessary because SS includes the Lithuanian units by Mad_Tao and his team which gives Lithuania a much, much stronger roster than the vanilla units. And it doesn't "spoil the whole gameplay", as you put it. Quite the opposite in fact. The changes we made to the rosters were not balance-breaking. Try it out if you dont believe me.

nothing good comes from rusia.. and lithuania history is so much better..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Duchy_of_Lithuania

once upon a time.. we were great nation

nothing good comes from rusia.. and lithuania history is so much better..
    Please just stop this disgusting nationalism...

BTW something very good comes from russia...Rusichi Total war

The new version is just released!

@ CC

With all this marvelous new Rusichi units your new campaign will just be awesome. Keep up this promising work...
    Last edited by julianus apostata; March 11, 2009 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus apostata View Post
    Please just stop this disgusting nationalism...

BTW something very good comes from russia...Rusichi Total war

The new version is just released!
    Indeed it has. Which means that work on this mod can continue...once I get home and find some time to work on this mod

But the units stats of most russian cavalery are just...let´s say to high.

Have a look on those marvelous mongols...epic...

I think once this will be finished, it will become my favorite scenario...just love the region and all this differnt factions...and please make it compatible with byg IV.

I could do some more detailed unit description for the rus faction e.g...if this helps and is appreciate...the descripions of the just released english version are just often laconic.
    Last edited by julianus apostata; March 11, 2009 at 07:25 PM.

I'm not using the stats or descriptions that Rusichi uses. Just their models and textures.

The Colonel's Avatar Biarchus

just when someone managed to merge battle for the baltic and cbur, can the new bftb be made to work with cbur too?

Quote Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
    just when someone managed to merge battle for the baltic and cbur, can the new bftb be made to work with cbur too?
    A version of BftB 2.0 will be released for the RR/RC which includes CBUR. And anyway by the time this submod is released, the new version of 6.2 should be out which will include CBUR.

Does this mod run independently or is it an over write for SS6.1

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    Does this mod run independently or is it an over write for SS6.1
    It doesn't run at all yet because it isn't finished

Everything in the submods forum is for SS...with the possible exception of Crimson Tide.

Any plans for a stand alone (vannila teutonic campaign) version? Cause I'll pick that up pronto

"Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?"Pope Julius III
    Want to add your own mercenaries? Read my Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by impspy View Post
    Any plans for a stand alone (vannila teutonic campaign) version? Cause I'll pick that up pronto
    No sorry I dont have any plans to do that.

Updated the first post with new screenshots of Heavy Boyars and Sulitsi cavalry.

The new units look amazing!

any chance that you might look over lithuanian units.. or ask mad_tao to do so, to include additional upgrades both in visual and in actual armor upgrades..

most lithuanian units have 1 or 0 upgrades.. 0 have 2.. and 90% if not 100% of those upgradeable units doesn't have second skin to go with.. at least first tier units could use new skins.. as they aint eyecandy as t3/t4 units