Thread: Wrath of the Norsemen

Default Wrath of the Norsemen

Before I begin, i will ask the reader the following:

1. English is not my first language, and somehow my "word corrector" is broken.
    2. The story itself will develop who knows how!
    3. Be patient with my bad way of editing the post, 'cause i'm not very good at doing fancy posts.
    4. And most important. Enjoy.

The Plot of my AAR is considered from a viewpoint of a Norse historian, yet to be unveiled who this person is. Bloodthirsty and cunning this writer is, and very wanting. So expect his personal ideas attached to the story.

Dificulty: VH/VH
    Faction: Riki Norverg
    DLV version: 6.0

Field & Settlement costs: On
    Point system: On
    AI garrison: On

Years have passed since the great days of the vikings.
    With the arrival of christianity, our beliefs have changed, and thus, our ways. We don’t believe in the old gods, not any more. We don’t feast after a battle, won or lost, to celebrate the arrival of our fallen bretheren to valhalla.
    Now, we sit... altohough we also yern, to get those not forgoten days back to us. Christendom brought peace and humility, but now, hope rises.
    We Norse, are know for our kwnoledge of sailing, and thus we herd of a new weapon of cristendom: The Crusades. We were happy to ambrace our faith and to quell our bloodlust.
    In secret we all thanks the great Alexios I, for asking Pope Urban for help.

Now, the wrath of the norsemen is about to be unleashed, yet once more.

Chapter One: The Rulling of Konungr Haakon, the Wise
    The News.

A sturdy fleet of mighty longboats breaks the clean surface of the sea, and just in the horizon one can see Oslo, the migthy capital of the Norsemen, the seat of power of Konungr Haakon, the all knowing and wise. -May odi... I mean Jesus, guard his side-.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Stern Arriving to Oslo's port
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finally arriving at port Admiral Stern, a fine oficer of the Norse, jumps hurridly to the port and rushes to get an audience with the Konungr. Withe little else to do and bored to death, the Wise accepts his servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dialogue between Konungr Haakon and Admiral Stern

Vs.

The Konungr: "Tell me of your findings quickly, I must attend other isues."
    The Admiral:"Aye my Konungr, your wisdom shall be for..." (Haakon interruputs, -as the fine king he is-)
    The Konungr: "Alas! hurry, i don't have all day to hear your praises, quick you fool!"
    The Admiral:"Yes lord, (hesitates) I've... I think I found what we where looking for."
    The Konungr:"Really? and what, my dear admiral would that be?"
    The Admiral: "Well, the excuse!, the weapon, now we can begin to conquer and to attack towns an raid villages!"
    The Konungr:"First of all Stern, stay at your place, you are not king of the Norsmen, Now Explain yourself!" -all i can imagine is the glee in the eyes of king!-
    The Admiral: "Alexios I King of Basilea ton Romaion, asked pope urban an army to fight the muslims, and he accepted it!, a war was unleashed and was pathom under the idea of defence of christianity!"
    The Konungr:"You are dismissed you were wise to bring this to me"

Inmediatly the Konungr, made a summon to his son and heir, he was to take the army to conquer the city of Stokholm, filled with vicious "pagans" and "heathens", of course.
    Therefore Magnus, join his army with Admiral Stern and so they both departed to the city of Stokholm. For Ruin and Death, for Glory, and "Jesus".

The Gears of war.

Soon after the departure of his son, the wise Konungr, sent a spy to scout the area, He soon found out about the desperate measures the "heathens" were prepearing.
    the city itself was well protected with local militia, a fort was erected to provide a local area where to flee in case of an ill battle. And a patrolling army fit for the Norse wolves. Realising the trap that Magnus was being sent to, he decided to go to the coast and warn him of the peril he was at.

Quote Originally Posted by Notification of the Scout to Magnus

When warned of the peril, Magnus took a blitz desition: "we need a fortification, and we need it now!" With the town of Kalmar nearby, Magnus decided that a good plan was to take the city by force -then again this town was swarming with pagans, and if not, they would be turned into pagans-. And so The siege of Kalmar began.
    With the siege going a runner left the city and warned a rebelious lord about the siege, how came to the aid of the city.

To Kalmar!

When the siege engines were ready, and an absent rebel general with reinforcements, Magnus launched to siege. Rams, Siege towers and plenty of proyectile units. Some "old-stiled" raiders went to the front carring the panoply of war.near the gate with the ram, the defenders had no better idea than to open the door to kill the ones carrying the ram. -what an obscure idea of defence this peopled had, thanks to God we layed siege first and not those weaklins of the Riki Daunmark.- This opened the oportinuty to Magnus to lauch the cavalry in full charge, so they went, with tight grip on the spear, and a lust, from past ages, began to run in their veins. The enemy was vanquished in a wink. And so the defenders lost the gate.
    Norsemen came in like a relentless wave. Hacking and slashing their way thru the defenders, till they realised there where none left.
    The battle itelf lasted a few minutes. The odds where similar, but the Norsemen, had awakend their bloodlust once again. Never again would they silence it. Never.
    For Ruin and Death, for Glory, and Jesu! they cried once the city was left for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Screens from the Assault of Kalmar
    So, came Eric.
    Eric, the rebel lord watch from the mountainside the fires of Kalmar, although everything seemed normal, he new in his heart that his settlement had fallen to de norweingans. So he took his army to lay and planted them in front of kalmar, not sieging it, but calling Magnus to a fight. Magnus, knew what needed to be done. So he took all of his men, to war...
    The battle was very bloody, from the begining the enemy charged to Magnuses spears. While Lord Eric flanked Magnus archers, Magnus Flakned his. Eye for an eye. To change the tide, Magnus took a dificult decision: a full charge to Eric's spearmen aligned near his archers, This way if he succeded he could rout half of Eric's army in one swift blow. And so he charged.
    It was glorious, the charge was effortless, the rebels lifeless body flew through the air, while the ones further away saw this grim act taking place. Therefore, the rebel archer so fit to rout in dispair. With half his army gone and the other half on it's way, Eric attacked the core of Magnus army with a pitifull charge, where he was strucked by a spear to his heart, falling to the ground, like the rebel he was. Dust to dust, only great kings are allowed to perform brilliantly in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Battle against Eric Screens
    The Fall of Magnus

After taking Kalmar and resuplying, Magnus takes his army by sea to his objective: Stokholm.While the enemy general is on the farside of the province Magnus takes his oportunity and siges the town. armed with courage the men get easyly past the denfeders, and Magnus as the viking blood he has, carries out the final charge. Before they could take out the crosbowmen, they manage to fire. And one of the arrows penetrates Magnus plate and severs the spine, killing him instantly. Even though the defenders killed the viking general, the army rose in anger to slay everyone, thus exterminating the population in a signal of revenge.

Rest in Peace, My general.

Quote Originally Posted by the death of Magnus
    There goes nothing.

After the death of Magnus and capture of Stokholm, the remaining Norsemen stood their ground to the stout army of the blasphemous rebel general Peter. With no luck whatsoever all their siege weapons arrived safetly to the walls, where the blood ran in rivers. Little could to the remaining defenders. For the enemy although a pervert who loves childs, knows the art of commanding men. A stinging defeat surge that day. The whole norse army was routed and Stokholm, therefore, lost.

Quote Originally Posted by When a battle goes Ill

Konungr Haakon get the ill news.

While studing a report from Gardar, the Konungr, was interruptid by the sudden entrance of a messenger bearing the news of the death of Magnus. "Ill news inded, maybe God does not like the idea of the "resurge" of the vikings" he thought. grieving a little he cold his other son, Jon to leave at once to command his dead brother's armies.
    While Jon was getting ready, a noble came to see his Konungr, and see if he would take him as a part of the family to sustain the weakened bloodline. Therefore Harald Raefillsson also joined the family.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Family

"Now, where IS, that army?"

Jon arrives to the coast of Stokholm to find the city in ruins and in control of the rebels. To make thing worst The Konungr is having a lot a problems at te treasury. So in order to cut off innesesary costs, Jon redeploys to Kalmar where Harald is governing. And retrieve the spy left after the lost of Stockholm. To make matters a little bit more desperate, the armies of Riki Daunmark look with greedy eyes the city of Kalmar and the castle of Oslo. Is but a matter of time for their attack.
    Once everything is in place The Konungr begins to ask for help to the nobles, they, say they will help, granting him with an army, Only if the little wooden castle of visby is taken.
    Therefore, Jon is aopointed with the task, to gather an army, with no money, take both settlements (Stockholm andVisby) and pacify the nobels.

To the nobels go the spoils.

Jon, turned 22, and the lords idea of visby sunk to the sea as Frederick I sunk on that river... Not very pleased they where, so they sent Admiral Stern to block Bremen's port. Meanwhile, the little resources that the kingdom was generating was invested in more ways to generate money, thus, Jon was left out, with no armies, and no education. Thanks to harald the economy has been steadily improving, but the Konungr sees that every coin gathered goes directly to banquets, hunts, and sensless thinking, just to keep the fast bastards happy. Anyhow, he knows that in return they will grant him 5000 florins for blocking Bremen's port. Thus 4000 against 5000 equals a revenue of one thousand florins, the machinery starts to move better, The Konungrs oil is a good oil.

Pirates ahoy!

Things are never easy. And they where even more dificult for the norsemen. After blocking Bremen and gathering a cosiderable forse, mainly of warmongering bishops. and some peasants, the fleet sets sail for Kalmar, where Harald will lead them to Stockholm. While navigating Admiral Stern sees a fleet of pirates just behind them, not attacking just taunting. Stern knows this doesn't bode well, because those pirates work as a scout, and before he knows he will be trapped with dozens of pirate ships. Praying to God, he asks for the imposible: "let the lads disembark near Kalmar" for he knows if he disembarks near Lund the Danskr would take this as an offense and take advantage of the poor situation of the Norsemen. And if the fleet is destroyed before, the troops asembled would be lost.
    Meanwhile Jon, persuaded his stepbrother to build a Scholarium, since he will be king he must not be a brutish king, as the ones of old. Thus, the one going to war will be Harald.

The Revenge of Magnus.

While going to attack the town Harald fell ill, so he was replaced in the last moment by Jon.
    Magnus
    fist came from the afterlife. Jon took the pleasure of puting Peter out. Stockholm was siezed but with a fierce fight, because the only units that Jon could muster where mainly peasants and the warring bishops.
    The Lords once more fell the need to capture the castle of Visby, a stronghold to launch attacks to the pagans of lithuania. Good idea. But the Konungr had other plans in mind.
    Moreover a new family member came to serve the Konungr. His name is Halstan Haakonsson. Son of the diseased Magnus.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Revenge
    Thorgils joins the family.

After Magnus death the Konungr took both og Magnus sons under his wing. The daugther Hallotta, was maried to Thorgils Ericcsson. A mighty norse general. The second general after Magnus. With new winds, Thorgils sets sails for Visby, the long wanted settlement by those nobels.
    In one year 2 popes died, but it troubles little our wise Konungr, because a Crusade was just achieved by the french in Cordoba. And the vikings, are too far away...

The SIege of Visby

Visby, that little wooden castle, the mana that norse noble wanted, was finally, norse.the defenders where outnumbered and with poorer quality troops, hence they perish rather quickly. Unfortunatly the same year Major (he gain a rank) Stern died out of boredom alone in the sea.
    The economy is having a harsh time. The Mines and farms are having terrible problems (imagine that since the kingdom was poor is now poorer, and the two main income areas are crippled.) The Red numbers are slowly turning into more yellow one, in hope of a recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by The Battle of Visby
    The last of the viking Konungrs

When our king reached 76 years old, the lord, took him. Now he walks in heaven, or as my heart would prefer, he drinks in vallhala with odin.

Haakon's Legacy:

• Kalmar, and Stockholm joined the empire.
    • Significantly increase in economy.
    • Militaristic King. religion was very much left aside, if it did not grant the king with weapons for the war (he built the small chaper house to get the Norse war Clerics.)
    • His borders are still quite unknown. Who knows what fantastic creatures or dangers looms in the horizon.

Last edited by Bacus; January 23, 2009 at 04:00 PM.
    Deus lo Vult Player
    AAR Writer: Wrath of the Norsemen

Lovin' cav spread

Default Re: Wrath of the Norsemen

a nice start

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

wow looks sweat! keep it going
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

So cool, I'm impressed

Thanks, i really apreciate your enthusiasm. BTW i'll try to update regularly the same post, so if u liked it check the post even if there is no new posts!!!
    Deus lo Vult Player

Lovin' cav spread

Chapter two: The reign of Konungur Jon

A new begining.

With the death of Haakon, Jon was to succed him to the throne. Winds of good omens filled the air: the mine problem, was succsesfully tackled, and the farming issue fixed. He left Kalmar and boarded the flet to go to Oslo to be crowned, when he arrived, he got news of the nobels being offended because of his late "crowning". This bodes bad for the kingdom. In order to close possible fronts, he sends his daugther to seal a trade treaty with very bad conditions (400 florins for 7 years-14 turns-) to stop the Danskr from getting too greedy.
    Afterthat he swiftly began the recruitment of a new garrison army and began to fokus on the nearby town of Bergen to attach it to the kingdom. Furthermore, he has been crowned, to quell any rebelious ideas.

The sky darkens.

The lords don't like the ruller too much, but have noticed an advansing Danksr army heading towards Oslo. Desperate, the Konungr signs an alliance with the HRE and trade rights therefore gaining 2500 florins given by the nobels, thanks to this Jon was able to recruit some peasants and a peasant archer in order to build up a bulk of people for defense.
    Meanwhile Thorgils (the "I don't like this king general") comes to the rescue. and lands it's forces near oslo to soothe the mind of the Danskr.
    Happily the nobels realise the kind of wacky plan of the Konungr in order to save the country from invaders, therefore they grant him with 20.000 florins! boasting the economy, Jon puts 3/4 of this money destined to economical improvements.while the rest for a little more defense in oslo in case rebelion finally begins.

Witch hunt!

Konungr Jon, is far more believer than his former father, he believes in Jesus Christ, and not in any other blasphemous way, thus he considers vital the idea of eliminating the herectics from his kingdom.
    He Apoints Anud Gille, and Yngwie of Bogense to this task. "To hunt and burn, all of those who desacrate the body, spirit, and ideas of Christ"

Quote Originally Posted by Dialogue betwen the to priests

VS
    Anund:"Finally, a Konungr turn his eyes towards christianity!, they have even given us resources for the mission!"
    Yngwie: "Let us pray brother, for I am still afraid that the Konungrs will never ever let go their viking roots. As the beacons of fairh we are in this forgotten land, we must press on to gain more and more followers, and to keep the faithfull aware of heretic ways."
    Anund:"Amen brother, thou are right!"
    The priest go up against two main heretics station just outside Oslo, Harald a heretic "priest" -more likely a peasant babling random words about God- and Jesper Nevjolvson the true menace of peace.

Anund first takes Harald to the dungeons where he is burnt alive accused of profanity, and blasphemy. Although poor Harald was also posesed by demons thus, "burning him" would cleanse him from the demon itself.

But Jesper is more than a tormented soul. He is a walking bastion of heresy. He boast the ideal of Christ, in the cathar fashion. so Yngwie, takes his leap of faith acusing the blasphemer of crimes against the holy chruch. And so Jesper and Harald are both burnt in the clensing fire of the dungeons.

Because of boats.

Many things are going on now on Jons rule. The nobles realized this and thus, are not offended any more, as a matter of fact they grant Jon 20.000 florins as a payment for their lack of confidence.
    Regarding the Danish, the army near oslo still stands but another went to Bergen through land, while the norse army took the boats, that way they passed the rebel army and the fort guarding the entrance to the city. While the phantom of rebelion is no more, Thorgils, still has a grudge on Jon, but things are looking brighter.
    Regarding religion, Anund had a heavy discusion with one of the battle bishops of Oslo, hence he exiled himself and turned to heretic ideals, with pain in his heart Yngwie, was sent to eliminate him.
    Jon also sent her daughter Bjorg Haakkonsson. to sign alliances with HRE, and with the Deuscheter Ritterorder. to form a noose around the Danskr's neck. further more, he arranged a marriage between a Danish general and her. They now form a beatifull couple.

Quote Originally Posted by The stolen general
    The Norse goes to war!

After the marriage had taken place, Danskr forces moved swiftly to catch up with the fleeing couple. Bjorg's Royal Escort plus Tue's loyal folowers formed up a single cohesive unit of defense. running through the woods to fight for their love.
    The Danish where cathcing up on them, arrows started to swing by them. Spearmen showed up at the end of the road, and on the side, a huge clift. The only way was to charge through the spearmen. Gainning momentum, they used all their might to cush their attackers, the Escort form a wedge in order to penetrate more the enemy formation, and to keep the royal couple alive.
    With mounstrous strength they went through. Many died that day, but in that way the life of Tue, and Bjorg was safe now. Once in safety they rode to Kalmar where Knud Haakonsson was expecting them. With war raging, they took Tue to the distant city of Berger. While Ericcsson's army was moving already to Oslo.
    War is upon us Sire!

Quote Originally Posted by Party crashers m'lord
    Duel of the fates.

Yngwine, was walking donw the road with a grim look on his face. He knew what needed to be done: to send Anund, his master, to the pire. The though of this disgusted him. While walking on a lonely road, Anund emerge from the wilderness, and faced Yngwine.

Quote Originally Posted by The dialogue of faith
    VS

Yngwine: "Master! oh please master let those heretic ideas from your head!"
    Anund: "Nonsesnse, you have not seen the reality of god, don't you understand? it is our power the idea to forgive and to serve god, not to serve our Lords, and Kings!"
    Yngwine: "Religion and politics are never together Master, you know of this."
    Anund: "Enough! they did not send you to kill me with endless bickering. Tell me why you are here or, begone!".
    Yngwine: "Please Master, I do hope you change your mind, but if you do not comply with the ideas of the church i will have no choice but to denounce you! You are warned, my master..."
    Anund: "Christ wants us to forgive, we are not supposed to folow a central ideology center such as Rome, no!, each one of us can have his own ideas, of what God tell's us."
    Yngwine. "Now, now, enough of that blasphemy of yours! we are not to question the faith of those in Rome! If all of us gave diferent ideas to the meanings of the holy book, we could all be justifying unspeacable acts! Such as the one you are now performing."
    Anund: "Oh, God, you are right, I have befallen to the ideals of individual thoughs. I am sorry Yngwine... take me....
    After a long discusion, Anund realized the mistake he was making and thus, he surrendered to Yngwine, and was taken to Oslo's dungeons where the pire, expected him. Yngwine, hence foward, had a long grieving in his heart...

Tidings from the Norse.

Yngwine, has learnt a valuable lesson, he opened an all to all war against the heretics, and many have fallen on their trials against the Church. Gaining the title of bishop Yngwine now has a plausible chance of becaming Pope.
    Meanwhile on a more "humane" area, the war still goes on. The Danish are dead afraid of leaving their borders so Ericcsson's army battles in danish soil. The first battle took place at the northern part of S
    kåne where the Danskr army was utterly vanquished. This army was made up mostly of lowly peasants.
    Following the way south, Ericcsson realises there is a trap. Lund castle is without garrison, just a few militias, but the fort to the north is heavily guarded and keeps a huge Danskr army, with unknown unit types.

Quote Originally Posted by Where to?
    To the fort!

Ericcsson, decides that the best way 'round was to take first the fort. Little did he know what waited for him there. A huge Danskr army hid in the forests waiting for him tolay siege. Since everything was in place the trap sprung. Danish armies gather south and north of the Norsemen army. And Ericcsson, being blood-driven as he was, decided to stay and take them out. Things seemed good at first, half of the southern army layed dead, while the northen army lauched sucidal charges to the Norsemen's spears. Until... in a desperate stuggle to change the tables, the southern army regroped into a massive wave of men, overwhelming the warring clerics. the infantry was unable to assist because it was being assaulted by fierce attackers from the north. And thus, both armies squished the norse in a sandwhich-like strategy. a Little later Ericcsson was broght down by an enemy huscarl.

To the Hills!

So the remnants of Ericcsson's army fleed to the boats blocking Lunds port. The future looks grim indeed. There is no army left to defend the Norse countryside. And Jon's treasury was in red. Only a miracle could save them.

Just in time.

The Pope was beginning to get the news of the war going up north. He heard, that the Danish launched assaults with witches and Heretical priests over the loyal and pious Norsemen. Although not exactly true, it was the miracle Jon was hoping for.
    In order to take away attention of the danish with the war, he desided to call for a crusade to nearby Vilnus with Yngwine. He thought that this would make the danes to take a move to improve relation with the Pope by joining the crusade. In case they did not, he order the garrison of Kalmar to gather a little more strength.
    The Danskr as stubborn as they are did not join the crusade but attacked Kalmar. things where grim indead.

For Glory, For Death and for Jesus!

So it begins the crumblin of the little norse empire. The first one to go must be Kalmar. City added by Konungr Haakon. The duty of defense fell upon the Doglingr Halstan, a town militia, and a couple of peasants crosbowmen, and some sturdy mercenary knigths and a mercenary crosbowmen.

With better units, and more of them things did not look good. In order to deal more damage to them, the Doglingr takes out the knigths and his escort to do hit and run strikes on the enemy infantry to cripple their assault posibilities.

Coming and going they stroke the enemy infantry shaking them and reducing their numbers, the sky seemed to break up and some sun seemed to lit that day. Maybe, they could win...

Noticing the cripplings attack the enemy captain lauched a premtivestrike on the cavalry with his own. Overpowered by the numbers the norse recieved many blows, but in the end came through victorious, just all because the enemy cavalry was composed of lightly armored Scouts. In desperation the enemy captain charged to the norse knights, falling in the first charge. Confusion was generalized, the mere enemy infantry left battling on the walls and gate where easily overrunned. "The enemy flees" The men where yelling in cries of happines mixed with tears for that heroic victory!.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmar is Norse!
    Ingeborg Loftsson's strike.

After the serious defeat at Kalmar the danes are still powerfull on
    Skåne, so Ingeborg, a recent addition to the Norse family -to cope with Ericcssons demise-, decides to take some mercenaries, and the whole army to lund by boat and to deal a swift strike. when he disembarks he finds a lowly army at Lund's gates. Attacking this army make the garrison at lund actually go to defend the puny army outside, Even the Danskr Konungr was in that army. In one swift charge all of the danes where dead, and the konungr captured. Even with a great army with knigths they fell to the power of the North. Lund is Viking now.
    To be continued!
    Last edited by Bacus; January 25, 2009 at 11:44 AM.
    Deus lo Vult Player

Lovin' cav spread

Really nice write-up. Norway is a tough start, you are doing well. Nice that you played through a death on the battlefield! DLV IRONMAN

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Great man, Nice country BTW. Er du også fra Norge?

Use F2 to zoom on the campaign mini map. F3 to zoom out.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

good AAR man, keep at it!!

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

@ blackleaf, i supposed u wrote down if i am a norsemen or something like it. well, thing is... i am from a place way south, from argentina actually.
    @ everyone. I am taking a work trip so expect delays.
    Deus lo Vult Player

Lovin' cav spread

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

he he. Wrath of the Norsemen is the name of our mod.

Lol sorry mate, i did not know. :S i could change the name of it if u like
    Deus lo Vult Player

Lovin' cav spread

AAR is back online!
    Deus lo Vult Player

Lovin' cav spread

Great AAR! You write really well.

Bad News:
    somehow i cannot load the save game.... expect delays in the AAR...
    Deus lo Vult Player

Lovin' cav spread

Problem fixed!
    Deus lo Vult Player

Lovin' cav spread

Great AAR! I'm really fond of your storytelling +Rep
    "I came, I saw, and I didn't believe my eyes!"