Page 9 of 357 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Deus lo Vult: Battlefield Balanced v4.36 <25/01/15>

Default Re: Battlefield Balance for DLV 6.x 12/02/09

That is a weird one, hotcobbler.....Do you have a recent save... Interesting to see what happens if you try to repeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by hotcobbler View Post
    I had a strange thing happen just now. Had a small force of about 5 units attack 1 rebel unit of longbowmen outside York. I won, with no casualties, and a "Man of the Hour" message pops up, which I had never seen before in DLV. However, I thought this might be because I recently lost 4 family members to the plague, and I've always kept my generals alive well.

As soon as I accepted him, the rebel stack dissapears, and my entire army dies, with a "Noble Death" message for the guy I just accepted. Weird.
    I posted this in the 6.0 bug report thread on the main forum:

Name of your issue (Don't be creative - be specific!)
    Generals die in their first turn.

Is issue repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue)
    It's happened with 3 characters now. One family member and two adopted.

What year are you in?

What faction do you play?
    I got this as Flanders. But it didn't happen in my Teutonic campaign.

Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!):

A new character always dies his first turn. When a boy comes of age, or I adopt a general, I just get a message that they died. And they show up in the family tree as dead!

Also, I don't here the cool war horns from earlier versions, but I think this has been reported.

UPDATE: I loaded up my Teutonic campaign and it's happening with that one too. Now I've figured out that this started happening after I installed Taiji's Battlefield Balance Mod. Pretty damn weird!

hotcobbler's Avatar Tiro

I repeated the same bug, then reloaded and did it with another captain-led army. I'm also getting some CTD issues very occasionally when clicking the building browser, but I don't know that they're related.

True wisdom is less presuming than folly. The wise man doubteth often, and changeth his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubteth not; he knoweth all things but his own ignorance. --- Pharaoh Akhenaten,
    mid 12th century.

Thank you Taiji, for the your special XBAI!

Yesterday, together with your newest release, I had one of the greatest battles (fighting 2 full stacks frenchmen, having 1 quarter stack reinforcments for me). I had more special, stronger units,but he had much more manpower. It was a close call, but I managed it. Just the way it should be...
    There was nothing really overpowered in my opinion. Included were:

longbows
    heavy cav
    pikes
    halberds
    lots of spearmen (specially the enemy)
    heavy inf

-I had the feeling that spears were overpowered so far, but now its perfect. They hold some time because of their good defense, but its just a matter of time for the swordsmen.
    -The halberds finally receive their special ability (line) they deserve!

I'll find out more this weekend.

tanks again, and keep it up man

Sounds good, hopefully I finally got time to chech this during the weekend. Tanji how about just integrating the weapon upgrade removal to this one? No offense there but this just would make things easier if they've been designed to use together. Lots of choices in DLV make the experience really tailored tho but combining when possible i.e making things easier can help you to reach wider audience

cheers,
    'R

PrivateJoh's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Raaka View Post
    Sounds good, hopefully I finally got time to chech this during the weekend. Tanji how about just integrating the weapon upgrade removal to this one? No offense there but this just would make things easier if they've been designed to use together. Lots of choices in DLV make the experience really tailored tho but combining when possible i.e making things easier can help you to reach wider audience

cheers,
    'R
    I can't only but second that .

I reckon real men (and women, let's be politically correct) play DLV VH/VH with all options on AND Taiji's files (ALL of his files). Sorry got carried away for a second there .

Cheers.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

If you're having a problem in the campaign you think is down to BB upload a savegame so I can see if it's just you or me too.

edit:

I've made the axe/mace version of the shield animation mix, seems nice.

Spear next
    Last edited by Taiji; February 13, 2009 at 06:54 AM.

http://rapidshare.com/files/19759066...mpbug.rar.html

Ok here is a save game that shows the bug. This is a fresh install of DLV 6.0, with hotfix1, and 6.1 openbeta2. On top of that is the BB mod and the war-horn mod.

Now, when in the game take a look at the family tree, there is a boy named ANTONIO MASTERPIERO, and his father is governor in Iraklion. He is 15 years old and will come of age when you hit the next turn, but for me he just turns up dead in the family tree. (I don't get a notice that he died any more, he just shows up dead).

p.s.- I wouldn't integrate the "no weapon upgrade" mod into this BB mod. My philosophy with modding is to give your players as many choices as possible.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Even stupid choices? hehe

thx for the savegame I'll check it out.

lol it calls itself rapidshare then makes me wait...

edit:

OK fixed it. Use the EDU I uploaded on first post.

Thanks for telling me about it and sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by Taiji; February 13, 2009 at 08:11 AM.

Damn it, I get a CTD. Though its probably not related to your work Taiji;

when a lonely General gets attacked and he looses (whether he dies, or flees after the battle) a CTD occurs. Anyone else experienced this?

(Battle fought automatically)

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Were you using the bugfix I just uploaded? If no then you should be.

Default Re: Battlefield Balance for DLV 6.x 13/02/09

you saved my day; it works man.
    Thanks!

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Well I did break it so I'm not sure I deserve praise for fixing it... but thanks

hotcobbler's Avatar Tiro

Awesome, gonna try it out now. Thanks for your dedication.

True wisdom is less presuming than folly. The wise man doubteth often, and changeth his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubteth not; he knoweth all things but his own ignorance. --- Pharaoh Akhenaten,
    mid 12th century.

Is compatible with the beta2?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

yep, that's what dlv 6.x means.

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Taiji,
    Did you change the costs of troops? Also, what was the reasoning behind removing the cav spread? Just wondering, not complaining.

Cheers
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Yep costs ripped from Europa.

From a design perspective cav-spread is crap, it's like trying to build a house with bricks made of jelly. I care more about making a good game than a little bit of eye-candy and anyway in this respect cav spread is a little realistic and a lot unrealistic.

If you like it enough to sacrifice the game on an altar to it then feel free to ignore my work, I will be honored
    Last edited by Taiji; February 13, 2009 at 12:27 PM.

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

I was not tearing down your work. Just asking. I like what you have done. Cav is more exposed once in combat with a spear/pike. Cav if standing in combat doesn't last long. I lost English knights pretty quick to Sgt. spearmen(1v1 custom)
    I am hella impressed with the new shield animation. My hat is off for that. Great work
    Last edited by Omar Nelson B.; February 13, 2009 at 12:57 PM.
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Any requests for good axe/sword/mace/spear and shield units that should have this new shield blocking animation?

Bear in mind that this animation makes the unit stronger so I won't use it for any low class units.

If you don't know what I am talking about then read the thread or ignore this request, don't ask. (god I'm mardy today lol)

@Omar, Actually I did read your post - you asked for my reasoning and I gave it. There's no need to be defensive, I did not presume you were criticising my work

Thanks for letting me know that you like what I'm doing recently, I appreciate it
    Last edited by Taiji; February 13, 2009 at 12:51 PM.