Page 55 of 357 FirstFirst ... 53045464748495051525354555657585960616263646580105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 7124

Thread: Deus lo Vult: Battlefield Balanced v4.36 <25/01/15>

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Default Re: 23/07/09 - Battlefield Balance for DLV 6.x

Raum ul Amon, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated

Brips, did you try fighting it twice? I wonder why it would be consistantly bugged for you but working fine for me... Either way, thankyou for raising it and thanks for the savegame. I'll keep an eye out for similar behaviour.

Agis Tournas, Yeah sure, I'll stick it in the next update and thankyou very much

Hi Taiji, in the export_descr_unit text Venice and Milan have ownership of these units. In Custom Battles they have peasant unit cards.

Venice:
    Famiglia Ducale
    Genoese Crossbow Militia
    Genoese Crossbowmen

Genoese:
    Venetian Archers
    Venetian Heavy Infantry

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

I think the Scottish are too strong. Each campaign I've plaid, they ed the British... In reality, they're less powerfull than them. That's not a matter, but if it's with each campaign, we got a problem...
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    Brips, did you try fighting it twice? I wonder why it would be consistantly bugged for you but working fine for me... Either way, thankyou for raising it and thanks for the savegame. I'll keep an eye out for similar behaviour.
    I get a similar problem:
    When I took London (after this damn Dark Age), their reinforcements stayed at the gates and didn't attacked me inside the city (yes, I succeed to penetrate the city before the reinforcement because their King was killed by my brave knights)...
    Luck? I think, when I do the same siege battle for the second time, I have no bugs like that.

Cheeeeeers

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Baron von Manteuffel, not any more they don't, you're right that they used to but looking the most recent update it seems I have remembered to correct it at long last. (thanks to grimblade )

Brips, if that battle does go the same way after reloading it please upload a save for it. I have heard of this issue before and would really like to try to do something to affect it if it proves to be a consistant problem. Consistant problems are so much easier than intermittant ones to resolve.

Tiro

I'm playing BYZ with "Character based recruitment script" turned on, but despite that any general isn't present in the castle I can still recruit Pronoiarii (always) and from time to time Cavalarii (sometimes unit card just shows up in recruitment pool and next turn it vanishes).

Also, I think that AI can't handle well with this "Character based recruitment script". AI armies I'm facing are mainly infantry and it's rare to see some good cavalary units in there.
    Last edited by Slon80; July 25, 2009 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slon80 View Post
    AI armies I'm facing are mainly infantry and it's rare to see some good cavalary units in there.
    True. Cavalry and missiles are rare after many turns.

BUG==>The upgrade of templar major house to headquarter doesn't work, I clicked "yes" and I paid nothing and no new settlement...
    Last edited by Brips; July 25, 2009 at 01:07 PM.

Baron von Manteuffel, not any more they don't, you're right that they used to but looking the most recent update it seems I have remembered to correct it at long last. (thanks to grimblade )

Brips, if that battle does go the same way after reloading it please upload a save for it. I have heard of this issue before and would really like to try to do something to affect it if it proves to be a consistant problem. Consistant problems are so much easier than intermittant ones to resolve.
    I just re-installed a couple of days ago and the update from Filefront was modified 6/27/2009. Is there a more recent one than that?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

On the first post you'll find the update. I put the main package on filefront but updates are always on the first page, at the bottom of the changelist along with the most recent entry.

Slon80 and Brips, too much melee infantry and not enough missile or cav. I'll look into it, I wonder what it will take to fix this. I know that CAI affects unit build peferances, but the same settings affect other things at the same time (like constructing buildings in settlements) so that seems a messy way to proceed. I also know that availability can be adjusted to force the AI to build the right troops, as far as I understand it this relies on the AI having nothing else to produce besides the unit that is desired. There is also the 'recruit_priority_offset' line in the unit entries in the EDU which seems to have no discernable effect so far. So basically, bleh! Horrible task to think about. But thanks for mentioning it and I'll keep an eye out for a solution.

Brips, about the templar HQ... I have no idea why that wouldn't work. I don't really know anything about buildings beyond EDB and that seems to be fine.
    Last edited by Taiji; July 25, 2009 at 05:40 PM.

Tiro

Horrible task to think about.
    Last thing I would think of is to make your marvelous work boring
    Seriously, I just want to ask about this army composition (no cav etc.). Is it the same when you don't play with "Character based recruitment script" ?

BTW I'm holding 51 provinces right now and I'm so close to win my first TW game (only 24 provinces to take) so mr Taiji don't You even think of making something that is save not compatible
    Last edited by Slon80; July 26, 2009 at 01:00 AM.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

I think that 'Character based recruitment script' only affects the player, so it should not affect AI army composition at all.

From the sounds of your progress you're describing the end game army composition. Very interesting indeed. Plus I assume that with 51 provinces you have subdued and now border plenty of AI factions.

At the moment the only solution I can see to this situation is to slow the recharge time for all recruit pools and come up with a system that staggers their timing so that different units become available at different rythms. I figure the AI needs options taking away in order to produce a more balanced army composition. If it always has the option to produce heavy infantry then it seems to take it. I think this might be one of the main principles that makes Point Blank's RR system so effective.
    Last edited by Taiji; July 26, 2009 at 06:01 PM.

Rebel Silver Surfer unit: Gotland Footmen (Hirdmen) @ Visby. I have the latest update.

how am i supposed to install the mod?
    install BB2.2 and the last data-rar?
    or just install the last data-rar?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Baron von Manteuffel, I can fix that one of 2 ways. Way 1 would be to remove them, this seems the most obvious. Way 2 is to edit the battle_models entry so that rebels can use the norway textures since there are no rebel textures for this unit. I'm tempted to do 'way 2' but then it begs the question why this isn't done for all units, the main benefit being that when an army goes rebel, the units that are not set up to be rebels will just disappear. Sounds cool to keep them around... but it would take a load of work in battle_models.modedb I think I'll just remove them. Thanks for pointing it out

edit: I decided that being lazy about doing the whole thing was OK but there's no reason to shirk doing one. I'll set them up for rebels using norway's textures. As for the odd situation of having rebels in rebel clothes next to gotland footment in their norwegian uniforms, I don't care.

"Oh no, we can't rebel until our 'rebel' clothes arrive!" - I doubt this was really a consideration for prospective rebels in these times.

Mac-Picsou, install bb2.2 then the data.rar. BB2.2 is the main part of the mod and data.rar is it's update/patch.
    Last edited by Taiji; July 27, 2009 at 06:28 AM.

Playing as The Teutonic Order I Crusaded to Cairo and fought a battle just outside the city. I destroyed 2 Egyptian armies and captured Cairo which ended that crusade, but as the end of turn finished I had a CTD. Here's the log:

13:45:08.976 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    13:45:08.984 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    13:45:08.987 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    13:45:08.988 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    13:45:08.989 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    13:45:08.989 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    13:45:08.990 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    13:45:08.990 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    13:45:13.475 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/DLV_ext/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 15207, column 46
    trigger not found
    13:55:14.480 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 54298, in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit21'.
    13:55:14.480 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 54298, in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit23'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit25'.
    13:55:14.481 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 54298, in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit27'.
    13:55:14.481 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 54298, in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit29'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit31'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit33'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit35'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit37'.
    13:56:14.419 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <unit_deploy_stakes>, at line 54305, in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'unit_deploy_stakes': unit 'General2' does not have the stakes ability.
    13:56:14.419 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <unit_deploy_stakes>, at line 54306, in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'unit_deploy_stakes': invalid unit label 'unit21'.
    13:56:14.419 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <unit_deploy_stakes>, at line 54307, in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'unit_deploy_stakes': invalid unit label 'unit23'.
    13:56:14.419 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <unit_deploy_stakes>, at line 54308, in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'unit_deploy_stakes': invalid unit label 'unit25'.
    13:56:14.419 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <unit_deploy_stakes>, at line 54309, in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'unit_deploy_stakes': invalid unit label 'unit27'.
    13:56:14.419 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <unit_deploy_stakes>, at line 54310, in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'unit_deploy_stakes': invalid unit label 'unit29'.
    13:56:14.420 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <unit_deploy_stakes>, at line 54311, in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'unit_deploy_stakes': invalid unit label 'unit31'.
    13:56:14.420 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <unit_deploy_stakes>, at line 54312, in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'unit_deploy_stakes': invalid unit label 'unit33'.
    13:56:14.420 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <unit_deploy_stakes>, at line 54313, in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'unit_deploy_stakes': invalid unit label 'unit35'.
    13:56:14.420 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <unit_deploy_stakes>, at line 54314, in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Historical_Campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'unit_deploy_stakes': invalid unit label 'unit37'.
    14:08:00.741 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <0053_P_General_Takes_Crusade_Target>
    : <army> is unavailable from event <GeneralTakesCrusadeTarget>
    14:08:15.317 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

That log says nothing about whatever problem may have caused the CTD.

Considering what had just happened it could be down to many many things, faction standings, papal reputation, traits, etc. I really have no idea how to tackle an issue like that

That log says nothing about whatever problem may have caused the CTD.

Considering what had just happened it could be down to many many things, faction standings, papal reputation, traits, etc. I really have no idea how to tackle an issue like that
    Thanks for the quick reply. I was able to reload the campaign, re-fight the battle, and get past the CTD. I also have no idea what may have caused it. Having a great campaign by the way, thanks.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

One thing that might help if it's possible... I can't seem to remember if it is possible Anyway the thing is that I think you can save during the AI turns. So you can fight the battle in their turn and then save it immediately after (during another AI faction's turn) if you do not want to run the risk of having to fight it again. I suppose that doing this might create a save which always leads to the CTD but perhaps not. Just an idea anyway

Very glad to hear you are enjoying your campaign

La Bestia Von Garlet's Avatar Tiro

Thank you for a new version of you mini mod Taiji mate!

It's been a while for me since I last played DLV and entered the forum, but for me is always a pleasure to see that this great community is still so active.

Regards

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Hiya La Bestia, thanks for the support