Page 354 of 357 FirstFirst ... 254304329344345346347348349350351352353354355356357 LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,080 of 7124

Thread: Deus lo Vult: Battlefield Balanced v4.36 <25/01/15>

Default Re: Deus lo Vult: Battlefield Balanced v4.36 <25/01/15>

Why Poland have modern coat of arms?

How do I recruit units, how do I even play this?

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

You need military/government points for production. Look it up in the handbook. The system seems to be a pretty slow and confusing approach to introducing RP features, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    You need military/government points for production. Look it up in the handbook. The system seems to be a pretty slow and confusing approach to introducing RP features, though.
    But could I just somehow remove it?

I would still like to thank all those who have contributed to this wonderful mod.
    I am Italian and after solving the ctd problem etc...I'm making minor changes to make the game more enjoyable. Among these changes there are some text files that
    I have translated into Italian, if anyone can be useful I will publish them:

- diplomacy.txt
    - event_strings.txt
    - export_ancillaries.txt
    - export_VnVs.txt
    - menu_english.txt
    - shared.txt
    - strat.txt

I wanted to ask if anyone knows if it is possible to add bowstring to some archers, I have seen various twcenter tutorials but I have not been able to make the necessary changes. I have Milkshape and if anyone can explain to me the necessary steps I would be eternally grateful. Thanks

Default Re: Battlefield Balance for DLV 6.0 - 19/01/09

I have DLV 6.2. I am trying to follow the instructions but its confusing to me. I don't have a whole lot of experience on here and could use some help installing if that possible

"If you already have DLV installed then delete/rename the 'DLV_ext' folder in the game-folder's 'mod' folder first."

How do I rename a folder that has been deleted? sorry for my ignorance.
    And im assuming in the game folder it means med 2 correct?

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by MikePaul212121 View Post
    I have DLV 6.2. I am trying to follow the instructions but its confusing to me. I don't have a whole lot of experience on here and could use some help installing if that possible

"If you already have DLV installed then delete/rename the 'DLV_ext' folder in the game-folder's 'mod' folder first."

How do I rename a folder that has been deleted? sorry for my ignorance.
    And im assuming in the game folder it means med 2 correct?
    The "BB full mod" comes with DLV 6.2 included, so you don't need your older install of DLV. Thats how I understood it.
    Last edited by swissdragon; April 28, 2020 at 11:06 AM.

I used to play "vanilla" DLV and wanted to test DLV BB. I used to play DLV a few years ago untill I reinstalled it recently, when I started a new game I had the opportunity to recruit units at the beginning of the second turn. Now, with BB, I waited till the second turn and the units appeared BUT in some cases I have to wait 24 turns and in other cases its around 11 turns. Did I miss sth regarding military points? I guess its not because of the numbers of twons/castles because when I reached the limit at vanilla DLV the military units just disappeared untill someone declared war on me - and vice versa- or I conquered a new town/castle. Started a new campaign as England and there wouldnt be any chance to conquer a new settlement except i would overstretch my lines and pull the few troops out of caen leaving it defenceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheinländer View Post
    I used to play "vanilla" DLV and wanted to test DLV BB. I used to play DLV a few years ago untill I reinstalled it recently, when I started a new game I had the opportunity to recruit units at the beginning of the second turn. Now, with BB, I waited till the second turn and the units appeared BUT in some cases I have to wait 24 turns and in other cases its around 11 turns. Did I miss sth regarding military points? I guess its not because of the numbers of twons/castles because when I reached the limit at vanilla DLV the military units just disappeared untill someone declared war on me - and vice versa- or I conquered a new town/castle. Started a new campaign as England and there wouldnt be any chance to conquer a new settlement except i would overstretch my lines and pull the few troops out of caen leaving it defenceless.
    NVM, I restarted the game and after loading the save game, I was able to manage the defence invest. Sorry for the duoble post, cant edit my posts till I'm registered for a week or having 25 posts.

Hello, i will try to explain how to install this mod if you in need of help on how to install with steam definitive edition version of the game:

1. Make a copy of medieval2.exe located in steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War and rename the copy to kingdoms.exe

2. Extract the mod files as administrator from DLVBBv4.35.exe, after extraction you will see data DLV_ext and mods folder, copy DLV_ext and paste into mods folder don't overwrite the files if asked, copy data folder and paste into mods/DLV_ext folder, don't overwrite the files if asked, delete data and DLV_ext folder you extracted from DLVBBv4.35.exe only keep the mods folder.

3. Extract the mod files as administrator from DLVBBv4.36_Update.exe, after extraction you will see data folder and Launch_DLV_BB.bat, cut both and paste into mods\DLV_ext folder and overwrite everything.

4. copy the mods folder into your game directory steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War

5. open DLV_ext in mods folder and run adapt.bat as admin

6. run adapt_sound_english.bat as admin, if you don't play the game in english run the adapt_sound_nonenglish.bat instead

7. make a shortcut of Launch_DLV_BB.bat to desktop it will be the game launcher, dont run the game from steam, run the Launch_DLV_BB.bat instead

8. all done! the game starts and enjoy this great mod

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Hi just_a_peasant, I just quoted your post into the install instructions in the original post. Thanks for making the effort. Glad to hear you've enjoyed the mod.

edit:

I just bought it on steam and checked; it didn't work. Oh well, nevermind.

edit:

I got it working, to some degree, by changing the .bat to point at the medieval2.exe, but the game is just unpleasant to play. For some reason something weird is happening with the mouse pointer. Directing an army to move somewhere, or even selecting the army, is suddenly unintuitive.

I also noticed that I destroyed the menu UI a bit with the last update, at least I assume I did - Haven't checked on the non-steam version but it should be the same.

Anyway, I wonder if there is a fix for the mouse cursor issue. It's bad enough coming from 3 Kingdoms to M2TW's UI, but to have to deal with it being even worse... I lack the fortitude.
    Last edited by Taiji; April 05, 2021 at 01:55 PM.

Game works for me, mouse pointer is fine and ui is transparent in lower painel in battle map but ain't supose to look like that? I'm playing with Portugal campaingn no crash on windows 10

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_peasant View Post
    Game works for me, mouse pointer is fine and ui is transparent in lower painel in battle map but ain't supose to look like that? I'm playing with Portugal campaingn no crash on windows 10
    Apologies - I skipped step 1 by mistake!

You are, as you know, correct: The mod works fine as long as the .exe is renamed and the rest of your steps are followed.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Damn. That looks like the battle AI script failed utterly in that battle. Thankyou for bringing it to my attention.

It's been such a long time since I created the script. Hopefully I will be able to work out why it failed there.

Again, thank you.

Edit:

Encountered the same problem when I tested it.

Anyway I fixed it.. Maybe.. They butchered me (on 6x battle speed) as soon as they felt they weren't winning the missile fight. The log indicates that the script is working as I'd expect. Needs more testing, I guess.

edit:

Check it out if you like:

https://ufile.io/tdcfkeyp

It goes here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\DLV_ext\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

edit:

I've noticed another failure. The script somehow incorrectly measures the distance between units, stops defending and begins attacking.

edit:

I can't provide steps to reproduce this new failure where the enemy attacks prematurely because the error does not occur consistently.
    Last edited by Taiji; April 06, 2021 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks for the fix, going to check it out, do you know how to enable faction movies? I liked the the faction itro movies before and events fmv's

Also noticed the loading menu is bugged i have to press continue to load the game, loading the save only works in strategy map

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Thanks for the fix, going to check it out, do you know how to enable faction movies? I liked the the faction itro movies before and events fmv's
    In DLV_ext.cfg change:

[video]
    movies = 0

To

[video]
    movies = 1

I think that should do it.

Also noticed the loading menu is bugged i have to press continue to load the game, loading the save only works in strategy map
    Yeah I broke it by accident. You have to guess where the 'load game' button is. I'll probably fix it at some point.

To test the campaign_script.txt you have to start a new campaign anyway.
    Last edited by Taiji; April 06, 2021 at 02:56 PM.

Taiji, thanks for keeping an eye on the mod! can i ask if any of you run it on Steam's version of Med2? i switched to digital/steam couple of years ago haven't tried the mod yet. thanks to both of you for keeping it going, its an amazing mod!

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    Taiji, thanks for keeping an eye on the mod! can i ask if any of you run it on Steam's version of Med2? i switched to digital/steam couple of years ago haven't tried the mod yet. thanks to both of you for keeping it going, its an amazing mod!
    Hi Sarkiss, I can hardly say it's 'my pleasure' that I am so bored I decided to come back and do something here for a while, but thanks for the support - It is appreciated.

It is working fine for me so far on the steam version, but I haven't played into a campaign. You'll find just_a_peasant's instructions for getting it set up a few posts back - It's also quoted on the opening post.

Also I suggest you use the campaign_script.txt I uploaded here: https://ufile.io/tdcfkeyp

just_a_peasant's demonstration that the mod works rather cunningly included a demonstration of bad battle AI caused by my stupidity. That's how I got roped into this lol