Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: the Seven Years War mod (originally: asking for permission.)

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: the Seven Years War mod (originally: asking for permission.)

Quote Originally Posted by Thibaud View Post
    Hi Gen, thank you for that! i will be able to finsih the skins for british factions asap! cheers!

nice!

EDIT: makes sure the shade and RGB are generally preserved.
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; June 12, 2012 at 07:19 PM.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

My Good General....

Just played a battle, and it is.....BLOODY BRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIANT! Keep up the amazing work. The battle I played was 100x better than Empire TW...

alright: as I know that a few of you might want to work on maps, I have finally made the basic templates for what I have in mind for the campaign (including all rivers I find important).

as the provinces were more or less what I attached earlier, I think whoever is interested can have a good start. the cities I have in mind are as follows (minimum: add as much as you like).

so any volunteers?

as to cities, here is a basic list (take "etc" to mean: add whatever you feel convenient).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Britain: London, Dublin, Edinburgh.
    Hanover: Lueneberg, Hanover, Goettingen
    the above two are for the same faction.

France: Paris, Marsailles, Bordeaux, Bayeux, Strasbourg, whatever else you feel

Austria-Hungary: Vienna, Budapest, Prague, Milan, Brussels, Bratislava (?), Innsbruck, Brunn, Graz, etc.

Prussia: Berlin, Koenigsberg, Minden, Breslau

Denmark: Copehhagen, Christiania (Oslo), Arhus, etc.

Sweden: Stockholm, Helsinki, Rostock, etc.

Spain: Madrid, Velncia, Sevilla, and maybe Toledo.

Portugal: Lisbon, Porto, and Almeida (maybe)

Netherlands: Amsterdam, Maastricht, etc.

Poland: Warsaw, Krakow, Vilnius, Lviv, Lublin, Poznan, Danzig.

Russia: Riga, Pskov, Smolensk, Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Kiev, Tver, etc

Ottoman empire: Belgrade, Sarajevo, Constantinople, Damascus, Cairo, Jerusalem, Amman, Mosul, Bucharest, Jassy, Sofia, Athens, Rhodes, Tripoli, Tunis, Algiers, heraklion (in Crete), Aleppo, Bursa, Konya, Ankara, etc.

Hesse-Kassel: Kassel.

Hesse-Darmstadt: Darmstadt, etc.

Bavaria: Munich, Nuremberg, Ingolstadt, Augsburg?

Wurttemberg: Ulm and Stuttgart

Saxony: Dresden, Leipzig, Chemnitz

Brunswick: Brunswick.

others: Palermo, Naples, Rome, Venice, Genoa, Florence, Benevento, Taranto, Zurich, Bern, Turin, Hamburg, Koln, etc.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

so, a quick update:

I have decided to revise the stat system of the units in the mod. the list of changes will be as follows:

1-armor value is provided to all units save those which are nude (one Mughal unit fits the bill here): I realized that the generous skirts, the leather, and so on make for some sort of protection, as minimal as it is.
    2-attack stats have been revised according to the above: further, the type and condition of the muskets, as well as training, have now been factored in.
    3-I finally figured out the older bayonet drill. turns out to be surprisingly lame. everyone apprently just pushes pike (well, bayonet), and that's it.

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

gongratz for this released work, i downloaded-installed no problem...i reached the main menu...want to play a custom battle....ctd....want to start the campaign...ctd...no error message???
    thanks for your afford...

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    gongratz for this released work, i downloaded-installed no problem...i reached the main menu...want to play a custom battle....ctd....want to start the campaign...ctd...no error message???
    thanks for your afford...
    did you make sure the shortcut was like this?

"......\Rome - Total War\alex.exe" -mod:SYW -nm -ne -noalexander -show_err -enable_editor

I posted this earlier as well, to be sure. worth noting of course is that my computer is not the same as yours, so directory names vary.

EDIT: I never said the campaign had been made...not even remotely so. I in fact posted the above TGA's in an earlier post, so people interested in making a campaign may work on it. my concerns atm are making and balancing units.
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; July 01, 2012 at 03:07 PM.

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

i used this entry Rome - Total War\alex.exe" -mod:SYW -nm -ne -noalexander -show_err -enable_editor -ne

after football, i will make a new installation to try it again....thanks for your quick feedback

get rid of the extra -ne; that was a typo XD

not that that is the problem. whatever it is, I'm not as sure.

Sir Mano's Avatar Civis

ok now i'm a bit confused did you stop working on this or what?

and I also have a couple of questions ;
    1.if I want to let my troops to go to a place they go to the place but stop a little before and they stand there really disorganised.
    2.wy is there some kind of ww1 infantry(I mean the wehr_sold gy).
    3.I can't play it on alex cause I get some kind of message "failed to read sensored files".

And like the EarlofWarwick said it's way better than empire ,
    and I think even better than napoleonic 2

keep up the good work

yeah, of course I have. instead, I'm sitting down and smoking a sheesha

well, I'm not really doing that: I just have little new news: the usual work on animations, unit stating, model making, etc. I also have RL things to take care of. it's been a busy two months.

to answer your questions:

1-I am actually trying to fix them stopping a little early: I have no idea why it is doing that. And the problem gets worse when I change the animation's speed (faster or slower). I suspect that it is partly related to the Officer traveling at a different speed than the men, but beyond that, I am unsure.

as to being disorganized: it simply has to do with the tight formation marching on imperfect ground. making the problem worse, I have no way to make the individuals march in step in such a formation. luckily, it can be easily fixed: just have them loosen then re-tighten formation (the distance doesn't change, but you must still re-tighten).

2-if I answered that question, I'd be spoiling things. so I will not answer it. sorry.

3-strange....it shouldn't have this problem. might have to do with installation.
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; July 08, 2012 at 02:52 PM.

Sir Mano's Avatar Civis

ok thanks

for the first question it also helps if you turn out the "fire at will" button

and sorry about the ww1 gy..... I ruined it for everyone if I could only edit my posts......

and yeah another question some units if they charge they hold their weapons strange sorry it's probably because it's not finished yet

but it's so much better than empire !!!!
    thank you

Sir Mano's Avatar Civis

and I also want to say that the animations are really good

that is true, the models are not completely done. I have not imported the new bayonet animations (or the right mounted muskets for it).

don't worry about spoiling anything. If you want to do anything about it, feel free to, but I'm not overly worried.

Sir Mano's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    that is true, the models are not completely done. I have not imported the new bayonet animations (or the right mounted muskets for it).

don't worry about spoiling anything. If you want to do anything about it, feel free to, but I'm not overly worried.
    ok

Sir Mano's Avatar Civis

and I found a wat to play it on alexansder

(...) Bratislava (?) (...)
    ... Pressburg is more exactly for this historic moment, i think (or Pozsony, or Prešporok, but this are more difficults)... Břetislaw or Bratislava, are names after 1837...

greetings
    Last edited by Archaeopterix; July 24, 2012 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeopterix View Post
    ... Pressburg is more exactly for this historic moment, i think (or Pozsony, or Prešporok, but this are more difficults)... Břetislaw or Bratislava, are names after 1837...

greetings
    OK. thanks!

just a quick update:

I've added the Jaegers to the game, and other light infantry in general. the stats for Bayonets have to be redone--from scratch.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

just a quick update:

I've added the Jaegers to the game, and other light infantry in general. the stats for Bayonets have to be redone--from scratch.
    good to see its still going , i will keep an eye on it

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    good to see its still going , i will keep an eye on it

thanks!

of course, if there's anything you feel you can help with, the mod-folder above is available for download: you can create what may be useful, and send it to me.

It's actually why it's up: I'm hoping more people can work on it direct. There's a lot of RL issues I have to deal with at the moment, and work on the mod, while ongoing, is erratic as a result.