Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: the Seven Years War mod (originally: asking for permission.)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Default the Seven Years War mod (originally: asking for permission.)

Hi!

I am asking permission from this team to use parts of your models for some models I'm am making (or learning to make). these models I'm making are mostly french and indian war material, so I'm mostly making rangers and jersey blues at the moment. might expand to European powers as well.

I also ask permission to use your mod to test the new units and to play with them. (basically, to minimod your mod).

I promise to attribute all material from your team going into making the models. but I will make no guarantee of relesing the mini mod.

thanks in advance.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: asking for permission.

Well if your learning then its for personal use and if its for personal use its pretty much 'go and take'... I cant see why they wont let you mini mod it though. Just make sure you finish the darn thing if you do a modern day thing.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    Well if your learning then its for personal use and if its for personal use its pretty much 'go and take'... I cant see why they wont let you mini mod it though. Just make sure you finish the darn thing if you do a modern day thing.

thanks! I only ask for permission for a mini mod making as a standard practice when starting a mini mod.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Hi. You are more than welcome to play around with the units and models. As for permission to actually release something, it would be better if you asked after you had some examples of your work to show.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindead Colonel View Post
    Hi. You are more than welcome to play around with the units and models. As for permission to actually release something, it would be better if you asked after you had some examples of your work to show.

as soon as I get a fraps picture, I'll show you a few examples of the models proper (I'm mostly done actually-need brushups for skins). to give you an idea of what I plan to release, here is a leib-battalion I member(they're not part of the project-its overwhelmingly from the colonies):
    http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...ustedlapel.jpg

the model was courtesy of a former member, Attlia reloaded, who provided a download link to the model. I've practically finished it, and added a few things to it.

In case anyone wonders, its still going: its just slower now, due to college. I just revamped the redcoats, but no pics available.

Domesticus

Some submod update?

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    Some submod update?

still working on it: it is slow though: I'm only one person, making new models, animations, skins, banners, etc.

Domesticus

You've done a great job.

I hope that sooner or later it will end and there will be a campaign of the Seven Years' War.

I also hope that someone give you a hand.

Good job!

If you want me to find the information or material let me know.

I could help if your making a campaign

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar15 View Post
    You may request permission to use some of the units of submod Gen.jamesWolfe!

And to your two submod work, especially for campaigns.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar15 View Post

really? perfect.

I am in fact making (well, preparing to make) a campaign. I'll brief you tomorrow afternoon (have to get my together there for you). since, as some here have noted, the mod is no longer confined to the North American theater, it is not my plan to have an exclusively north American campaign.

the only problem is that I don't have a completed political map of Europe from 1750-only a partial one. and AFAIK, I have yet to find out how to re-enable sieges in this gunpowder mod.

btw, this has to be said: I am no longer using the old Napoleonic mod-folder; it is simply too limited and difficult to work with, and the scale of the mod now exceeds anything the N2TW designers envisioned. since I did not get permission to use the Lordz' animations (or much else) for it*, I have to make my own animations, missiles, etc. I recently found a way to make soldiers shoulder arms (turned out to be ridiculously simple-no new bones needed XD). even the models are made from scratch nowadays.

and in case anyone is asking: I am,and have for months, been contemplating announcing the idea of the mod in the wips, ideas, and proposals: problem is, I dunno how to do it in a way that would garner support. too verbose, too dry.

*which is just fine. it's their stuff y'know. and I have recently learned to make skeletons and animations.

and since I guess I owe it some here: a few of the new models:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    British foot

Swedish foot

the animations are ad hoc: yes, I made them. new animations will be available within the month, with arms shouldered.
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; August 14, 2011 at 11:54 PM.

I liked the previous 3D models ... but, as always, your job is just to improve every day ... They are very good.

And... I apologize that I can not help you yet.

greetings.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    really? perfect.

I am in fact making (well, preparing to make) a campaign. I'll brief you tomorrow afternoon (have to get my together there for you). since, as some here have noted, the mod is no longer confined to the North American theater, it is not my plan to have an exclusively north American campaign.

the only problem is that I don't have a completed political map of Europe from 1750-only a partial one. and AFAIK, I have yet to find out how to re-enable sieges in this gunpowder mod.

btw, this has to be said: I am no longer using the old Napoleonic mod-folder; it is simply too limited and difficult to work with, and the scale of the mod now exceeds anything the N2TW designers envisioned. since I did not get permission to use the Lordz' animations (or much else) for it*, I have to make my own animations, missiles, etc. I recently found a way to make soldiers shoulder arms (turned out to be ridiculously simple-no new bones needed XD). even the models are made from scratch nowadays.

and in case anyone is asking: I am,and have for months, been contemplating announcing the idea of the mod in the wips, ideas, and proposals: problem is, I dunno how to do it in a way that would garner support. too verbose, too dry.

*which is just fine. it's their stuff y'know. and I have recently learned to make skeletons and animations.

British foot

Swedish foot

the animations are ad hoc: yes, I made them. new animations will be available within the month, with arms shouldered.
    Good job!

Too bad, you do not have permission for the Lordz 'animations.

I could give you a little help for a political Europe from 1750 onwards.

I need to change the file map_regions.tga?

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    really? perfect.

btw, this has to be said: I am no longer using the old Napoleonic mod-folder; it is simply too limited and difficult to work with, and the scale of the mod now exceeds anything the N2TW designers envisioned. since I did not get permission to use the Lordz' animations (or much else) for it*, I have to make my own animations, missiles, etc. I recently found a way to make soldiers shoulder arms (turned out to be
    ridiculously simple-no new bones needed XD). even the models are made from scratch nowadays.

British foot

Swedish foot

So much for sending me a pm lol. so what's your map going to have, you know you can use m2tw maps like map regions and map heights
    Last edited by Caesar15; August 20, 2011 at 10:32 AM.

why not use the Rome Medieval map? they have a little part of North America and Whole Europe...
    There will be nice have Europe and North America... i remenber the Movie The patriot lol

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Nabucodonosor View Post
    why not use the Rome Medieval map? they have a little part of North America and Whole Europe...
    There will be nice have Europe and North America... i remenber the Movie The patriot lol
    Yes, I had proposed map of Rome Medieval 3.

Do you guys will make the Siege works???You can take the Setlement of Ogniem i Mieczem...they have nice changed Setlements ....

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeopterix View Post
    I liked the previous 3D models ... but, as always, your job is just to improve every day ... They are very good.

And... I apologize that I can not help you yet.

greetings.
    don't be sorry. The way I look at it, it's a good learning experience. when you can help, you are more than welcome.

and thanks for the compliments.

1-I have considered asking, but the map does not really meet my standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post

I could give you a little help for a political Europe from 1750 onwards.

I need to change the file map_regions.tga?
    1-PM me the map from 1750 if you can. I would be grateful
    2-as to the map_regions? don't bother with it just yet. I'm still trying to work out provinces per faction.

Do you guys will make the Siege works???You can take the Setlement of Ogniem i Mieczem...they have nice changed Setlements ....
    the settlements in OiM are anachronistic. I will not use them. but yes, there will be sieges-valliere guns shouldn't go to wast too often.

How many time this sub-mod will take? wow I m ancious, cant wait... I wanna Play with USA!!!!!killing all the Britains >

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast