Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports only for DLV 6.2 Kingdoms

Wartower's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Bug Reports only for DLV 6.0 Kingdoms

@kupr

See thread "DLV Europa Released" and you'll see a LOT of talk regarding your exact same error log and the export_descr_character_trait.txt. As of this posting, that same error has yet to be figured out and some of us flat out can't play. I'm one of them, but I can play DLV 6.0 with zero problems. Go figure.

hi

found what looks to be a bugged resource near iasi.

maybe because of bigger cities i guess, maybe it was from earlier versions.

cant select to sit there with my merchant. (to the right of the motte)

to repman

Thanks.

Silverin's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    I have uploaded a necessary DLV 60 Hotfix_01

Changelog hotfix_01 (save compatible to 6.0)
    - fixed Crusader faction crashes
    - included the standard sd files to avoid the white text boxes effect
    - some unit changes from Taiji
    - some more Tokus Graphics
    Thanks, repman. But I've just found one berdiche axe man with that old texture bug. It was a regular warrior, without any upgrades or experience. The rest of axemen were fine

Quote Originally Posted by Kaddirrh View Post
    Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit. :hmmm:

Hi repmen,
    I have the german version of MTW.
    I am playing imperial campaign with teutonic order on XP.
    The CTD is repeatable and occure during the switch between 1203w and 1204s if Venetian is running

system.log.txt
    18:43:12.437 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    18:43:12.437 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    18:43:12.468 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    18:43:12.468 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    18:43:12.468 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    18:43:12.468 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    18:43:12.468 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    18:43:12.484 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    18:43:23.000 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/DLV_ext/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 15195, column 46
    trigger not found
    19:07:38.562 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

best regards Kaddirrh
    Repman,

I have the same error/CTD on the english version of 6.0 + Hotfix 1

Type of Bug - CTD
    Is it repeatable - Yes
    On what turn does this occur - varies, but usually within the first 10 turns
    Faction Playing - Happened to France (3 times), Milan, Flanders, and HRE

Log file:
    Code:
    01:25:08.017 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    01:25:08.017 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    01:25:08.017 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    01:25:08.017 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    01:25:08.017 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    01:25:08.032 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    01:25:08.032 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    01:25:08.032 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    01:25:14.708 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/DLV_ext/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 15195, column 46
    trigger  not found
    02:15:17.718 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Former Historian & Dev Member for Broken Crescent Mod
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989
    Member of the World History Association
    Member of the Medieval Academy of America
    Member of the Richard III Society
    Member of the Society for the Study of the Crusades and Latin East
    If you like my post, please +Rep...if you dislike my post, please +REP me twice

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by Silverin View Post
    Thanks, repman. But I've just found one berdiche axe man with that old texture bug. It was a regular warrior, without any upgrades or experience. The rest of axemen were fine
    Ah, an upgraded unit used as an officer most likely. Thanks for the headsup!

I know this might be the wrong place but i do not seem to get installer working. Downloaded second part first all good, but then the first part. Try to run it and it says:
    ''This Self-Uniting program was not designed to work with the set this first piece file belongs to. Please use GUnite instead available at www.gdgsoft.comm''
    Ideas?
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Quote Originally Posted by CelticPagan View Post
    Repman,

I have the same error/CTD on the english version of 6.0 + Hotfix 1

Type of Bug - CTD
    Is it repeatable - Yes
    On what turn does this occur - varies, but usually within the first 10 turns
    Faction Playing - Happened to France (3 times), Milan, Flanders, and HRE

Log file:
    Code:
    01:25:08.017 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    01:25:08.017 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    01:25:08.017 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    01:25:08.017 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    01:25:08.017 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    01:25:08.032 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    01:25:08.032 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    01:25:08.032 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    01:25:14.708 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/DLV_ext/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 15195, column 46
    trigger  not found
    02:15:17.718 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Sorry to be a bother, but any update on fixing this bug? I really would love to get into an in depth campaign, but having DLV 6.1 crash every few turns due to this bug makes it hard to enjoy it
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989

Found another bug:

Playing Main Campaign
    Type of Bug: Building - Sugar Refinery
    Faction: ELO
    City: Jerusalem
    Turn it occurs on: Varries
    Repeatable: Yes
    Nature of Bug: Queue stops for that particular buildling, even though there is money to cover cost. Even tried using the command line code "process_cq Jerusalem" and it would not build this building. When left-clicked upon to remove from queue, both it and the other merchant shop building for Jerusalem disapeared from possible buildlings.

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    @AlfonsoVIII
    You don't need knights to recruit

@Kaddirrh
    load it up somewhere else
    that is nearly impossible that it changes from 2 year to 1 year.....very weird

repman
    In order to help Bacus out, can you correct my false assumption and tell me what it would take to build both units from the edb under knights_stables:

recruit_pool "Huscarls" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { denmark, norway, } and region_religion catholic 60 and event_counter knight_present 1
    recruit_pool "Svenner" 1 0.7 6 0 requires factions { norway, } and region_religion catholic 60

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by AlfonsoVIII View Post
    In order to help Bacus out, can you correct my false assumption and tell me what it would take to build both units from the edb under knights_stables:

recruit_pool "Huscarls" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { denmark, norway, } and region_religion catholic 60 and event_counter knight_present 1
    recruit_pool "Svenner" 1 0.7 6 0 requires factions { norway, } and region_religion catholic 60
    It looks like a 'knight' ranked family member needs to be present to build them. I didn't implement it so I can't be sure but that's my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ruunu View Post
    I know this might be the wrong place but i do not seem to get installer working. Downloaded second part first all good, but then the first part. Try to run it and it says:
    ''This Self-Uniting program was not designed to work with the set this first piece file belongs to. Please use GUnite instead available at www.gdgsoft.comm''
    Ideas?
    Can't get the installer to work properly either. The file ends up corrupted. It says the following:

Uniting Process Started
    Working on piece number 1
    001DLV_60.EXE
    Opening piece file.
    Checking file offset...
    Copying data from the piece...
    Checking size...
    Checking CRC...
    Piece successfully restored.
    Working on piece number 2
    002DLV_60.exe
    The piece file was successfully recognized.
    Opening piece file.
    Checking file offset...
    Copying data from the piece...
    Checking size...
    Checking CRC...
    ERROR: the restored file's contents differs from the original one; the piece might be corrupted.
    Piece restored but an error occurred.
    !! IMPORTANT: piece 2 may be corrupted. The restored file will differ from the original one.
    Note: other pieces will now also trigger CRC errors, although they may not be corrupted.

All piece files were processed.
    Checking integrity of the restored file...
    ERROR: the restored file differs from the original one (size and CRC).

Result: unite NOT successful.
    I redownloaded both files twice, but it keeps ending up corrupted (at 1.325 gb).
    As a result of that, i lack lots of files, and the game won't start.
    Using Vista 64x (if that's of any importance)

(I don't post alot on these forums, but i'm always reading. Have been playing DLV since 5.6)

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

GAME PLAY BUGS
    * Name of your issue: Missing economy page when accessing financial information.
    * Is issue repeatable? I haven't started a new campaign yet, I don't know.
    * What year are you in? Currently around 1236, the bug may have started around 1210 I'm not sure.
    * What faction do you play? Venice
    * Briefly describe the issue and add comments: The effects of recession and boom still seem to happen it's just the event notification page does not come up. The settlement costs and field costs pages come up fine.

mattgonzo's Avatar Libertus

I've posted this at also at first impressions but i saw that isn't a thread by an admin so i'll post it here again....
    @mattgonzo(first impressions):hey guys....I've never played a DLV before but i love the new mod. most of it i like the many different general looks, the point system, the nice look of the castles and cities which is different from the vanilla and that some family members can start a rebellion if they don't like the current king (ruler). that makes DLV much more realistic than many other mods....
    I've got only one suggestion for an improvement in the next versions of DLV and that is to split the HRE in the many different parts like bavarium, swabia, franciorum etc with an own emperor election, like in the HRE mod but with a little more depth and compined with all the other DLV features....that would be nice.
    I also have another idea but i don't know if it's possible to make:
    It is possible to split a faction into two or more parts if there is a rebellion or split the faction manually? for example to give every son of the current king one part or city of the faction....like it happened in the Lotharii Regnum, when emperor Lothar I. devided his country in 3 parts in the year 855 and give every of his sons one part! Or the opposite that two faction become one like the Personalunion of Poland and lithuania against the german Knight Orden.
    It would be nice if that would be possible!
    Would be happy if someone of the team or someone else could answer my question:original: Matt

oh and in the whole time i have played this mod i had 0 CTDs....only if i select more than 5 factions in the campaign main menu , but that is a known bug...
    oh and i've found one more negativ thing, it's no bug but it isn't very realistic and pretty it is normal that all family members and other persons become around 90 years old? thats much to old for this time!!!....i've also had one general who died with an age of 110 years... could anyone tell me how to change that that or if it's possible to change that with just a little bit of work?
    THX much Matt

in fact in the dark ages rich people lived as long as a lucky rich people lives today.
    healthy life. if you managed to keep yourself alive against all poisoning and war..

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonstein View Post
    Can't get the installer to work properly either. The file ends up corrupted. It says the following:

I redownloaded both files twice, but it keeps ending up corrupted (at 1.325 gb).
    As a result of that, i lack lots of files, and the game won't start.
    Using Vista 64x (if that's of any importance)

(I don't post alot on these forums, but i'm always reading. Have been playing DLV since 5.6)

try defragmenting the disk before downloading (and after deleting the files downloaded)

Quote Originally Posted by ivanhoex View Post
    in fact in the dark ages rich people lived as long as a lucky rich people lives today.
    healthy life. if you managed to keep yourself alive against all poisoning and war..
    Thats maybe right but i don't think that people became SO old.Thats nearly impossible in our times.....so can you tell me how to change that or is theire an easy way?

Quote Originally Posted by mattgonzo View Post
    Thats maybe right but i don't think that people became SO old.Thats nearly impossible in our times.....so can you tell me how to change that or is theire an easy way?
    Part of the problem of people in industrialized nation not living to that age has to do with our diet and out lack of activity. Look at places where a healthier diet and more activity is done, and you will find a correlation with having older living populations. In Medieval times people could live longer, though many poorer people didn't due to illnesses and such, but access to an herbalist/wise woman or man, etc... allowed for longer lives as people ate unprocessed foods and had to actually work the land, rather than sit at a desk for 8 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticPagan View Post
    Part of the problem of people in industrialized nation not living to that age has to do with our diet and out lack of activity. Look at places where a healthier diet and more activity is done, and you will find a correlation with having older living populations. In Medieval times people could live longer, though many poorer people didn't due to illnesses and such, but access to an herbalist/wise woman or man, etc... allowed for longer lives as people ate unprocessed foods and had to actually work the land, rather than sit at a desk for 8 hours a day.
    hm kk....do you know something about the other things i've written?:hmmm:

Wartower's Avatar Civis

@CelticPagan

The error code you are reporting is something that has been a mystery for quite some time. It is the same error we get on DLV_Europa, and the same error that has popped up for all of DLV 5.0 series. If you check out the DLV_Europa thread, you can see all of the efforts that several of us have put into fixing it. It is definitely a work in progress at this point.