Page 1 of 68 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports only for DLV 6.2 Kingdoms

Default Bug Reports only for DLV 6.2 Kingdoms

Here you can report bugs with the current version DLV 6.2 Kingdoms using the Template from Strelac from BC

I'm only interested in bugreports regarding a clean DLV 6.2 without any submods included !!

All problems encountered during the installation or game play should be reported here.
    Please, use the existing developed templates for reporting the problem. This will help us to better understand what the problem is and solve it faster.

How to use:
    1. First define what the problem is.
    2. Check if the issue has already been resolved in fix threads. If not continue to report.
    3. Open spoiler section for each problem type.
    4. Copy the template format, and paste it in you post.
    5. Answer all questions which apply

Rules of postings:
    1. All posts filed without template format will be deleted.
    2. No need to report completely if the issue is already reported. Duplicates will be deleted.
    3. Issues as historical accuracy, units-battle balance, and similar non-technical nature ‘problems’ shall not be reported in this thread.
    4. No files should be directly attached to this thread. This includes screen shots, logs, … - PROVIDE ONLY THE LINK
    5. If issue selection does not offer what you need, continue to report using the most appropriate template. Name your issue. In “Comments” section of your post, explain issue encountered. Moderators will make correction if needed.

PROBLEM CATEGORIES

NOTE: Please tell us what version of M2TW (and patch) and if you are using a Non-English Version of M2TW

UNABLE TO INSTALL
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

UNABLE TO INSTALL

Use the following template to report issues with installation. Answer all question. Put “N/A” in place which doesn’t apply.

• Did you read the Installation Instruction, posted on the DLV Download thread?
    • Did installation completed (executed to the end or failed)?
    • What is the size of your install file?
    • What is you operating system?
    • What language version of the game do you have?
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific!):
    • Provide Screen shot if applicable

CTD (crash to desktop)

CTD ISSUES

Use the following template to report CTD issue only. Answer all questions. Put “N/A” in place which doesn’t apply.

• Name of your issue (Don't be creative - be specific!)
    • Is CTD repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue)
    • Did CTD occur during the a) year turn b) Strategy map activates c) Battle map activates d) can't start the game
    • What is you operating system
    • What language version of the game do you have?
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred?
    • What faction do you play?
    • What faction is creating the CTD (if known, leave speculations to your comments)
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!):
    • Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. How to extract log file:
    • Provide Screenshot if applicable

GAME PLAY BUGS (not CTD related)

GAME PLAY BUGS
    Use the following template to report issues during the game play. For example, “the game is telling me to take “...Town”, but the city doesn’t exist…”, or notification about Crusades has popped out, but there is no crusading army… Basically all issues where there is a problem in game play, but game continues to run…you got the point. All CTD issues report in CTD format. Put “N/A” in place which doesn’t apply.

• Is issue repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue)
    • What year are you in?
    • What faction do you play?
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!):
    • Provide Screenshot if applicable

GRAPHICAL BUGS (skins, models, 2D art, …)

GRAPHICAL BUGS

Use the following template to report graphical issues. In this group belongs, but not limited to, units –skins and models problems, 2D art messed up or not showing,… anything related to visually identifiable issue.
    Put “N/A” in place which doesn’t apply.

NOTE: Reports without Screenshots will be deleted.

• What faction, what unit(s)?
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments?
    • Provide Screenshot.

TEXT BUGS (spelling, missing terms, inaccurate names…)

TEXT BUGS

Use the following template to report text issues. In this group belongs, but not limited to, misssspelling, missing terms/text, names…
    Put “N/A” in place which doesn’t apply.

NOTE: Report like “The name of your unit is ‘Villager Rapist’, but in fact this unit should be called ‘Village Plunderer’…” IS NOT considered TEXT BUGS.

------------------------------------------
    this message in the log is not a bug:

22:13:54.918 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in DLV_ext/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 15726, column 46
    trigger not found
    22:19:41.768 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <kill_character>, at line 11706, in DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Character Primus doesn't exist.
    -----------------------------------

To facilitate the bugreport:
    you have a crash and the systmlog is unspecified error !
    - in path C:\Programme\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs
    - open file DLV_ext.cfg
    - change error to trace and save
    - go back to your crashing campaign
    - campaign will go slowly because of tracing
    - after crash go to path : C:\Programme\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs
    - open file system.log.txt (now very big file because of tracing) and send me the last 100 lines
    - change trace back to error

Standard MTW bugs:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96624

Help Tips:
    Mod is now in the path mods\DLV_ext
    - install sequence: MTW, MTW kingdoms, patch 1.5, DLV 6.0, Patch 6.2
    - repeat the installation if there are any problems
    - your installation in the main data path should be clean (other encapsulated mods as theLongRoad do not hurt)
    - don't use a no-cd crack: reported to freeze the campaign or you can't read the pop up texts
    - install the newest .net framework from microsoft
    - try to scroll over the campaign screen without clicking on a unit: avoids freezing and slowdowns
    Graphic Problems
    - if you have white\empty text fields in your campaign screen you should look if the 3 standard sd files battle.sd, shared.sd, strategy.sd are in the path (dependent on your MTW installation path):
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\ui
    C:\Programme\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\ui
    C:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\ui
    ...or dependent on your naming
    if not then create the above standard ui folder (dependent on your naming !) and load up the attachment ui.zip and put the 3 sd files into this standard ui folder (never put them into the mods folder)

- Sound Problems:
    go into C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\DLV_ext and for the english click on the file adapt_sound_english.bat, for the nonenglish click on adapt_sound_nonenglish.bat. After that click on the file adapt.bat. The bat files delete automatically all the audio, events, music, sfx: dat and idx files in C:\Programme\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\DLV_ext\data\sounds (you can do it although manually). Wait for the closing of the dos popups and restart game. The deleted files are now regenerated.
    - if you have unpacked the pack files into the standard path (not necessary for my mod) don't forget to delete the 2 geography files
    - Text problems:
    Go into the path: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\DLV_ext\data\text and delete all bin (strings) files, they will be regenerated
    - Campaign map problems: Go into the path: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\DLV_ext\world\maps\base and delete map.rwm, it will be regenerated with the next campaign restart
    - if faction goes into hording the game will freeze several minutes, just do some push-ups
    - Video\event scene battle crash problems (during ram-attack or general-dies scenes): open DLV_ext.cfg (with notepad) in path C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\DLV_ext and change the parameters to: then restart the game
    [game]
    event_cutscenes = 0
    [video]
    movies = false

Vista:

delete a DLV catalog you have on the computer before updating DLV to 6.2
    if you have a catalog at this location, delete it before installing the mod.
    C:\Users\[Username]\appdata\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War"

-for vista problem: open DLV_ext.cfg in path C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\DLV_ext and change the parameters to: then restart the game
    [video]
    widescreen=0
    movies = false
    [game]
    allusers=1

new bugs

Reported (old, not fixed) bugs:
    - some units do not talk on the battlefield
    - don't jump too much between the faction selection screen in the campaign menus or the game will crash (not changable)
    - don't jump between battles and campaign selection screens or the game will crash (not changable)

- no zooming with + button in minimap menue -- use F2 or F3 buttons
    - no correct graphic symbols in campaign menue for : norway, hedjaz
    Last edited by repman; September 25, 2009 at 07:58 PM.

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Default Re: Bug Reports only for DLV 6.0 Kingdoms

Wartower
    But anyone else having a problem with the map being all screwed up when you load a new campaign?
    Yep, same here, looks like all the layers with the buttons (not visuable), city info etc is gone or orange and the resolution not correct.
    I tried with shader 1 and 2 and different videosettings but the game looked out of shape and everytime the same.
    Last edited by Emerentius; January 18, 2009 at 06:32 AM. Reason: screenshot

Wartower's Avatar Civis

NOTE: Reports without Screenshots will be deleted.
    My NOTE: Do not delete this please! I have provided many hours of my time trying to kill recent DLV related bugs and I am too tired to provide a screenshot. Cut me some slack please!

• Name of Bug?
    • I officially dub this bug, "The Simple Jack Giant Retard M-m-m-map Bug"
    • After faction selection screen, game loads fine, but when campaign map appears, everything is much larger than normal. There is extra "white space" everywhere, including in settlement name boxes, where unit cards and other Interface buttons should be.
    • What faction, what unit(s)?
    • All factions/all units
    • See description above. Comments? Yes. I have done the following in an attempt to correct this issue. ALL steps were followed properly for download/installation. All previous DLV files uninstalled/deleted as instructed. Version 1.5 already on my machine. There was nothing in my C:\Chris\AppData\VirtualStore to delete. After problem detected I: deleted all .bin files, deleted map.rwm or whatever file. added, one at a time with test for each step in between, the following to the .cfg file: [movies = false], [allusers = 1], [widescreen = 0]. Obviously it looks differently in the .cfg file. I made sure that all of the .sd files were in the right spot. They were. *Note, your filepath (in red) on main post of this thread shows C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\ui. No such path exists. Instead, it should be C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\DLV_ext\data\UI. Just to avoid confusion. Lastly, I updated my .net framework and rebooted the system. Didn't fix it. Then I reinstalled 1.5 patch. Nothing I have done has fixed the problem with The Simple Jack Giant Retard M-m-m-map.
    • Provide Screenshot.
    • Perhaps later, but I think you know what map problem I'm talking about as almost everyone has experienced it before. Sorry, but I'm weelly, weelly tired!
    I am going to go ahead and reinstall DLV 6 because it's such a big file that there's a good chance that something didn't come out right with the initial install. Also doing it because I think repman would expect me to as it's common sense! I'll report back with results if I can stay awake.
    *EDIT*
    - if you have white\empty text fields in your campaign screen you should look if the 3 standard sd files battle.sd, shared.sd, strategy.sd are in the path :

This is exactly the problem, and as I stated above, no such folder exists in that path. The "UI" folder for every mod I've downloaded is here: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\*insert mod folder here*\data\UI <----capitalized for DLV and DLV_Europa, but not for BC or SS. Idk if folders are case sensitive or not. Probably not. Anyway, all of the sd files, battle, shared, and strategy are in the UI folder at the end of the path that I have listed.
    Last edited by Wartower; January 18, 2009 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Why does DLV hate me lately?

- if you have white\empty text fields in your campaign screen you should look if the 3 standard sd files battle.sd, shared.sd, strategy.sd are in the path (dependent on your MTW installation path):
    if not then create the above standard ui folder (dependent on your naming !) and load up the attachment ui.zip and put the 3 sd files into this standard ui folder (never put them into the mods folder)
    Last edited by repman; January 18, 2009 at 06:58 AM.

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Wartower's Avatar Civis

Voluntarily removed
    Last edited by Wartower; January 18, 2009 at 08:14 PM.

if not then create the above standard ui folder and load up the attachment ui.zip and put the 3 sd files into this standard ui folder

Hi, thank you for your fast reply.
    First I tried to put them into
    C:\Program Files \Sega\Medieval II Total War\data\ui
    nothing (I had to create the last two directories)
    second I replaced the same files in
    D:\Games\Medieval Total War II\mods\DLV_ext\data\UI
    nothing happened
    third I put them into
    D:\Games\Medieval Total War II\data\ui
    Victory!!! (I had to create the UI directory)
    Thanks.

Btw.
    is it normal to have this after installing?
    D:\Games\Medieval Total War II\mods\DLV_ext\data\DLV_ext\banners (and models_strat)

never put them into the mods ui folder....

You have to put them where your standard game path is

is it normal to have this after installing?
    D:\Games\Medieval Total War II\mods\DLV_ext\data\DLV_ext\banners (and models_strat)
    yes that's right (necessary relics from older versions)

repman
    Last edited by repman; January 18, 2009 at 06:58 AM.

Wartower's Avatar Civis

Yeah that was a bit confusing. I just copied the entire "UI" folder into C:\Progam Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data and it worked. Now looking back, I see that all had to do was create subfolder UI and put the 3 files into it.

Anyway, all good now and ty repman for the fast replies.

Lastly, I noticed that when I finally got the map to work as England, several settlement names were all caps (LONDON, BRUGES, NOTTINGHAM, etc) others weren't. I don't really care as it all reads the same to me, but I thought you should know.

- metropolis settlements are shown on the map in uppercase format

repman

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

I can't launch the game, the "exe" doesn't work, I don't understand i never had this prob with DLV. Non-english version.
    I reinstall DLV 5.0 to check and this versions work...
    Last edited by Brips; January 18, 2009 at 08:41 AM.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

@Brips
    You have to install the game in the "mods" folder,for example:
    E:\TotalWar\mods.

It's different from the old version

Thanks mate, I just see my mistake now^^
    Last edited by Brips; January 18, 2009 at 09:28 AM.

I'm just curious .... the DLV MOD Folder takes 5 G space ?
    I know this mod have many new things ...but 5 giga ....
    Kids in the back seats causes accidents .
    Accidents in the back seats causes kids .

Graphical bug.

Georgian Eristavs (Heavy Cavalry).
    Texture errors. See shots below.

I play Vlanderen, and I never hear only one new war horns in 10 times.... before that was may be 1/2 times.... No-english version.
    Last edited by Brips; January 19, 2009 at 04:05 AM.

ME_Peasant_Crossbowmen (Middle-eastern peasant crossbowmen) uses "Steel_crossbow_bolts" and have equal stats to higher tier units.

The "dlv_extcfgfixer.bat" converts the config.cfg to DLV 5.7's config so that the game starts as 5.7 instead of 6.0, is this intended? Not sure what the cfgfixer is supposed to do.

Wartower's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    - metropolis settlements are shown on the map in uppercase format

repman
    That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the answer. P.S. Why was Dauntless Commandant banned? He seemed like a really nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartower View Post
    That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the answer. P.S. Why was Dauntless Commandant banned? He seemed like a really nice guy.

Jesus! Yes, why? I'm curious....

Hi all,

I don't have ANY walk or run display icons for each unit from peasants on up to the General for ANY factions.

I also don't have any unit amount for each unit (i.e. Peasants 30).

Are these both considered graphical or graphical and text bugs respectively?
    hellas1

Page 1 of 68 12345678910112651 ... LastLast