Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Deus lo Vult 6.2 download, installation and manual - 09\25\2009

Agis Tournas's Avatar ★ Modder-at-Arms ★

Default Re: DLV 6.0 Mod Deus lo Vult Kingdoms (01\18\2009)

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    added filefront link for 001
    repman
    My sincerest THANK YOU
    I am very happy that I could play the new DLV.
    Cheers
    Agis
    A mini-mod is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!

Son of Agisilaos / Grandson of jimkatalanos / Great-grandson of Garbarsardar

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

Default Re: DLV 6.0 Mod Deus lo Vult Kingdoms (01\18\2009)

Woohoo, thank you Repman, been waiting for this

BTW to cope with the slow download (I have 1h45min with both) why not consider using Gameupdates.org? For gamerelated stuff they are really nice, and their (high-speed!) seeders seed as long as is needed, and there's no illegal stuff on there:
    http://www.gameupdates.org/faq.php

The Danes, I swear, with their half arsed attempts at a 'war'. You gotta give it to 'em, they just dont stop trying. Listen, I've fought the Timurids, ever heard of them? Elephants with cannons on their backs. Yea, Timurids. You guys are like kids on tricycles compared to them. -REZ

Default Re: DLV 6.0 Mod Deus lo Vult Kingdoms (Hotfix_01 01\21\2009)

I have uploaded a necessary DLV 60 Hotfix_01

Changelog hotfix_01 (save compatible to 6.0)
    - fixed Crusader faction crashes
    - included the standard sd files to avoid the white text boxes effect
    - some unit changes from Taiji
    - some more Tokus Graphics

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

HUZZAH!

thanks for the filefront uploads!
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

- Unify both parts 001, 002 into DLV_60.exe by clicking on Part 001 (and decide where to store it) Don't click on part 002 !!!!!!!!!
    because of the filesize it will take severall minutes before you can see any reaction.. patience
    This is the part I don't quite understand, do you mean double left click or right click? And which application do I need to install to unite the two .exe files? I really want to play this mod but I don't even know how to install it

[edit] I have tried installing Gsplit and tried opening part 001 to unite the files but I'm still getting the message "This self uniting program was not designed to work with the set this first piece belongs to. Please use GUnite instead available at www.gdgsoft.com." I also tried dragging and dropping part 001 into the GUnite application but I got the same result...

Please help, its really starting to get on my t*ts now...
    Last edited by Winchester; January 21, 2009 at 08:23 PM.

you need not to install any program for this to work. thats why its called selfextratable

just put piece 001 amd 002 in the same folder, check that you have enough room to make a copy of them.

then double click on 001. it should ask you if you want to start merging them. click yes

after process is done you will get a .exe with a different name and about 1.3 gb size

double click the new exe to start installing dlv. proceed according its instructions.

This probably works for most people but not for me. I'm running Windows XP with SP2 and no updates, do you think this could be the problem? I've also tweaked Windows in many different ways e.g. I've turned off system restore and I have no paging file (including many other tweaks that would take me an age to explain).

I'm still getting the message "This self uniting program was not designed to work with the set this first piece belongs to. Please use GUnite instead available at www.gdgsoft.com."

I've even checked the file sizes to make sure both were fully downloaded, part 001 is 700 MB and part 002 is 564 MB. Would it make any difference if I downloaded one from filefront and the other from the other download source?
    Last edited by Winchester; January 22, 2009 at 06:11 AM.

That hotfix is a good idea, repman.

Here's a mini-AAR on my installation of DLV 6.0.
    After I'd gotten everything cleared away from old installs and re-installed with mini-mods, I picked a faction and started rubbing my hands together with an evil grin, anticipating new DLV awesome-ness. I heard that beginning "ding" as you enter the campaign map, and as I was pulling on the boxing gloves to begin round 1, I was engulfed in a sea of white. I slapped my hands on my face and let out a bloodcurdling scream, not unlike that of Macaulay Culkin from "Home Alone". After the shock subsided, I remembered the posts in the bug thread regarding the problem with the white boxes and my heart rate slowed to a healthy level. I installed the files from the ui.zip file so hopefully everything will start up fine next time around

I have simple question Do you have AOR in this mod

PrivateJoh's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by zmv View Post
    I have simple question Do you have AOR in this mod
    Simple answer: No

Quote Originally Posted by musicdemon View Post
    That hotfix is a good idea, repman.

Here's a mini-AAR on my installation of DLV 6.0.
    After I'd gotten everything cleared away from old installs and re-installed with mini-mods, I picked a faction and started rubbing my hands together with an evil grin, anticipating new DLV awesome-ness. I heard that beginning "ding" as you enter the campaign map, and as I was pulling on the boxing gloves to begin round 1, I was engulfed in a sea of white. I slapped my hands on my face and let out a bloodcurdling scream, not unlike that of Macaulay Culkin from "Home Alone". After the shock subsided, I remembered the posts in the bug thread regarding the problem with the white boxes and my heart rate slowed to a healthy level. I installed the files from the ui.zip file so hopefully everything will start up fine next time around

lol

yah i always start a newly installed dlv doing a few custom battles to figure out if there are any visibly broken stuff with the units.. and i couldnt even click on start battle, had to do so by pressing enter so i figured out i had to check out the bugs thread XD

Quote Originally Posted by Winchester View Post
    This probably works for most people but not for me. I'm running Windows XP with SP2 and no updates, do you think this could be the problem? I've also tweaked Windows in many different ways e.g. I've turned off system restore and I have no paging file (including many other tweaks that would take me an age to explain).

I'm still getting the message "This self uniting program was not designed to work with the set this first piece belongs to. Please use GUnite instead available at www.gdgsoft.com."

I've even checked the file sizes to make sure both were fully downloaded, part 001 is 700 MB and part 002 is 564 MB. Would it make any difference if I downloaded one from filefront and the other from the other download source?
    All you need to do is download parts 1 and 2 to the same folder and double left click on part one and you should see GSplit archive open with a unite button. If this does not happen, delete parts 1 and 2 and redownload them. If that does not work, please post pics of every step you have taken so I can see it.

iīm sorry, but i canīt download the hotfix because the link there on http://upit.to/file:b1ec9f7652 doesnīt do anything when i click onto it!! can someone load the hotfix upt to filefront?? (or am i to stupid for downloading it??)
    Last edited by landstreicher; January 23, 2009 at 03:51 AM.

THANGDACLAC's Avatar Civis

THANKS SOMUCH !!!

@landstreicher
    Try using a different browser. Others have said in the past that this works for them

It worked for me and I used the Firefox. You have to wait the fist part then you can use the second part.

thanks for your help, but i allready thried out IE7, when i move over the link i only sea "javascript:;" as refrence behind the link

Have you tried Firefox? I think that's what most people used in order to download it without problems. IE seems to cause some issues with this particular link. If neither of those work, try Chrome, Opera, or Safari. It's fun to check out new browser's anyway

of course, i normaly use firefox, after the link dinīt work 4 me i also used IE, but both didnīt work!!
    i donīt understand whatīs the problem betwean me and this link???

mattgonzo's Avatar Libertus

filefront sucks but your first upload @ upit was very very fast about 200 kb/s so thx much...the newest version is brilliant....