Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344

Thread: Deus lo Vult 6.2 download, installation and manual - 09\25\2009

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Deus lo Vult 6.2 download, installation and manual - 09\25\2009

It's incompatible with 6.3 beta.

In case you wanted to play 6.3, here you go. http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-lo-vult

Thanks to Shadrach for uploading.

Enjoy.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

6.3?? What's the story here??

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipO'Hayda View Post
    6.3?? What's the story here??
    Well, 6.2 is available for download on Moddb.

But 6.3 is a beta, and as such - even though it might work fine for most - I didn't want to upload it to Moddb. Especially since the whole creation of the Moddb page was very, erm... unofficial to begin with... as the case is at the moment however, it is the only stable place to get hold of DLV.

At the moment not even sure if 6.3 is available at all, I sure don't have it. Maybe if someone has it I'd upload it to Moddb, but not sure how advisable it would be. It needs to be made very clear it's a *beta* and all requests for help should be put here, not on Moddb.

The Danes, I swear, with their half arsed attempts at a 'war'. You gotta give it to 'em, they just dont stop trying. Listen, I've fought the Timurids, ever heard of them? Elephants with cannons on their backs. Yea, Timurids. You guys are like kids on tricycles compared to them. -REZ

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach View Post
    Well, 6.2 is available for download on Moddb.

But 6.3 is a beta, and as such - even though it might work fine for most - I didn't want to upload it to Moddb. Especially since the whole creation of the Moddb page was very, erm... unofficial to begin with... as the case is at the moment however, it is the only stable place to get hold of DLV.

At the moment not even sure if 6.3 is available at all, I sure don't have it. Maybe if someone has it I'd upload it to Moddb, but not sure how advisable it would be. It needs to be made very clear it's a *beta* and all requests for help should be put here, not on Moddb.
    I don't think any TWC staffers will be bother by you redistributing DLV anymore. ^^

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14925650

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    It's incompatible with 6.3 beta.

In case you wanted to play 6.3, here you go. http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-lo-vult

Thanks to Shadrach for uploading.

Enjoy.

~Wille
    Thanks for the working post, +rep

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Is there any update on how to install the steam version, or is it still trial by error with updating the registry?

All links are dead and there are no seeders on torrent

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

Moddb links still work, and has several downloads per day:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-lo-vult/downloads

The Gameupdates.org torrent is a bit up and down, the site is supposed to have dedicated seeders, but they've been gone at various times. Seeders are back now though, and I try to seed whenever I can. The site appears to be kind of close to dying so if anyone else knows a torrent site dedicated to legal, game-related torrents with dedicated seeders, please let me know.

Some interesting stats:
    Added 2009-09-25 17:12:29
    Views 98214
    Hits 127005
    Total traffic 22.4 TB
    Downloaded 18547 time(s)

22.4 TB of data traffic ain't too bad, over 8 years and running

The Danes, I swear, with their half arsed attempts at a 'war'. You gotta give it to 'em, they just dont stop trying. Listen, I've fought the Timurids, ever heard of them? Elephants with cannons on their backs. Yea, Timurids. You guys are like kids on tricycles compared to them. -REZ

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

nevermind

La Bestia Von Garlet's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach View Post
    Moddb links still work, and has several downloads per day:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-lo-vult/downloads

The Gameupdates.org torrent is a bit up and down, the site is supposed to have dedicated seeders, but they've been gone at various times. Seeders are back now though, and I try to seed whenever I can. The site appears to be kind of close to dying so if anyone else knows a torrent site dedicated to legal, game-related torrents with dedicated seeders, please let me know.

Some interesting stats:
    Added 2009-09-25 17:12:29
    Views 98214
    Hits 127005
    Total traffic 22.4 TB
    Downloaded 18547 time(s)

22.4 TB of data traffic ain't too bad, over 8 years and running
    Hi Shadrach, is there a torrent for download this mod? In the moddb site they only have a direct download link, and with my connection been so unstable I cannot finish the download, it goes down all the time.

Edit: Nevermind, it finally got downloaded completely. Thanks!
    Last edited by La Bestia Von Garlet; February 15, 2018 at 09:08 AM.

Hey, is anyone still monitoring this thread?

I very much enjoyed playing 6.3 many, many years ago, several rigs ago. But 6.3 tended to start bugging out after ~150-200 turns, which was a real bummer, but which forced me to try out other excellent M2 mods like Broken Crescent and Stainless Steel.

Should I try playing a 6.2 campaign? Or will I encounter the same bugginess 100+ turns in? Anybody know?