Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MA Technical Help

Default Re: MA Technical Help

MSS32.dll is a database file that RTW installs when it gets installed. My guess is you have it installed to the wrong folder. Install RTW and patch it to 1.5. Install Alexander. Install MA. ( BI is not needed for MA)

Can someone post a link to the RTW patch 1.9?

There is no RTW Patch 1.9. Alexander carries version number 1.9, so when you install Alexander you'll have 1.9.

running win7 and cant play...as soon as i press start campaign it crashes...loved it when used xp best ever!!!!!plzplzplzplzplzplzplz help help...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This mod does work on Win 7, so you're going to have to provide me with some more information. Are you sure you installed it correctly? Did you copy the files over from your XP install to 7? Just give me a bit more information and I'll do my best to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss View Post
    This mod does work on Win 7, so you're going to have to provide me with some more information. Are you sure you installed it correctly? Did you copy the files over from your XP install to 7? Just give me a bit more information and I'll do my best to help.

no no...fresh install..all over from the beginning...i thought it wasnt compatible....any suggestions???? havent traced any problems

Just insure everything is in the right places, and if everything is right, go rename map.rwm (to say, map2.rwm) in alexander/ma/data/world/maps/campaign/alexander/ and try again.

will try and send the results ...talking from an other pc now but will try tonight and tell you...plz keep thinking for other solutions......i like this game so much...

Quote Originally Posted by maitre View Post
    will try and send the results ...talking from an other pc now but will try tonight and tell you...plz keep thinking for other solutions......i like this game so much...

reinstalled....wrong dir....sorry all ok now....allready bearning my mind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!m8

Haha, glad to hear you got it working!

how do you run this on steam?

EDIT: im using win 7
    Last edited by raphael; February 04, 2011 at 08:50 PM.

Hmmm, I've never done it, but see here.

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...-and-Alexander

Dunno if that will work or not though.

Quote Originally Posted by raphael View Post
    how do you run this on steam?

EDIT: im using win 7
    You probably installed this to C:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\rome total war alexander\, right?
    If this is the case you will find in the \rome total war alexander\ folder an individual folder called \Alexander\
    In this folder you will find another called \MA\

Move the MA folder to the \rome total war alexander\ folder

Go to your game list in your steam library and right click on Rome Total War Alexander, click properties, set launch options, and write "-mod:ma -show_err -nm"

Now you should be able to play the mod

The thing that made it work for me was moving the "MA" folder

Icon14 Re: MA Technical Help

Hi! I was having some frustrations with getting the mod to work but I succeeded so I'm posting how I did it for anyone else with similar troubles.
    Using a windows 7 machine & Alexander from gold edition (from CD).
    So far I've moved an MA folder(copy) to the appropriate place( rome total war folder that contains the applications themselves) keeping a copy in the "alexander" folder as well, moved the mss32.dll(copy) to the alexander folder so, an error message no longer appears. And moved a copy of the "Miles" folder ( to get rid of message stating "Failed to initialise 3D audio!" ) into "alexander" folder as well.

I understand this looks like a mess & I'm not sure why it works but it does. As a side note for the MA shortcut put
    target:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\alexander\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:alexander\MA

start in:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War"

I've had this installed for a yr now and just noticed that I still have old music playing, so tried reinstalling and I had no music or sounds at all.The game works fine just no music.Anyone have this problem.I used JSGME mod switcher with MA music and text fills but no go there either.
    Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Never mind, I've got music back
    Last edited by Jab5450; October 24, 2011 at 06:58 PM.

Team Member--Living in the Day of the Eagle! The Eagle not the Dove--

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Hello.
    I have a problem:
    I've added some new units in MA (spartan hoplites,new cavlry)and i would like to know how to add hidden resorces to some areas and how.
    I've tried myself but i don't understand were to insert them except descr buildings as the descr regions in the Alexander folder in MA/data/world/maps/campaign/Alexander is odd.
    Please someone help me.

Hi guys,

Anyone have any problem with the savegames? I can't save any game in MA. Neither automaticaly savegames.
    How could I resolve it?

Thanks

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by kerosenorc View Post
    Hi guys,

Anyone have any problem with the savegames? I can't save any game in MA. Neither automaticaly savegames.
    How could I resolve it?

Thanks
    Do you face this problem in other mods or vanilla?

If not, I'd re-install the mod and try if it works. (Remember to remove old MA folder after you un-installed it)

OK. Problem resolved. I saved to start the game 'cause if i did not save first it does not continue saving.
    thanks anyway!!
    It was the first time it appeared me in any mod.

I installed MA, and it works fine, but on the single player there is no custom battle. And on the Imperial Campaign, only Macadonia is playable.

I have Lord of the Rings Total War installed. Will that somehow affect MA?

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast