Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: [Faction Discussion] Dai Viet

Default Re: [Faction Discussion] Dai Viet

Nice stuffs.

I just wonder if it'd be accurate since these pics are about the 19th.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    I just wonder if it'd be accurate since these pics are about the 19th.
    I think except some decorative designs, the overall architecture didn't change alot .

Quote Originally Posted by gamevn View Post
    I think except some decorative designs, the overall architecture didn't change alot .
    IMO, DV's buildings were constructed mostly by timber ,bamboo or bricks. There's almost no stone construction.

My english is not very good, but i can read, speak (but writing is really ...) vietnamese pretty fluently, i was living in Viet Nam for 3 years. If you want, i can help with the translations or whatever the task.

By the way, how's your progress ?

IMO, DV's buildings were constructed mostly by timber ,bamboo or bricks. There's almost no stone construction.

My english is not very good, but i can read, speak (but writing is really ...) vietnamese pretty fluently, i was living in Viet Nam for 3 years. If you want, i can help with the translations or whatever the task.

By the way, how's your progress ?
    Some important defensive construction like walls, citadel... make by stone, blue stone or laterite. You can search on google "thành xây bằng đá" and you'll see many walls, citadels, palaces...

About the project, the army were completed. The building... well, i think we must let the modders decide. But i think like some other mods, some contructions don't change from the original. We can't ask them to much.
    Last edited by gamevn; June 13, 2009 at 10:59 PM.

Some pics of Kinh Thien Palace, where Daiviet king worked with his mandarins . It's redesigned by Vietnamese artists on 3D flatform. Those pics were captured from youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3dO3P-_PSI
    Last edited by anhquang; June 15, 2009 at 01:01 AM.

Chua Mot Cot (One Pillar Pagoda) was built in 1049 by Emperor Ly Thai Tong, and was renovated in 1105 by Emperor Ly Nhan Tong. The pagoda used to be Daiviet National Temple. According to history records, the stone pillar was about 20 meters high. There was a huge lotus flower on top of the pillar.There were 2 towers in front of the temple.
    It's a pity that the temple was destroy in war (maybe in Ming invasion). The pagoda today in Hanoi (the 1st picture) was rebuilt to memorize the old wonder.
    Those pics was captured in youtube. Once again, it's redesigned by Vnese 3D artists.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZb3ENoN_OI

About Daiviet architecture, here some info. I don't really understand them because I'm an accountant
    But it may be helpful for artists (at least give you an idea)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinh_ng...7594201767406/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinh_ng...7594201785472/

Pictures of Binh Son Tower, built in Ly-Tran Period
    Last edited by anhquang; June 15, 2009 at 01:01 AM.

In the medieval time, normal houses usually were built by bamboo, wood and bricks. But, many royal or religious constructions were built by bricks and even stones.

Vietnamese horses are sort of small size. I was ROTF when saw the picture my friend mounting a horse for the first time. Just wonder how we can apply them for the calavary unit

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    Vietnamese horses are sort of small size. I was ROTF when saw the picture my friend mounting a horse for the first time. Just wonder how we can apply them for the calavary unit
    What your friend mounted is not what our cavalry (not calavary, ROTF) mounted 800 yrs ago. DO NOT misunderstand. There are 3 reasons:

1. Please notice the difference between war horses and the others. Does your friends mount a war horse (Who is he? a general?) or just a small one for capturing picture.

2. When considering building calvary force, the Ly, Tran Dynasties needed to invest some money into it. In fact, there were some merchants who was responsible for buying horses for the army and collecting information when trading in other countries.

3. The Mongol horses are famous for their small size but fast and enduring. And the Mongol cavalry was undefeated in battlefield. So do you think we should apply small size horses for Mongol cavalry.
    Last edited by anhquang; June 15, 2009 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevn View Post
    Some important defensive construction like walls, citadel... make by stone, blue stone or laterite. You can search on google "thành xây bằng đá" and you'll see many walls, citadels, palaces...

About the project, the army were completed. The building... well, i think we must let the modders decide. But i think like some other mods, some contructions don't change from the original. We can't ask them to much.
    Great jobs, i can't wait to see DV rosters. Do you have any pic ?

Sorry for the late reply, i was really busy lately .

By the way, IMO, i don't think the Li - Tran had any stone citadel (i'm not sure about walls , maybe partly they were made of stone). By the end of Tran , it was the Ho who built the first stone citadel in Thanh Hoa which ruins still can be seen today.

@ anhquang : your pics look very nice. Are they in game ?
    Last edited by Vagabond; June 19, 2009 at 08:15 PM.

By the way, IMO, i don't think the Li - Tran had any stone citadel (i'm not sure about walls , maybe partly they were made of stone). By the end of Tran , it was the Ho who built the first stone citadel in Thanh Hoa which ruins still can be seen today.
    I think they had. The most famous ones were Hoa Lu and Thang Long. There are some articles about Hoa Lu Citadel but they are in Vietnamese. You can try searching on Google.

Those pics were from a TV show to celebrate 1000 year Thang Long, I think .

Quote Originally Posted by anhquang View Post
    I think they had. The most famous ones were Hoa Lu and Thang Long. There are some articles about Hoa Lu Citadel but they are in Vietnamese. You can try searching on Google.

Those pics were from a TV show to celebrate 1000 year Thang Long, I think .
    Yeah, i remember now. I watched a kungfu movie about Thang Long (the fightings were awesomes with a pretty famous actor but i forgot the name), they did have a stone citadel. Though it was a movie so i'm not sure if we can consider the source reliable.

A bit off topic: i'm really looking forward to the celebration of 1000 years Thang Long. I heard they'll make it big, very very big. Still saving for the trip.

THANGDACLAC's Avatar Civis

What's about the history

1- I know something about the history which i were taught at schools and read in the books.
    - When mongol invasion happened (3 times), they were very strong to resist them face to face. So our men retreated. But before retreating they destroyed and burnt out all so that the enemy couldn't find anything to feed themselves and their horses (left the cities, villages and farms empty). Not only they did those but also drop poison down to the wells and the springs.These caused many Mongol horese to die and weakened their troops. You kown that: "A mongol not ride is a dead man only".
    - Mongol could attack quicky, but their supplies couldn't and were attacked by our men frequently. They couldn't defeat us quickly, because they didn't know where our soldiers took cover (Guerrilla tactics). It was through lack of supply and diseases that they had to decide to build many forts for stay finally.
    - Our soldiers had to fight by night, why was that? Because Mongol was very famous for their bowmen. Ours were ready for training to fight by night. They were equiped with chilli powder for throwing to the enemy's eyes. When attack they had small white cloths tied on hands, so that they could recognize each other. It was hot by day and better by night, but Mongol couldn't have an unbroken sleep. Mongol troops were very tired and bored. Day by day many Mongol forts and troops were destroyed and they had to run away from our land.
    2- What i can hope for this mod
    - There is so much diseases for men and hores (for invaders).
    - Light infantryman and fighting by night for Dai Viet faction.
    - Dai Viet's light infantryman can take cover very well.
    3- What's about Dai Viet's symbol
    I show you something about that. for example:
    - England and Sweden use cross symbol on their flags, but colours and positions of cross on the flags are different.
    - Germany and Poland use the eagles for their symbols, but Poland's eagle is white and Germany's eagle is black.
    So let's Chinese dragon to be red (Chinese likes red), and Dai Viet's dragon will be another colour (for example: yellow). That's all i want to say.
    Last edited by THANGDACLAC; June 23, 2009 at 06:25 AM.

As this picture, symbols of 3 Chinese faction are 3 Chinese hieroglyphics words.
    At first, I don't know what's DaiViet symbol, but now i think i know what it is.

It's only a thing to keep the brushs when you put it down on the table. Well, I think it isn't... "national" enough. (Hope you guys can understand my English )

Viet is ancestor of Thai, Mon, Chinese, Phillpinese, Japan???? the stupid video. Even I am Vietnamese, I can't accept that.

Whenever I watch every video about history or politics on youtube, almost I have to read many commentes write by someone stupid or hoodlum under video frame.

Too must nationalistic these days ! Last time I saw a video on youtube about the Korean , founder some civilization in middle east 5000 years ago This video do not represent the main stream of media in Vietnam, and I don't believe it neither !

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

Are u guys gonna include Degar/Montagnard/Highlander units for the Dai Viet? Theyd generally have more primitive technology but have better stamina and are better at hiding.

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)

It's been a while . How's far the progress ?, any news ?