Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Suggestions, Improvements and GC* Themes - General Discussion!

Citizen

Default Re: GC* Themes - General Discussion!

A pity.
    What are your thoughts on the next theme?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
    Hmmm, after browsing through the net for some pictures and looking how we can do this (beauty girl theme) I come to conclusion that this will be very hard theme and only few artists here would be able to submit good stuff. I would like to suggest postponing this for some time since last two themes was quite hard. We will have one easier theme for next week.
    Too bad, I was really looking forward to this one as I did not really like the two last theme's and didn't bother making an entry.
    | "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it." |

My Workshop |The Graphics Workshop| Critic's Quill |Imperium Graecorum

Guys this is just postponed, not abandoned. I'll need more time to find appropriate material (picture) for that.
    The House of Wilpuri ~ Proud Patron of: The Noble Lord & Sumskilz

Ah, it's all good then.

*hoping for next week*

TWC Son of the One and Only Abbews

Rebel Jeb's Avatar Mayo

Has there been a 'Guns' competition yet?

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

What about "Console war". That would be fun.
    We would be able to use any (more or less at least) games out there.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

Amiga, as in the computer company.. * remembers fondly *

Loading screens -for a random category.. with a pre set template?

vector graphics

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

How about Norse mythology? Everything from Norse mythology (<-- look at the bottom page) to trolls, nisser, valkeryies, Odin, (light and dark) elves, Jotuns(gigants), etc.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackleaf-Wille View Post
    How about Norse mythology? Everything from Norse mythology (<-- look at the bottom page) to trolls, nisser, valkeryies, Odin, (light and dark) elves, Jotuns(gigants), etc.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=281682

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

...yeah... but it's tooo general on the mythology. Only 2 of them are norse, and only gods of the Norse mythology. It is sooo much more cool and absurd characters to choose from! I still stand on my suggestion.

Even one of them got Odin packed with wings(wtf?), or Valkiyre(a female) heavily packed with horse steriodes. placed with a 19 century theater helmet
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; October 10, 2009 at 05:55 AM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.

This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

That's probably because most people who enter the GC's don't really care for Norse Mythology.
    That one is mine btw.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Last edited by Kjertesvein; October 10, 2009 at 06:15 AM.

What does that have to do with
    most people who enter the GC's

Guys how is going with Face Makeover?

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

i have absolutely no idea how to go about it, but i do have a rather desperate plan that i think i'm going to go with

Quote Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
    Guys how is going with Face Makeover?
    Working on it but it's very hard. The airbrushing isn't to much of a problem but actually changing the lips and stuff and make it look hot is incredibly difficult

TWC Son of the One and Only Abbews

Citizen

Same here. I went over the top with mine, but I'll upload it anyway.

i will try to find some time for photoshop

Quote Originally Posted by lolgast View Post
    Working on it but it's very hard. The airbrushing isn't to much of a problem but actually changing the lips and stuff and make it look hot is incredibly difficult
    It is harder than previous competitions but that makes it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fev View Post
    Same here. I went over the top with mine, but I'll upload it anyway.
    You still have time to work on it and change your submission before the Sunday.

Guys have in mind that you can reshape some parts of her face (nose, eyes, lips....) so some combination of plastic surgeon and makeup artist.

I was working on it last night and my wife saw it Next 15 minutes I was explaining that this is just for competition and nothing else. Next time we will have male face