Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: remake

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Default Re: remake

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilKnight View Post
    Rome 2, medieval 3, Space age(jkjk) in that order, asia is just such a dull place in warfare imo
    for space age you already have many games
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSantanero View Post
    I loved shogun: total war. It's my favourite period in time. The thing that I didnt like was the sub clan names, like Hattori, Honda, Matsudaira etc. They werent put under Their original powerful clan names. For example: Hattori, Honda, Matsudaira should be under Tokugawa, etc, etc. Some other names as well should be under their respected powerfull clans. I would like for CA to remake Shogun: Total War, with the Rome ground warfare battle engine and Empire: total war Naval warfare battle engine. Provinces should have 1 huge castle town surrounded by smaller castle towns that have a limit to upgrading level, just like in Rome: Total Realism. Therefore dividing the provinces into districts, which would make the gameplay longer in comparison. Subclans or units could have diferent colors for their banners, while having a huge banner of the Powerful clan that they are serving. For example: The Sanada Clan holding a red banner for The Sanada Clan, The units are Red by Default on the battlefield, but in movement points they have the Takeda's black banners. One thing also, a script should be made about declaring war on Korea, or at least make it like a subcampaign. The family trees should have the concubines included : ) with an "adopt option" or something like that. I'm sry for not being to specific, my english is average. I just hope you could visualize the way I think the game should be made.
    A couple of points if I may - Matsudaira were Tokugawa. Ieiasu was born Matsudaira Takechiyo and was a son of Imagawa Yoshimoto's vassal (Matsudaira were relatively weak). His adult name was a gift from Yoshimoto himself (Motoyasu - "peacemaker"). Motoyasu changed his name to Tokugawa Ieiasu (with imperial court's approval) in 1566.

The Hattori were not really a part of the Matsudaira, except for Hanzo (the most famous Hattori, incidentally) who was Matsudaira's vassal through his father, Yasunaga. Hattori clan's home was mountainous Iga.

I would keep all of them under Imagawa banner and make Tokugawa clan an emergent faction.

The Sanada were quite hard-done by Shingen but they were powerful Shinano daimyos in their own right. I would keep them as a separate clan to stem the expansion of the Takeda.

In general, I would base the campaign map on Nobunaga's Ambition 2 map, which was excellent and generally very close to historical reality.

Good points though! Sorry for being so drastically anal about details but Sengoku history is one of my major interests in life

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

great ideas guys! i also was wondering how come none of the other TW eras have the throne room like in shogun? i thought that was an awesome concept! i whole heartedly think a Shogun remake would do well!

The difference was in the campaign map in the early games like shogun and medieval(1). Terrain features were not represented and the movement system was province to adjacent province (unless you had built ports, and then you could use them like wormholes to transfer units from the east to the west, and from island to island). The movement system came in for a great deal of criticism because the system was so much like Risk. One needed to develop core provinces for training up high quality units, fortify and monitor border provinces, and, when the time was right, move stacks into one's border provinces to invade an adjacent hostile province - All very Risk-like.

A classic Japanese mod was supposed to be in the works for RTW. I wonder what happened to it. I once saw some graphics, and it looked great.

Galidorn's Avatar Laetus

They should do a 'Showgun II' and a 'City states of Greece' with naval battles and Qin conquest of china game.

showgun was so cool I loved the music and the sound and I totaly miss that old throne room interface was just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Agathon View Post
    A classic Japanese mod was supposed to be in the works for RTW. I wonder what happened to it. I once saw some graphics, and it looked great.
    When you mean "Ran no Jidai" itīs still in development. You can play only battles but there no campaign yet. Iīm curious if there will ever be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Galidorn View Post
    ... and I totaly miss that old throne room interface was just awesome.
    Indeed. A shame that we didnīt see it in any of the following games.
    Last edited by Xerrop; March 21, 2010 at 05:35 AM.

Emperor BLUBBS VII's Avatar Decanus

Nah, I think a Rome remake would be best. Shogun second
    Advance to Contact. Duffer Mod.

shogun able to play hotseat? =D

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor BLUBBS VII View Post
    Nah, I think a Rome remake would be best.
    Think about this; Would a Rome remake be better than what Europa Barbarorum 2 will be when it is completed?

I think it has now become clear that Shogun will be remade! Unless this is all an elaborate ruse, ofc.
    I can only say that I am overwhelmed with joy. Hope you can join me in congratulating CA on their excellent choice!

Let's not buy into the hype already eh.

Look at pc.ign.com for a 'mystery trailer' with original shogun music...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12