Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FKOC for Kingdoms - Now available; thanks to Shakesword

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: FKOC for Kingdoms - Now available; thanks to Shakesword

I have installed For king or country 1.5 for Kingdoms this morning from the first download link but im having problems. The game starts ok and loads but when it gets to the choose units screen you cannot pick your forces for any side as there are no cards visible. I bought Kingdoms because I want to install a few mods for it but I don’t want to lose FKOC because I really enjoy playing it.
    Id be very grateful for some help. Thanks

Please ignore the above I Just found out what was wrong. I didn’t realise that the period was set to early and when I changed it to all they were there. Thanks again to everyone for this great mod
    Last edited by nigelnire; March 04, 2009 at 11:17 AM.

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Can someone who has “For King or Country" installed for Kingdoms please tell me if you have Banners in the game?
    Its running fine for me but I really miss the banners. I have tried all these configurations in the cfg file but to no avail.

show_banners = 1
    show_banners = 2
    show_banners = yes
    show_banners = true
    show_banners = false

Marcus Bestia's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by nigelnire View Post
    Can someone who has “For King or Country" installed for Kingdoms please tell me if you have Banners in the game?
    Its running fine for me but I really miss the banners. I have tried all these configurations in the cfg file but to no avail.

show_banners = 1
    show_banners = 2
    show_banners = yes
    show_banners = true
    show_banners = false
    type "0" for false or "1" for true, so if you want to see banners, type "show_banners = 1" . there is no such thing like "2" for false\true categories
    Last edited by Marcus Bestia; March 09, 2009 at 06:58 AM.

Icon9 Re: FKOC for Kingdoms - Now available; thanks to Shakesword

hi

installed this but crashes with unspecified error and a nasty hang that i have to use ctrl alt delete to get rid of.

i have 1.03 version med war 2 and kingdoms 1.5. purchased via steam. im on vista 64 and 1x295 with 185.20 drivers.

any ideas? would love to have a go at this mod looks really cool.

Horatio's Avatar Civis

I installed it yesterday for the first time, and must say i'm really impressed about this mod.
    Love the music, the units, the Generals, the events,...

Bravo for this !

I'm dying to play this mod, but every time I click on the .bat to run it, I get the Steam page, when I hit play I only get the option to play MWII, MWII Custom mod or Kingdoms - there is no sign of FKOC. It's installed in /Steamapps/Common/Medieval War 2....

I have MWII 1.03, and Kingdoms 1.5. (via Steam) I use Vista.

I'm dying to have a crack at this mod, it looks amazing, so any help gratefully received!

Believe me guys that I DO want help you BUT can't cause I never use steam version.

But as far as I know in steam you have a different folder structure, so at least one bug is obvious - when you run the package with FKOC you'd probably unpack it in wrong place. In the retail version of M2TW the mods folder located in "Program Files\SEGA\Medieval 2" so you should find the correct folder for mods in steam and move the FKOC folder (look for it in "Program Files\SEGA\Medieval 2\mods\for_king_or_country\") from its default location to the new one.

And I guess you should also edit the bat and configuration (for_king_or_country.cfg) files to point the new directions for the program. Both of them located in the original FKOC folder (mods\for_king_or_country\) so if you move it you also move the files.

Hope it helps. But if not I recommend to search the forum to similar problems with other mods compatibility with steam. Once you've find any information report it here.

hurray this mod rocks!

steam rears its ugly little head and causes problems yet again.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Any chance for another download link. Ive been trying the filefactory one but it always tells me there are no free download slots. Ive been having the same problem for the last 3 days.

The only mirror I could easily provide is rapidshare service. BUT this is the most questionable service if you ask me.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Downloading right now. Ty for your effort shakesword!

Quote Originally Posted by shakesword View Post
    Believe me guys that I DO want help you BUT can't cause I never use steam version.

But as far as I know in steam you have a different folder structure, so at least one bug is obvious - when you run the package with FKOC you'd probably unpack it in wrong place. In the retail version of M2TW the mods folder located in "Program Files\SEGA\Medieval 2" so you should find the correct folder for mods in steam and move the FKOC folder (look for it in "Program Files\SEGA\Medieval 2\mods\for_king_or_country\") from its default location to the new one.

And I guess you should also edit the bat and configuration (for_king_or_country.cfg) files to point the new directions for the program. Both of them located in the original FKOC folder (mods\for_king_or_country\) so if you move it you also move the files.

Hope it helps. But if not I recommend to search the forum to similar problems with other mods compatibility with steam. Once you've find any information report it here.
    Thanks for the reply - I'm going to have a play around and see if I can follow your advice.

SteveUK's Avatar Foederatus

Using Kingdoms 1.5 on Vista 32 (no UAC). The game frequently crashes when loading a battle. The last time it happened I was playing the Cavaliers and the King was involved. No other mods installed and also it does not seem to save? The same problem also occured while playing the parlimentary forces.
    Any fix for this would be great as being English...I prefer 'reliving' our history over others.
    Other mods I have had no problems with are Stainless Steel, Retrofit, Rusichi plus various BAI and CAI mod files and other enhancements.
    I did note after crashing that the screen was a standard size and I play using widescreen? I know that is probably not the problem (as some battles play perfectly), but just thought I would mention it.

Marcus Bestia's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by SteveUK View Post
    Using Kingdoms 1.5 on Vista 32 (no UAC). The game frequently crashes when loading a battle. The last time it happened I was playing the Cavaliers and the King was involved. No other mods installed and also it does not seem to save? The same problem also occured while playing the parlimentary forces.
    Any fix for this would be great as being English...I prefer 'reliving' our history over others.
    Other mods I have had no problems with are Stainless Steel, Retrofit, Rusichi plus various BAI and CAI mod files and other enhancements.
    I did note after crashing that the screen was a standard size and I play using widescreen? I know that is probably not the problem (as some battles play perfectly), but just thought I would mention it.
    i had same problem as you, same system. loading battle lead to ctd everytime king or heir was on the battlefield. i did not resolve this, so my campaign stayed unfinished. have no help for you, sorry

SteveUK's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Bestia View Post
    i had same problem as you, same system. loading battle lead to ctd everytime king or heir was on the battlefield. i did not resolve this, so my campaign stayed unfinished. have no help for you, sorry
    Yes it's a shame as this seems a really good mod. Maybe AlphaDelta will convert it at some stage although I do not think he owns Kingdoms. The annoying thing is that there are so many talented modders on these forums who could solve the problem but have their own projects to attend to .
    Anyway, I live in hope that this will be fixed eventually.

Laetus

Had the same problem - crashing when a faction leader / heir in a battle. I found that the solution is don't play this version of FKOC, instead download the non-Kingdoms version, and put in the original MTW2 play cd. Mod now works fine. By far this is the best TW game ever. Any chance of a Thirty Years War version...please!

Decanus

hey the FOKC for kingdoms crashing for me too....can i install the FOKC v 1.5 for MTW2 in MTW2 folder....will it run then

Decanus

well i tried to install the FOKC 1.5 on my MTW patched upto kingdoms 1.5 n it didnt worked......plz tell me how to install FOKC for kingdoms without modifying my retrofit mod

EDIT: Well i can play the game now but i too have the same faction leader/heir problem as abv...plz someone solve this prb...cant play the game like that...i always use my king n prince in battles....
    Last edited by aqua; May 18, 2009 at 08:37 AM.