Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: sparta_total_war_III, screenies thread.

Default Re: sparta_total_war_III, screenies thread.

athenians + unit cards...

Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

amazing, cant wait

thanks, i don’t think you will need to wait long, just the map and some coding [cultures] to do.

the xgm bodyguard shown above are so nice in-game, they are like ancient nights.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Kleomenis's Avatar Semisalis

very beautiful units and i love the Athenian banner! Goddess Athena is a great thought!

thanks kleo'

looks like no screenies this month my bandwidth has been exceeded apparently. i deleted a load of files, so i think its just a way to try to get me to pay ~ but i aint gonna pay.

still you all know what you will get by now

try www.imagehost.org quetzl , i think it's pretty good

thanks theo, i think the advertising is being pulled so they are all trying to get money out of us, it just aint gonna happen though. any future screens i shall upload direct here. most of it is done though, i just been searching for stuff and found a really nice site for persian armour, shields etc, so i will update the persians a bit ~ oh and i have made all new cards for them too.

i also made new cards for the aetolians as i reskinned the whole faction. i guess people will just have to be pleasantly surprised when they get the mod.

i have made a new persian banner, unfortunately game is dumb, it shows a white transparent sheen around the banner when selected, but only if you are playing as persia. what i have done is ~ and this will be in the readme; if you are not playing as the persians you can give the persians the new banner with no problem simply by using my skinflip thingy. in the banners txt you will find the link to persian banners looks like this....

faction parthia
    standard_texture models/textures/standard_persia.tga
    ;standard_texture models/textures/standard_persia_2.tga [the new banner]

simply move the semi-colon from ‘standard_persia_2.tga’ over to the ‘ standard_persia.tga’

you will then see the new banners in battle.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

awesome work Quetz. can you do anything similar for the rest of the factions till we have the map done?
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

Nice job quetzl !

And yes !! Finally ! If all goes well , all i need to do is some extra coding id descr_strat and the map will be done ^^

yea some of them could do with a little work on them, i shall stick to the vanilla shape though or at fill fill the space up. it may look good to have a big banner with two small ones either side with symbols or writing on them.

shall we add some rebel units? ...for the reb cities. i supose we need the finished map for that.

edit; great job theo!

I thought that after releasing Darth mod no other mod will be my favourite but after watching these screenies,you guys bought me totally!

thanks mikoli, with 8 greek factions the screenies barely touch on all the graphics on offer, so i hope you will be pleasantly surprised when it is finished in a couple of weeks time.

the units are all done now, so all i am doing is remaking some of the standards/banners and touching things up a bit.

good news! this mod seems promising.

Macedonia was,is and will always be Hellenic.
    it is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

awesome units and screenshots, cant wait to play this mod
    Last edited by Finch; March 15, 2009 at 11:51 PM.

Shouldn't take too long anymore The main subject is now the map , but i have exams next week , so release could be either next week , or after exams .. i'll try to do it as fast as posibble guys

exams are much more important mate, forget this until u r done, unless it serves as a distraction.

here’s the new corinthian standard/banner

is ok? or could i have decorated it a little more.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Quote Originally Posted by KingTheoden1 View Post
    Shouldn't take too long anymore The main subject is now the map , but i have exams next week , so release could be either next week , or after exams .. i'll try to do it as fast as posibble guys
    good luck with your exams mate we will have to start beta testing it again before we release it in public
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    exams are much more important mate, forget this until u r done, unless it serves as a distraction.

here’s the new corinthian standard/banner

is ok? or could i have decorated it a little more.
    it is very nice Quetz
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

thanks agi, i was unsure about the pegasus but i used the other variant on the elite hoplite shield. i will redo the cretan one slightly and maybe some others.

we can beta test for a few days then release, any probs we can update.

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

Aweswome to say the least
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'