Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CTD Fix version 2-updated

Default Re: CTD Fix version 2-updated

I downloaded this update and copied the files for the modswitch version, however when playing as Rome I occasionally get a CTD with the error message:

descr_model_battle.txt
    line 1848,column 1 must add at least one flexi skin model to a declared model group.

I have had this error message while playing against both the Gauls and Carthaginians. I would have my Roman legion fight one Carthaginian army and it would be OK, but then against another I would get this message. I looked at the file but I can't find which line is 1848 or what unit this is pertaining to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really enjoy this game and appreciate the hard work you guys have put into this.

Thank you,

_Wontom

Go to Rome - Total War\RTRPE\data and open the file descr_model_battle. Look for this entry:
    Code:
    type				roman_velite
    skeleton			fs_fast_javelinman,  fs_fast_swordsman
    indiv_range			40
    texture				romans_julii, RTRPE/data/RTR/models_unit/textures/rome_velite.tga
    texture				romans_brutii, RTRPE/data/RTR/models_unit/textures/rome_velite.tga
    texture				romans_scipii, RTRPE/data/RTR/models_unit/textures/rome_velite.tga
    slave				slave, RTRPE/data/RTR/models_unit/textures/rome_velite.tga
    texture				merc, RTRPE/data/RTR/models_unit/textures/aor_italy_velite.tga
    model_flexi					RTRPE/data/RTR/models_unit/rome_velite_high.cas, 8
    model_flexi					RTRPE/data/RTR/models_unit/rome_velite_med.cas, 15
    model_flexi					RTRPE/data/RTR/models_unit/rome_velite_low.cas, 30
    model_flexi					RTRPE/data/RTR/models_unit/rome_velite_lowest.cas, max
    model_sprite		60.0, RTRPE/data/RTR/sprites/roman_velite_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		romans_scipii, 60.0, RTRPE/data/RTR/sprites/rome_velite_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		romans_brutii, 60.0, RTRPE/data/RTR/sprites/rome_velite_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		romans_julii, 60.0, RTRPE/data/RTR/sprites/rome_velite_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		slave, 60.0, RTRPE/data/RTR/sprites/rome_velite_sprite.spr
    model_tri			400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    and replace this part:
    Code:
    slave				slave, RTRPE/data/RTR/models_unit/textures/rome_velite.tga
    with this:
    Code:
    texture				slave, RTRPE/data/RTR/models_unit/textures/rome_velite.tga
    Save the file, exit it and start the game again. Also, before doing all of this make a backup of the file and your saved games, just in case you screw anything.

Worked, thanks for your help.

_Wontom

Hi, I been reading these forums for a while now and have finally decided to jump in and register. Hello All!

I am having issues downloading this fix. I have Vista Premium 64bit, and have the modswitch version. When I click on the download it says it is a RAR file and asks what should firefox do with it? Rather "open with" or "save file." I tried both but it doesnt let me send it to RTRPE.. Any suggestions?

A rar file should be downloaded and extracted with winrar.

Lethal Jakkson's Avatar Civis

i downloaded the fix but its just a blank programe I'm using vista thats probly why but what programe would i need to read this, am stuck on 262 bc as Rome btw
    Working for myself for 3years and still finding time to play Total War

"power down now. Have your crew step out or we will kill you!" -
    Conl Sharp (Transformers)
    "wh
    at you talkin 'bout willis?"
    -Gary Coleman aka Arnold Jackson (Diff'rent Strokes)

It`s a rar archive iirc.
    About that date. That`s a bit early to get a crash. Are you sure you don`t have a different language version than english? There was an issue with some of those.

Lethal Jakkson's Avatar Civis

nah its 261bc my bad got the date wrong, when i 1st used rtr p i could aviod ctds by attacking diffrently, moving diffrent characters etc and b4 i got m2tw in a silly campagin where i cheated and took half the med terratories in 1 turn wipping out carthage and so skipping the ctd

(sorry for any spelling errors)
    Working for myself for 3years and still finding time to play Total War

"power down now. Have your crew step out or we will kill you!" -
    Conl Sharp (Transformers)
    "wh
    at you talkin 'bout willis?"
    -Gary Coleman aka Arnold Jackson (Diff'rent Strokes)

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Jakkson View Post
    nah its 261bc my bad got the date wrong, when i 1st used rtr p i could aviod ctds by attacking diffrently, moving diffrent characters etc and b4 i got m2tw in a silly campagin where i cheated and took half the med terratories in 1 turn wipping out carthage and so skipping the ctd

(sorry for any spelling errors)
    Search for and find RAR on the webbie! try WinRAR......

Hi i downloaded the fix, tryed em both but still i get this error
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woGCSDYhtuY

The UI folder contained in the CTD-fix, is this supposed to replace the entire UI folder. Or am I supposed to replace the individual files in the current UI folder in their various subdirectories, with the ones contained in the CTD-fix UI folder?

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Killzone150 View Post
    The UI folder contained in the CTD-fix, is this supposed to replace the entire UI folder. Or am I supposed to replace the individual files in the current UI folder in their various subdirectories, with the ones contained in the CTD-fix UI folder?
    Welcome to the boards!

It's easy. Just drag that folder into the data directory and it'll automatically (once you click "yes") overwrite the relevant files.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Thanks for your reply, but I should have been more clear.

Prior to installing the CTD-fix the UI/unit_info folder contains subdirectories for each race. The UI/units folder also contains subdirectories for each race.

If I follow the installation instructions exactly, the replacement UI files do NOT replace any files, they go directly into the UI/unit_info and UI/units folders as loose files.

For instance, one of the replacement files for the unit_info folder is a file named RTR_BACTRIA_PELTAST_INFO.TGA

If I follow the installation instructions exactly, this file goes into the UI/unit_info folder as a loose file. It does NOT replace the same named file in the UI/unit_info/thrace subdirectory.

After installation I have two RTR_BACTRIA_PELTAST_INFO.TGA files, one that is in the UI/unit_info folder and another in the UI/unit_info/thrace folder.

Is this correct? I hope this is clear.
    Last edited by Killzone150; October 20, 2009 at 11:08 PM.

*blinks* Oh, I see. *downloads both patches*

Ok, I understand what's going on now. Copy all of those files to each of the folders, overwriting with abandon. Those are the revolt units' cards and info cards. You don't really need them for it to work, but it'll look better if you have them.

{shameless self-promotion}My mod has this built in, and the next version (coming out this weekend or sooner) will have an additional CTD fix involving extra merc units that the RTR VII team told me how to do.{/shamelessness}
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I should have looked at the files more closely. When I overwrote the the files I found they were the exact same files anyway, so I just added them loose in the main directory as well.

Actually, I might ask you for some guidance. I have RTW, not the BI expansion pack. I played this mod a year or two ago and enjoyed it and decided to run it out again, while I waited to get Medievil II and Kingdoms. I think I played the Gold version of Realism or possibly even the version before that. but I dont remember the AI being quite as dumb as I have found it now.

Im playing Macedonia, starting my 6th turn and already have 19 provinces including all the Greek cities on the mainland and Kydonia, Hierapytna, Rhodes, Halicanassus & Terentum.

The worst example of the AI fighting was when I was attacking Antigonea who had about 900 reasonably good troops with 700 of mine. While I was waiting for my seige tower to build a lone Greek elite pelt unit attacked me and all the defenders came out as reinforcements. I started my defence on a huge steep hill with the Greek pelt unit and its General and it got anihilated in about 10 seconds. The reinforcing General charged up the hill and was exhausted by the time it reached me and it too was annihilated in seconds. Long story short, I wiped out the entire force of over 900 men and strode into an empty enemy town having lost 6 men.

I enjoy the campaign setting of this mod, and have read somewhere that the BI EP provides better AI. Is it significantly better? If so it might be worth purchasing as I want to do this campaign but with a bit smarter opponent.

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I should have looked at the files more closely. When I overwrote the the files I found they were the exact same files anyway, so I just added them loose in the main directory as well.
    Some of them are the same, but the key is that the whole lot of them needs to be in every single folder.

Actually, I might ask you for some guidance. I have RTW, not the BI expansion pack. I played this mod a year or two ago and enjoyed it and decided to run it out again, while I waited to get Medievil II and Kingdoms. I think I played the Gold version of Realism or possibly even the version before that. but I dont remember the AI being quite as dumb as I have found it now.

Im playing Macedonia, starting my 6th turn and already have 19 provinces including all the Greek cities on the mainland and Kydonia, Hierapytna, Rhodes, Halicanassus & Terentum.

The worst example of the AI fighting was when I was attacking Antigonea who had about 900 reasonably good troops with 700 of mine. While I was waiting for my seige tower to build a lone Greek elite pelt unit attacked me and all the defenders came out as reinforcements. I started my defence on a huge steep hill with the Greek pelt unit and its General and it got anihilated in about 10 seconds. The reinforcing General charged up the hill and was exhausted by the time it reached me and it too was annihilated in seconds. Long story short, I wiped out the entire force of over 900 men and strode into an empty enemy town having lost 6 men.

I enjoy the campaign setting of this mod, and have read somewhere that the BI EP provides better AI. Is it significantly better? If so it might be worth purchasing as I want to do this campaign but with a bit smarter opponent.
    It is better, but I've heard Alexander gives an even better strategic AI. Many mods (with minor modifications) can be played in Alexander, and some are designed for it. This one (and mine! ) is one that should work under Alex.exe.

The AI does stupid stuff like that sometimes. On what campaign difficulty are you?

Also, does RTRPE use Sinhuet's formations? I find his to be better at keeping the enemy army in a battle line than Darth's. I've actually modified them a little so the general is more likely to stay back, too (I think--I'm not a formations expert, but it does seem to work). Also, I think the enemy general charges less if it has only one primary hitpoint.

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Last edited by boofhead; December 03, 2009 at 08:21 PM.

debux's Avatar Senator

Is my problem, or RTR doesn't play any music, excepting for a battle one playing for carthage? If I'm not the only one, have you guys tried adding music?

That's odd. Are you playing the ExRM by any chance? Earlier versions didn't have music due to an oversight on my part, but that's been corrected. It's easy enough to add in, though. There are lots of RTW music mods.

No, he`s playing the vanilla modswitch version of rtrpe.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...56#post6534156

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast