Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MA - Suggestions, Comments, Discussion

Default Re: MA - Suggestions, Comments, Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Roman_Man#3 View Post
    There are many problems with the 12 TPY script that has been released, but I'm hoping to fix this soon.
    Fair enough. I'm not sure if I'll wait though. I'm eagerly waiting to proceed with my AAR. Cheers though.

"Wow" is all I can say! I've always been a sucker for the Alexander Expansion pack (The historical battle of Gaugamela was without a doubt my most enjoyable experience in TW) and I love the direction this mod is taking. The scope of MA really gives justice to Alexander conquests!

Thanks Wait till you see what we have in store for you in the next version.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Hakomar's Avatar Ordinarius

Yes, I don't know if this has been mentioned before but here goes:
    I think it would be nice if you scripted some money for Persia. With all its masssive armies, it cannot maintain them, and goes into the negative, essentially rendering the town riches building useless, because it is never built.
    It is up to you, but some people may want a reskin, and addition of new units.
    AoR units, apart from mercenaries.
    Different hoplites, instead of being in a phalanx, in the classical position, whether underhand or overhand, I do not care. Maybe the Theban Sacred Band could be used on the phalanx attribute with short pikes.
    More family members to replace the generals bodyguard that is garrisoned in most persian towns, it is a repitive process going inand killing them or auto-resolving and loosing more men then need be.
    I think if you wanted, to rename some of the units. Such as putting in pezhetaroi, argyraspides, and not so weak hypaspistai (spelling?).
    Rest in peace, Calvin.
    (28th April, 1975 - 28th October, 2009)

Ugh I really wanted to see this mod released, great period plus units and campaign map looked awesome. In any case courage RM3 as the french would say, and I hope posting this won't be proved futile:
    The Persian Army: An important element of the reformed persian armies would be the Kardaka: Soldiers that would be trained in Greek style with full Greek armor (plus trousers!) including hoplon and sarissa pikes, albeit perhaps with less esprit de corps (damn I'm using alot of italics) which would lead to less striking power and morale. Also, Persian cavalry of the time was becoming heavier, and the Empire produced excellent units of cataphracts and cuirassiers. Epilektoi greek soldiers were also recruited by satraps from Asia Minor (recruiting grounds were vassal states or those which could not afford to maintain their citizen armies). The Takabara were usually armed with spears like the sparabara although some were equipped with axes, depending on their origins. I agree with previous ideas for the Immortals (low recruitment cost and high upkeep) plus the garment of Darius III's reign was purple with a white band down the centre, so Immortals would be mainly clad in these colours and the traditional saffron. However I think the bow and spear mix was a bit awkward and it would be better to have multiple Immortal units with different weapons (archers, spearmen...) it's a shame there can be no limitations in rtw for the number of a certain unit to be recruited (such as a limit to ten of the number of maximum immortals fielded). In any case aor for these units would be great, with kardaka and takabara recruitable almost anywhere (save Persia and Greece), Egyptian marines perhaps, the best cavalry from the north-east, phalanxes from the far west, Indians from the east, Sparabara from Persia and Media, etc...
    In terms of cities themselves perhaps lots of financial drain from corruption, and lots of unrest following dissillusionment and the gradual crumbling of the Empire from the inside. <Pant>

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

Uhmmmm. I kinda felt like Apu did while reading about this mod...

No offense or anything. Lol. I'm sure it's a fine mod.

Emperor Taylor I's Avatar Libertus

Great mod really improves rome total war alexander

Emperor Taylor I's Avatar Libertus

i would like to report a bug . the game crashes when you click on the city sidon . every time i do it the game crashes

If you download the patch that should be fixed.

I am working on new greek mercenary infantry and greek mercenary officers for the persians but i want to keep the rebel version like it is. good idea? Here is a preview:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Sorry for my English...

top 10 favourite mods: RTRVII, RSII, 300WOS, LOTRTW, FATW, HCT, EB, ROP, ARISTEIA, IBFD

I'd like to suggest, start with Phillip and before his campaign to unite greece. Make his murder a scripted event then alexander rises, triggered after thebes and the sacred band is defeated or something like that, or if all greek factions are beaten, or by the time alexander is 20.

Update and improve all the hokey color coded vanilla units.

Adjust the moral, training, and combat attack and defense stats to reflect say rr/rc.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

News ?
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Expect something new soon guys!

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Very good
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Perdiccas_Nile's Avatar Libertus

In my view it would be great if the Mod begins with the assassination of Phillip.
    On the second turn Alexander ascends the throne.
    The map should go as far west as the pillars of herakles and as far east as the Hydaspes river or even a bit further...

Also some other thoughts:
    - The skin for Alexanders horse could be different from the rest of the other horses in his unit. Darker and more muscular.
    - The factions of Arabia, Carthage, Sicily and Rome should be historically accurate
    - In Alexanders retinue there should be Callisthenes (his historians)
    - The persian fleet should be present and its numbers historically accurate

Is it possible to assign characters to lead infrantry units? Like for instance, Perdiccas commanded the i think, 8th brigade of pzetharoi in Alexanders army.
    (so each unit could be led by a character that grew older and gained traits and command talent?)

Just some ideas...
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS MOD, ANYTHING I CAN DO LET ME KNOW

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

I take back my words, it's not dead.
    Who would've guessed?

If you could use elements from the Rise of Persia and Roma Surrectum 2 Mods, you could get this done pretty fast and looking great. ROP could have Macedon before Phillip started to change the army. This could be like what Roma Surrectum 2 has, a late hidden development construction to be able to recruit the good units.

Persia could borrow the immortal troops, and immortal calvary from ROP, the sparabara and takabara from ROP and or RS2, where ROP could be a early version and the RS ones later versions. Units can be mixed and matched with many of the later macedonian units being taken from RS2, but you can get plenty of the persian units from it as well. ROP is making a newer larger map, the map they have as it is, is pretty good for the time period but the new one looks even better.

Also, as for Money, RS2 does a great job of income bonus and structures, plus some homeland bonuses that represent a large financial hit if lost.

You could add the greek factions of sparta, athens, syacuse and thebes, then some thracean tribes, illyrian pirates and merc units, scythians for sure, since the persians had lots of trouble with them, cyrenica, some india tribes,

Also, why be stuck with using alexander? If you can make ROP with ROME and RS2 with BI, you can make a good alexander with either and include historical factions as well as a playable persia.
    Last edited by Cincinatus; January 27, 2011 at 06:32 PM.

prdude1234's Avatar Biarchus

Make it so it will run on the BI.exe or RTW vanilla exe. PLEASE!!! ):

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by prdude1234 View Post
    Make it so it will run on the BI.exe or RTW vanilla exe. PLEASE!!! ):
    Are you nut? It's mod based on Alexander the Great's conquest... duh. 'Nuff said why it should stay as it is?

MarkusAntonius's Avatar Tiro

what's up people i have some good news. few days ago i was playing alexander. but the vanilla is too inaccurate for me. so i found this mod the only about alexander campaigns. it's a great mod but need many things yet. so i made some changes in my own. i've added the RS2 enviroments,toghetter with a few skins that i found,the round city models, some symbols,flags that still a little diferent but doesn't matter. so this mod became good at least for me. i will make more things here and i will post a Data for download here. this mod is great don't let it down. i will be back soon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast