Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Norway?

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: Norway?

This is the most boring arguement EVER! I do however think that Megaknut is being very childish... I also lol'd at how norwegian teachers need to be biased against everyone else to be accurate, because history isn't about looking at things from an unbiased view, is it?
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Well, he just tried to get Norway in ... why not.

His views on history are a complete other question.

Guys, please do not start here another political thread in direction of personal attacks, then i'll close it instantly.

Also, you people should know, that ChivTW is a work started seriously in 2005. A lot historical research was done already, as major overhaules were provided in 2006 (version 0.50 and version 0.6x).
    Since this year 2006, the mod gets ammendments in several aspects (though a lot), but the basic design won't change, ie. in regard of the chosen factions ... (although we exchanged already the Rum-Seljuks for the NovgorodRus, and this was indeed a very good choice in several apects).

Open was really only at last, if we put in a crusader faction for the additional camp 'The Crusader Epoche'.
    Last edited by DaVinci; January 07, 2009 at 12:12 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by rkid3 View Post
    This is the most boring arguement EVER! I do however think that Megaknut is being very childish... I also lol'd at how norwegian teachers need to be biased against everyone else to be accurate, because history isn't about looking at things from an unbiased view, is it?
    Well, im sorry to hear that my arguement was the most boring one for you ever. Thought, as you fail to explain why i am left clueless of why you state something like that and also that i'm childish. explain yourself?
    Also, I were not talking about Norwegian history teachers, but simply history teacher's in general and their lack to present a true picture of history because that conflicting with their timeframes and things "ordered" to be thaught by the government.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci
    Basicly to such a theme in a broader sense:

Times, they are a changing. Nobody can stop this movement of or within the human history. It is a normal process. And you can consider it as the evolution of the humanity. To look always back, and make claims, that everything was better in the past times, cultures and history of a country makes no sense and is also untrue, or in other words: a naive romantic thinking (but therefore we have just our games, movies, museums and books of and about the old times to "travelling" a bit back in our thoughts ... in the end though, i would say, true is, the life of a common human was never better than todays, as long he lives not in the Sahel zone or elsewhere, where people die every minute due to hunger (or terror ... or you can't make up a proper living due to limited possiblities or you are hunted/tortured by the government due to your political thinking/acting ie. against a gruesome dictatorship).

You yourself had the luck, that you were born into a rich and pieceful country. It is not something you (or somebody else) have "deserved or worked" for ... it is what it is: a big luck, the universum was simply good to you!

What would you do, if you were born in for example the Sahel zone ... die eventually very soon or instantly after your birth ... . Is this something the people in those earth-zones have deserved because they are a bad kind of humans?

Think about it?

And, i agree, globally and in the longterm, the humanity has only a further chance in the future, if a certain thinking grows: we are one world, we are one humanity, and we have only this one earth. (An extra-terrial emigration/colonisation to another planet, if overall possible, would be only an option for a handful of humans anyway).
    Globalisation means not by necessarity, that a local culture dies. Human evolution means also (-> globalisation is a strong part of that), that a property, that makes no longer a sense for the survival in the deeper sense, simply changes (if good or not, we can't stop that). That was always the case, and can never be stopped really ... some people only need longer to understand the inevitable process of evolution and its change. To conserve everything that is now reality (or was somewhere in the past), is not possible, at least not for all times. And also, to conserve certain things by all means ie. for a limited group of people, has a high conflict potencial, and in the end can only lead to terror, war or other similar "uncomfortable" things ...

Yes, this movement can be stopped through cultural segregation, and does all normal processes need to go through? Just because something is "normal" doesn't mean that it should be good?
    Have we not stopped viruses, plagues that occured out of "normal and natural" reasons, in order to survive? I have never ever said that anything was better in the past time, thought I am quite confident that I would have to say something like that in the future if nothing happens.
    I highly disagree with you when you say that this is a "naive" romantic thinking.
    So the destruction of culture is not something taken in consideration when you are talking about being "hunted by government" etc. The only thing that matters is the human life and survival, not the human minds and their mental values?
    Yes, I am lucky that I was born in Norway and not f.ex the "Sahel zone".
    Thought, saying that it is not deserved or worked for is untrue.
    The universe has not simply been good to me. Nothing happens by chance.
    Things change and happen because of human effort and desire for the creation of something better, or worse. My ancestors has since the dawn of time struggled for independence and peace, to rid themselves of being controlled by tyrans and dictators and far away kings.

What I would do if I were born in f.ex the Sahel zone is impossible to imagine. I would hope that I would have enough courage and strength to fight against the odds and try to create a better place for myself and my countrymen, thought I highly doubt that I actually would be able to do this.

No! of course nobody deserves to live in conditions like that, thought these people are not the one's flocking into my country- They are unskilled and unmotivated not helping us at all with the current lack of labor in the health sector. These you are talking about are simply too poor and unable to travel to "better fields". It is not right to claim citizenship in a country, only to insist of implenting their own culture above our culture and create their own "mini-country" inside ours.
    If i were to decide to live and work in f.ex Iraq, I would not do so expecting Iraq to be like Norway, wanting to change their ways of life and culture to fit me better so that I might experience "Norway" in Iraq, I would be certain to try as best as i could to merge into their culture and their way of life, and accept that...if not I were not to go to some place like that.
    Last edited by megaknut; January 07, 2009 at 05:16 PM.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    The thread is quite offtopic since i answered with post #4, why Norway isn't a faction in ChivTW, and won't be.

As long the ToS are considered, i've no problem with this thread, and is just kept open.

that's fine with me, i've been used to the gameforge forums wich is pretty...uhmm....well, sticked to the rules, going oftopic? closed!

Patrician Artifex

100% offtopic is here in this thread of course everything that has not to do with medieval history, but as long it won't be very annoying (or really hurts the ToS), i see no important reason to stop the conversation
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

100% offtopic is here in this thread of course everything that has not to do with medieval history, but as long it won't be very annoying (or really hurts the ToS), i see no important reason to stop the conversation
    if we look at it another way, we can say that this is highly on topic because we this discussion has evolved into discussion on modern terms based on medieval history etc. ;P

Did you know Mr. MegaKNUT, that king KNUT was danish? also please try and speak english that makes some sense as your post above, makes none.

you, altough you are British, sound like a typical American, thinking EVERYONE can speak English perfectly.

if this conversation does not suit you, please get out of it!

Yes, i do know that Knud/Knut the great was danish. Im very thankful for youre superb research thought, not everyone knows that, thought i fail to see your point.

Over to my english skill, well...ive lived in the U.S for 1 year and in Scotland for half a year and i've never once met anyone who has commented on my lack of skill in English, quite the opposite. What strikes me thought, is that you who proclaim "proud to be british" (so therefor i take it you actually are british, not just sporting around with it), should be the one who is most skilled in the language, being that it is your native language. But somehow you're the only one that has commented on me like that...which is kinda sad, atleast for an englishman.

You've still failed to elaborate your previous posts here, and it would be nice if you could do something like that instead of letting your proud "britishness" attack my lingual skill.
    Last edited by megaknut; January 10, 2009 at 09:57 AM.

delete this reply

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

Ya rkid your great at English lol. Direct qoute from your sig:
    Pround to be British!
    Not quite sure what pround is...

also notice how the helmets of the soldiers on his picture are CLEARLY German! (and if i'm right that's German infantry advancing there lol, altough i shouldn't "lol" with WWII)

Also the massive black and white german cross in the middle

Patrician Artifex

Lol ... i knew it'll provide still amusement, this thread ... finest forum comedy

lol just realised that. pround, hmm... and the sig has german soldiers on because it was made when i was playing in the 53rd Panzer-Korps-Division "Grossdeutschland" at www.bfewaw.com- and FH2 tournament. If this rubbish forum would show it properly it has my clan crest on it http://www.jillsjottings.orconhostin...dy%20Crest.jpgand it says rkid3.

Also, my chivalrytw doesn't work, at least, it starts up normally but crashes when i start a campaign.

And finally, how do i sound American? My post clearly says that i do not think everyone speaks english perfectly, i was only commenting that if you are on an english forum, you should try and speak english that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post
    also notice how the helmets of the soldiers on his picture are CLEARLY German! (and if i'm right that's German infantry advancing there lol, altough i shouldn't "lol" with WWII)
    Thats a TANK. It's a large metal object tha runs on tracks and has a large gun on it.
    And why shouldn't you lol at WWII? Genocide lol(and if i'm right that's genocide lol, altough i shouldn't "lol" with WWII)
    Last edited by René Artois; January 11, 2009 at 06:07 AM.

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

Thats a TANK. It's a large metal object tha runs on tracks and has a large gun on it.
    And why shouldn't you lol at WWII? lots of people died, mostly jews, i think thats pretty funny.
    I think genocide is pretty much the worst thing possible, and it wasnt just jews being killed.

Obviously can't understand the joke, i'll make it easier.
    hint: if you think you shouldn't "lol" at something, don't "lol" at it.

Guys, please do not start here another political thread in direction of personal attacks, then i'll close it instantly.

And why shouldn't you lol at WWII? Genocide lol(and if i'm right that's genocide lol, altough i shouldn't "lol" with WWII)

read Davinci's profile and learn a wise lesson from him; WWII IS NOT SOMETHING TO LAUGH WITH! YOU ARE HAPPY YOU AREN'T DESCENDED OF ONE OF THOSE 6-10 MILLION PEOPLE WHO DIED BECAUSE OF HITLER (not the Germans, no insults on them, what happened 60 years ago is history)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast