Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23486364656667686970717273
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1455

Thread: Screenshot thread

Default Re: Screenshot thread

Cool, may I suggest getting some colonies in Mesocala or defeating those barbarians way down south?

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

I was thinking of capturing territories and gifting them to my allies to hold. Maybe splitting mesocala between the Faustian Reich and Teutonic Order(would have been Dracule if they hadn't attacked me). I even thought of giving a bunch of territory in the center continent to the Valiente and Meravanagi just so they could hold out against the Lao Che, Uruks, and Paynal while I sweep the lower continent. Maybe I'll do that next campaign.

I'll add the save in case anyone wants it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Encablossa; December 04, 2014 at 08:57 PM.

Caki's Avatar First Consul of Thera

Those Romuli sure look good :-D
    Proud To Be Under The Patronage Of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of Thera, A New Beginning

Quote Originally Posted by Caki View Post
    Those Romuli sure look good :-D
    They sure do, especially drebch with the blood of my foes.

. Whoever made them deserves a round of applause. ;O

Caki's Avatar First Consul of Thera

Just kidding, the whole mod is beautiful.
    Proud To Be Under The Patronage Of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of Thera, A New Beginning

It's a damn shame this mod is dead. I do want to play it, but it has game save breaking bugs as it is now.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

`What game breaking bugs does this mod have??

And how do i take a screenshot like the one in this post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    I'm actually the TO. Like I said in my post, it's only turn 14 in that pic so naturally I haven't expanded much (I'm sort of a turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    ). Also, I had an army lead by my faction heir marching to another city when I was ambushed by a rather large host of Medici rebels (two armies of them) and my forces were obliterated. A few turns later, I sent out another force with one of my other generals to attack the Medici and as I was about to lose (again), I killed their general with a lucky fire arrow and their entire army routed rather quickly (this was all by turn 20). Since then, I have conquered two Medici settlements and a Vashta city during a crusade. As it looks right now (I'm at turn 30), I may declare war on either Avalon or the Men of Valhalla soon seeing how they are both encroaching on my territory.

The AI in its entirety is doing very well (due to secret reasons) and as you can see by the picture they are conquering rather quickly. There are many rebel settlements in my campaign now. I'll post a pic when I get the chance

EDIT: Here it is

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Some people experience an unavoidable crash at some late turn number playing as certain factions. Maybe a trait or something causing it.

I've personally never experienced it so my campaigns have all been good. That may be because I'm a fan of blitzkrieg assaults and conquer territory quickly.

After a long hiatus away from Total War and Total War Center, I'm happy to say that I'm back. It's extraordinary to see that this mod still gets a little bit of traffic, and from what I see quite a few of my old Therans are still hanging around here as well (that means you, TheHolyPilgrim haha). I guess it's just the mod itself that keeps us coming back.

Now I've got it in mind to do one last campaign before I move on to Attila for awhile, and I'm planning on taking screenies of the whole thing (maybe even uploading video), but I haven't decided on a faction yet. If anyone has any preferences I'd be more than happy to take suggestions.

I was looking at the old pictures I took of some of my past campaigns, and I think I should point out that I'm kind of embarrassed how blatantly I used cheats, especially since I didn't really have to. Regardless, this new campaign will be completely free of cheats, though I feel that anyone who's played Medieval 2 as much as I have knows all the game's gimmicks in and out anyway.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Welcome back

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Madness View Post
    After a long hiatus away from Total War and Total War Center, I'm happy to say that I'm back. It's extraordinary to see that this mod still gets a little bit of traffic, and from what I see quite a few of my old Therans are still hanging around here as well (that means you, TheHolyPilgrim haha). I guess it's just the mod itself that keeps us coming back.

Now I've got it in mind to do one last campaign before I move on to Attila for awhile, and I'm planning on taking screenies of the whole thing (maybe even uploading video), but I haven't decided on a faction yet. If anyone has any preferences I'd be more than happy to take suggestions.

I was looking at the old pictures I took of some of my past campaigns, and I think I should point out that I'm kind of embarrassed how blatantly I used cheats, especially since I didn't really have to. Regardless, this new campaign will be completely free of cheats, though I feel that anyone who's played Medieval 2 as much as I have knows all the game's gimmicks in and out anyway.
    Welcome back, HoM! It's been a very long time since I last saw you here. I hope life is treating you well

Thera is and always will be one of my favorite mods. I love the diversity of cultures found within it and the campaign always has surprises in it thanks to TFON's determination to make the campaign more sandbox than linear.

I would love to see any screens you take. Are you going to bring glory to Uruk Dominion once again, or have you set your eyes on another land?

It's August, so everyone knows what it's like for a student this time of year, but nevertheless I'm sorry for the delay.

I kind of played around with the idea of starting a new campaign as the Privateers, but decided against it in light of a Dominion save I still had from two years ago. If I remember correctly, the goal was nothing less than world conquest. I can't make any promises to carry it that far, but I've been enjoying the time I've spent building on my initial campaigns, and now I have a few screenshots to show you:

The numbers are right there in front of you - of course I don't stand a chance. As far as army composition goes, I'm going up against a solid army of elite infantry, heavy archers and with plenty of cavalry in reserve just in case they need it. Wouldn't you know the one thing the AI can't handle in a siege battle is rocket elephants. Worse than aimlessly firing away at my walls as they'll do sometimes, they chose to do absolutely nothing the whole battle, and because the entire crux of their plan to breach the walls lay in these units abilities, nobody else did anything either. Maybe it's just because I haven't played in so long, but I was concerned the battle would never end if I did the same. I did the only thing I knew I could and charged my general out the gate in hopes of bringing them closer to the walls. The rest should be pretty self-explanatory, though I can't believe it's a thing that the AI lets itself get chopped to bits by my wall defenses like this. Anyhow, I charged out again to bring them even closer (needlessly as it turned out - a timer started counting down), but my general managed to get himself killed by getting stuck virtue of the "injured" animation. That really sucked because as the Uruks, no matter how excellent or sucky the general himself is, you only get them every so often. I've got whole armies of just general's bodyguards because they're just that good: they're cheap at around 700 florins to recruit and 100 for upkeep, which is light years better than non-general Uruks who not only cost a fortune to hire and maintain, but also die and have to be retrained manually. General's bodyguards have the same troop count and fight better anyway so there's no excuse not to do exactly what I've done with spamming these guys.

For those of you who are new to Thera and interested in checking out the rosters for some of the factions, I made sure to take pictures of individual units of Lao Che, Romuli, etc. in action, and plan to keep doing so throughout the campaign.

I'll let you guys view the rest. If you've got questions ask, otherwise I don't feel like typing out another commentary. Enjoy, and expect more to come very soon.

My Hadean Empire at turn 79.

I eliminated the Romuli fairly quickly, though with a bit of difficulty since this was early on in the campaign before I had access to the Priests of Callisto. The reason Constantium is owned by the Barka is because they decided to declare Jihad on the Romuli right as they were teetering on the brink of collapse. I actually captured it first, sacked it, and eliminated them as a faction not long after by killing Caesar in Elysia. Despite all this, apparently it doesn't cancel a Jihad even if the city changes hands, and I was tracking several rather large armies of Barka headed straight towards me so I decided to beat feet and head back to the ruins of Sirmium. I concluded an alliance with the Barka the next turn by giving them the city, and thus bringing the Jihad to a peaceful resolution.

I just recently attacked my allies for most of the game coming up on turn 90, and it's kind of bewildering just how many armies they had defending this one city. I've got plenty of screenshots to show off if I've got time later today, and I'll tell the whole story then.

Aside from that, the Lao Che were a major pushover despite their overwhelming advantage. They attacked Phobos four times and Demos thrice with their doom stacks, but again, three words: Priests of Callisto. I've survived as an entity owing almost solely to them. I sent a couple of assassin's up to eliminate them as a threat in Mesocala and more recently Ibellica. They actually sent a full stack with their king to seize Dakar from the Caliphate, and were making good progress until I had one of my assassins come over from Mesocala to find him. It was an interesting feeling to be searching all of their possessions in the New World for their leader and to discover he simply wasn't there. Admittedly, I had to pull a toggle_fow on this one. I almost feel sorry they're gone, because they were rebounding after they had lost most of their empire and I was prepared to ally with them so I would have a strong ally (or vassal) defending me from any threat from Mesocala, but they just wouldn't leave me alone. Those screenies from my last post were the stacks they sent in retaliation, and you've seen what happened to those.

The Kukulcan have been sending fleets past the strait at Song Cho, and look poised to take all of northern Mesocala. After I take Syrianna, my next move will be to deal with them.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

It's late, but I just wanted to say awesome screens, HoM! Uruks were always my favorite, tbh, and I enjoyed the pics that you have posted greatly!

I will delve more into them tomorrow, when I get more time, but I just wanted to stop by

Brace yourselves! Here comes the second grouping of screenshots:

The Trojan War
    Smashed their full stack defending Troy.
    Burn in hell...
    Unfortunately, their general got away. This tends to be a bit of a problem when your army's all infantry and you're at the end of a battle when the Priests of Callisto are already spent.
    Losers
    Fighting a line of Spartan Swords
    On the other hand, when you have ammunition...
    He should never have run...
    In case you doubted just how powerful Uruks can be in combination with the Priests of Callisto...
    now you know.
    Never underestimate Elephant Nafatun. They're one of the first units I've encountered that are a legitimate foil to my Uruks,
    Barka Tabar holding the line briefly.
    because they really hit me hard, before and after they panicked.
    And thus I complete my conquest of the southern continent.

Seperately from all that, I ended the Barka threat to Constantium once and for all.

But literally the turn after they were gone...

Dealing with rebels
    Ly Kan Pikes tasting a bit of my Demos Archers
    Legionarii Arcebusarii after taking a bit of a beating from holy fire
    Equites Clibinarii in all their glory
    Legionarii the second before they realize half their centuria is missing
    This brave son of a gun is still charging at me when all of his buddies are running away
    For the Constant Empire!
    And they break not even a moment later...
    Demos Archers lining up their shot
    Bit of a premature charge

Invasion of Syrianna
    War with the Barka
    Caught their faction heir right off the bat
    Let none escape!
    The young prince falls, and I claim the Sword of Barka
    They never stood a chance
    War with the Vashta
    It's actually more even than it looks. They had an overwhelming preponderance of Mounted Muskets which totally wrecked a few of my units.
    First Battle
    My standard formation
    I wiped them out, but it stung a little bit
    Here it was actually my Otjuk mercenaries that saved the day. I've never actually had a use for them before.
    Surrounding their own Otjuk mercs. These guys just will not break...
    I might as well begin and end the post with a heroic victory.