Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshot thread

Caki's Avatar First Consul of Thera

Default Re: Screenshot thread

Whats wrong whit the old ones don't like them or?
    Proud To Be Under The Patronage Of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of Thera, A New Beginning

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

there are some new generals, for Romuli and Lao Che

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Oh I love samurais

That, ofcourse, second place. After the pirates duhh!
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

awesome dude! Time to collect paper!

btw i had to laugh when i saw it said: "Has a possitive effect on loyalty" and the general only had 2

lool
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

-Aquila-'s Avatar Campidoctor

More RP elements, brilliant, brilliant.
    Good job Jason!

YATS - Quintus Licinius Cato [31], Plebeian Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Beard View Post
    awesome dude! Time to collect paper!

btw i had to laugh when i saw it said: "Has a possitive effect on loyalty" and the general only had 2

lool
    Like I said wip's
    New bonus for Praefectus Praetorio are +2 law, +2 authority, +2 Command, and -1 loyalty. negative loyalty effect is so make sure you give it to an already loyal general
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 09, 2009 at 04:35 PM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Beard View Post
    Hey Jason there's a spelling... oh nevermind

Btw i've noticed that it sais Hispainics in the battle map (and on other places too, like when u end turn it sais the Hispainics are doing there turn) ... isn't it supposed to be Hispanics?

Good call thanks, these things are so easy to miss during development will correct, +rep (when I can )

I'm here to serve!

(lol )

And uhm... just curious is the faction leader authority bug solved? The one where u have 10 authority without doing anything (I've noticed it in other mods as well... probably an error with negative numbers I guess )

yup, in the current auto run , The Valiente leader has an authority of 3

Graf zu Adler's Avatar Semisalis

Very nice new ancs, ut I thinc it would be better to name the Anc "Praetorian Prefect". pr "Praefectus Praetorianorum"..."Praetorio" doesn't even sound Latin...and I'd name those barracks "Praetorian Barracks"....but it's all yours to decide, of course. But I would ask you, if you change the roman names, just to change the surname "Romuli" to "Romulus"....because "Romuli" is either Genitive singular or Nominative Plural, wich both doesn't quite make sense....I'd offer to take all the Romuli names and "Latinie" them, if you want...of course, some Greeks are ok, too

If not, your mod, your decision...and great work even with those tiny flaws

according to wiki that is the correct name for the office http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praetorian_prefect

Quote Originally Posted by Graf zu Adler View Post
    Very nice new ancs, ut I thinc it would be better to name the Anc "Praetorian Prefect". pr "Praefectus Praetorianorum"..."Praetorio" doesn't even sound Latin...and I'd name those barracks "Praetorian Barracks"....but it's all yours to decide, of course. But I would ask you, if you change the roman names, just to change the surname "Romuli" to "Romulus"....because "Romuli" is either Genitive singular or Nominative Plural, wich both doesn't quite make sense....I'd offer to take all the Romuli names and "Latinie" them, if you want...of course, some Greeks are ok, too

If not, your mod, your decision...and great work even with those tiny flaws
    yup I posted to you on the roman name thread asking for your help,
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 10, 2009 at 04:46 PM.

Graf zu Adler's Avatar Semisalis

And I just replied....maybe in a bit different way as expected, but.....

Oh, adn the German wiki says it's "Praefectus Praetorio" (guess it means prae- torio, which would explain the ending) or "Praefectus Praetorii", which we could use here, i guess

Ok Im happy to take advice on this, I never played RTW so have a poor knowledge of roman affiars compared to many, so I like to hear from all the Romuli Generals out there,what would you all like the office to be called (i.e the head of the praetorian guard)

Hi Jason,

the Cambridge Ancient History tells us of the "praefectus praetorio", although this refers to the later Roman Empire (when the p.p. was not the commander of the praetorians, which had been dissolved earlier on, but rather a very high official in the roman/byzantine bureaucracy).
    Hope this helps making your wonderful mod even better:hmmm:

The wiki says it was a constant office from the time when the guard were still in existance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praetorian_prefect

but I know that the wiki is about as reliable as my memory

I do like the title, but I wil await more feedback, thanks for that though, and quoting the source is a great help too +rep

Well, the title of praefectus praetorio was kept, even after Constantine disbanded the praetorians in 312 and assigned their duties of protecting the emperor to two newly created units, the excubitores and the scholae palatinae.

But only the title was kept, because striped of his soldiers, the praefectus praetorio became just the highest ranking civil officer in a certain geographic area.

As the Romuli units I saw so far clearly come from much earlier than 312, don't worry about the p.p. being a civil office afterwards and just stick with him as commander of the faction leader's guard.

You're very welcome; as you do so much to give us a terrific mod, some input is the least we owe you.

you sound very knowledgable sir , can you help me with a couple of other suitable titles, I want a title for a 'royal' treasurer', and a 'Lord Marshal of the armies' ' Minister of farming'

Are their any roman equivilents,or could you give me a latin sounding translation

Well, the royal (imperial) treasurer would either be the "comes sacrarum largitionum" or the "comes rerum privatarum", the first one administering the emperor's possessions in the emperor's capacity as the sacred person (i.e. the office) of the emperor, the latter managing the emperor's "private" funds - not always clearly separated from each other...

The Lord Marshal aka Supreme commander was the magister militum. There was more than one magister militum, so they were separated by their respective geographical area of command. (E.g. there was a magister militum per Illyricum who was supreme commander of all roman forces in Illyricum, modern day Croatia). I would just stick with "magister militum". Btw, the "magister peditum" was supreme commander of all infantry, whereas the "magister equitum" commanded all cavalry forces.You might wanna use these, too.

I never heard of someone concerned mainly with farming/agriculture in roman administration. Maybe you could use the aforementioned "comes sacrarum largitionum", who was mainly concerned with the emperor's holdings, a lot of this in the form of real estate. This would make the "comes rerum privatarum" your royal treasurer.

Why am I doing all this? Helping my enemy to get fleshed out better? (Huge Lao Che fan/addict :hmmm

Just for the hell of it I thought I might post some screen shots in this thread

I love the awsomeness of a disciplined legion....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The unorganised barbarians don't stand a chance!
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 16, 2009 at 03:41 PM.

Oooh pictures! Faber est quisque fortunae suae

lol what "barbarians" did u killed there? They look like Hispanics? Or is it Barka Sultanate? :hmmm: