Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Britannia Haters, Unite!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Britannia Haters, Unite!

I decided to start this thread as a safe haven for all you fellow Britannia haters, and maybe as a place to gather some welcome insight into this strange faction. O that foul excuse for a people! You oppose them and your troops rout in terror. In most campaigns they dominate the whole of Europe. So u decide o wow, this looks like a cool faction. So u start a British campaign, and to your horror u find that your Britannia is not the same Britannia you just had nearly insurmountable difficulties fighting against. They are an undisciplined rabble that rout at the first sign of difficulty! You think ah, well maybe with some experience they'll get better. But no, you continue to suffer humiliating defeat in battles that should have produced your greatest victories! So you sit there, wondering what u did wrong, wondering if your just not up to par. U eventually start a new campaign as a different faction, but the same question never quite leaves u: Did I do something wrong, or is Brittania really that useless?

Default Re: Britannia Haters, Unite!

I'm with u brother . Britannia sucks as nation to play ( as pretty much as every barbarian faction ) , as enemy is annoying as hell ( god damn chariots , Picts and head hurlers ) . Those head hurlers are ridiculous . Professional soldiers like legionists panicking because someone threw choped-off head at them ?? Jesus they are professional murderers , kiling for loot and fame and they acting like god damn conscripted barbarian peasant . Plus poor cities and ever-rioting Londinum ( i swear i've exterminated this city twice and it still had a red face on low taxes and full garrison :/ ) .

Ofcoz when i tried to play with them , chariots suddenly lost 90 % of their power , HH cannot even make hastati run away and picts are getting pwned by everything :/ .

I dont have anything against Brits in Real Life but in RTW they suck ass big time :/
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Disregard RTW2 - acquire Europa Barbarorum 2.

Hey, CA - "Get Woke Go Broke" !

Proud owner of white skin and a penis - bite me.

you can prevent them ever getting off their island if youre quick enough getting to them

Quote Originally Posted by aznflea View Post
    you can prevent them ever getting off their island if youre quick enough getting to them
    true, but only their fellow barbarians could act quick enough to do that, and they never do.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

C-Rob's Avatar Primicerius

psst* phalanx and missle mercenaries.

Playing as Brittania isn't that bad at all either.

Sextus Molestus's Avatar Miles

Ooh, I hate Britannia. I've never had much difficulty fighting against them (probably because I use easy battle difficulty, lol), but I HATED playing with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Sextus Molestus View Post
    Ooh, I hate Britannia. I've never had much difficulty fighting against them (probably because I use easy battle difficulty, lol), but I HATED playing with them!
    LOL. OH MY GOD I LOVE YOUR NAME. HAHAHAHHAHA

british can catch you completely off guard with their chariots. youd normally expect easy barbarians doofs that die as easily as the gauls but suddenly you add chariots to the equation and they somehow become a quick kick in the nuts

Its interesting that chariots are practically useless when u use them ( ok good for killling peasants and routing troops ) but when u play against them they like a god damn tanks :/ thats why i hate to play as Julli sometimes :/
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Disregard RTW2 - acquire Europa Barbarorum 2.

Hey, CA - "Get Woke Go Broke" !

Proud owner of white skin and a penis - bite me.

yea true enione whos playing as julli britania is yuor curse

and i hate how they suck major ass whne you use them wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
    Its interesting that chariots are practically useless when u use them ( ok good for killling peasants and routing troops ) but when u play against them they like a god damn tanks :/ thats why i hate to play as Julli sometimes :/
    yeah, seriously, wtf's up w/ that
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Quote Originally Posted by aznflea View Post
    LOL. OH MY GOD I LOVE YOUR NAME. HAHAHAHHAHA

british can catch you completely off guard with their chariots. youd normally expect easy barbarians doofs that die as easily as the gauls but suddenly you add chariots to the equation and they somehow become a quick kick in the nuts
    lols
    Their is a Juili unit named Captain Sextus who is standing near my city of Salona ill go screenie him next time I get on.

Your armies are as weak as piss...maybe...however I've never had problems with them personally other than in RTR where though they are as rebels, they gave me a sound beating that required overwhelming force of arms to destroy them (I was the Germans admittedly)
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Britons own everybody because their generals have chariots and with auto ressolve they beat almost everybody.And it's not strange when they capture whole western Europe every time.So if you want to beat easily anybody with Britons on vh/vh just build blacksmiths and weaponsmiths and recruit chariot archers and heavy chariots and always autoressolve battles.You will finish your campaign in 5 hours.But where is fun?I hate them.

AYE!
    Britannia is the worst enemy that I know of in all of the known world of Rome Total War.
    I mean, come on, they throw severed heads at their enemies, wtf is that!
    Their chariots are also very frustrating, and when I was playing a Julii campaign, conquering all of Europe, it was by far hardest to keep the Britons from continuously invading mainland Europe. I had never had such a hard time keeping an enemy away.

Hmm, I'm NOT a Britannia hater per say... But, some points made here are valid (and some are not)

1) Chariots... are not meant to be durable, or sturdy, main line cav (Catas anyone?). However, there is one thing I like that they excel at: killing cav. Honestly speaking, chariots rip apart cav, esp. when the player keeps them moving. But: Chariots are NOT tanks that kill everything in their path. Heck, 2 or 3 units of Principes with fire-at-will enabled will drop the chariots like flies.

2) Head-Hurlers? Bah, they have no armor, and limited range, so you might as well shoot them down with archers. I personally think they're crappy because of that, but they have a MASSIVE missile attack (17, was it?) and on top of that, it's AP (armor peircing), which is why some people here have trouble with playing against them as Romans, seeing that Head-Hurlers can kill lots of Romans in a couple volleys.

3) British Infantry is decent, but good Roman steel will easily kill them. Nothing more to be said.

4) Chariot Archers... now, I object to anyone here who says they are bad. Heck, they're archers that can kill the cav coming after them! Not to mention they're a cheap as hell for they're effectiveness. The only downside is their non-existant def, which means opposing archers can kill them.

5) All-in-all? I think for some people, they don't like the British because a lot of their units are one-shot uses (chariots, head-hurlers) or have crappy morale. I agree that the Brits/Pict suck in a drawn-out slog, as they rout waaaayyy too fast, esp. when chariots run into deep lines of heavy infantry.
    However, the British have their uses. Head-Hurlers, as much as I hate them, are effective against Roman infantry and other armor heavy factions. Chariots are great at killing cav.... and nothing else. And hell, british chosen swordsmen aren;t half-bad.

Sunday213's Avatar Semisalis

Why do you think they built hadrians wall, of course they didnt think it was goo enough to conquer but also to keep the madness of those people out.

Jayzilla's Avatar Centenarius

heh, i just started another campaign as the britons, and I have to say they are very fun! if for nothing else than the simple variety of the armies. if you've seen one roman army, you've seen em all. britons, on the other hand, you have to check through the army lists looking for the different names. I've lost battles because I mistook a squad of naked fanatics or woad raiders for a simple spear warband.

So I guess you people who hate Britannia just don't know how to use them on the battlemap? And because you suck with them you say that they are stupid, and start throwing a tantrum? Britannia is a barbarian faction, so you have to choose your battles wisely and play carefully, but victory is very possible with them.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Hey... I didn't say I hated Britannia. Hell, if used against the Romans, they're a godsend (Head-Hurlers anyone?) although against missile cavalry factions, I admit I find them a little weak (Maybe because they kick my butt, and I never really did counter HA's other than to have more archers or a testudo).

I do mention that compared to other factions, the Britannia units have lower morale, just like their descendants, the Picts. Maybe that's why some people don't like the Brits, in comparison to Romans and other civilized factions.

They're an eccentric faction to play with. That's really what it all sums up to. Some people love the Brits, other don't. Heck, if you hate the Brits (fighting as them or against them), you hate em (just as I hate Gaul for it's substandard infantry and ultra-expensive archers on MP).

Quote Originally Posted by Selifator View Post
    So I guess you people who hate Britannia just don't know how to use them on the battlemap? And because you suck with them you say that they are stupid, and start throwing a tantrum? Britannia is a barbarian faction, so you have to choose your battles wisely and play carefully, but victory is very possible with them.
    Agreed. on advice of one of Sith's Lords i started using brittania about six monthts ago. i had previously written them off when i was starting in sith since they where so hard to control. At first i used them as a rush faction vs romans or like i would with other factions, hammer and anvil. But then it hit me: Brittania is a god damn skirmish faction. chariots, chariot archers, slingers, head hurlers and chosen swordsmen have given me plenty of victories vs all other barbs, rome, hellenic factions and even egypt. you have to have sick micro management and outstanding speed, but oh theyre good... besides if i used armenia every time i faced a roman or hellenic faction this game would be boring as hell.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast