Thread: What to do now?

c00ki3's Avatar Decanus

Default What to do now?

Well hi guys, I just wanted to know what I should do next.

First off, I'm playing as Greece on m/m (I don't like anything over it because it just gives the AI steroid morale). I finally just conquered Italy before 250 B.C (I blitzkrieged early-on with my armored hoplites so their PreMarian troops had no chance). Also, I took much of Anatolia and killed Pontus. I am now waging a war with Armenia; they won't last long because they have horrible economy/military. So basically, my empire stretches from Northern Italy to Pontus (I own all of the Greek Islands and Sicily). So what should I do next? I have a huge army waiting for a war; I was thinking of taking out Carthage before they get Sacred Bands.

Invade Northern Europe: I don't really no much about barbarians, and I'm pretty sure I'd be fighting for ages due to barbarian ambushes. I was thinking going far as Spain to upper Gaul/lower Germania. I just thought it'd be pretty easy because I'm a phalanx nation....

Carthage/Northern Africa: This is probably my last real opponent. They have a good military compared to everyone except me (I'm kind of like the Roman Empire in my campaign), and I'd like to add Carthage to my empire. Problem is they are so spread out- Spain to Thapsus. Also, I highly doubt Numidia will be helpful with their petty ambushes.

Seleucid Empire/Far east: I'd love to be closer to the holy-land because I'm waiting to buy Medieval Total war 2, and it'd kind of be the closest thing I can get out of RTW. Also, their traits/money is depleting from being butt-raped by Egypt. Also, Parthia wouldn't be hard- problem is it is so far out.

Egypt/Africa: Awesome economy making towns to take. I was just planning to take Cyprus and then go D-day on the Egypt's delta. They are the strongest empire in the game other then me (big surprise am I right). I just think it would be split from my empire. So should I attack the Seleucid empire first if I choose this?

Thrace/Dacia(Balkans): Easy to take, and wouldn't be that hurtful to my economy. I just don't see them as a threat though; for now. Also, I see no need to attack and take such poverty-stricken towns. Plus, I'm afraid Scythia will rape me with their arrows.

Default Re: What to do now?

I would do a D-Day on Eygpt definetly mostly cause it sounds the most challenging militarily and I mean that by large battles on each side not a million little battles like with gaul it will just get annoying. Plus always do the more challengeing but still fun thing the game is just way to easy at times...

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

Default Re: What to do now?

Rather than land in the Nile region, go attack from the north by taking out the Seleucids first. It's always good and Egypt is fairly fun to play against. Northern Europe is generally the worst place you can go. It's easy for enemy armies to hide and make their way to your settlements all stealthed-up and generally annoy you. Carthage is also a good option.