Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble Installing

Default Trouble Installing

Ive instaled Rog and did everything in the instructions but when i start it up it tells me to select an item from the list on the campaign. i went to custom battles and its got vanilla rome total war factions it starts up with the bi loading screen but then goes vanilla. What did i do?
    Last edited by Boz; December 21, 2008 at 02:36 PM.

Default Re: trouble Installing

Mmm, have you a clean install of Rome and BI? because some previous mods perhaps have modified something. Remember that you have to play ROG clicking in the "Ruins of Glory MOD" shortcut.

P.D: I have edited your post for pin it, all the people that have trouble go to this post.
    Last edited by Boz; December 21, 2008 at 02:38 PM.

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Default Re: Trouble Installing

yes i have a clean install and changed the properties to reflect my root directory and it still doesnt work.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by charles the hammer View Post
    yes i have a clean install and changed the properties to reflect my root directory and it still doesnt work.
    Have you installed to the right folder?

I installed it into the rome total war folder

When you execute the shortcut, the image that appears is the BI vanilla one or the Ruins of Glory one? if it is the first, I'am 100 % sure that there is some error in the shortcut.

Remember that after your root, comes the code of the mod, of this way; "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:rog -show_err -nm make sure that you have the code in bold written as here.

ya i fiquired it out i think in your installation instructions it says -mod:ibfd it should say -mod:rog

Oh, you're right. I will correct it inmediately, sorry for the trouble.

its okay everyone makes mistakes its a great mod. the vandals rock. i had to quit when it ctd while fighting for croton.(i was trying to suicide run geiseric who just wouldnt died one of our generals died and it ctd but its still an awesome mod.)

I liked your awesome work but cannot downloading. Filefront is too slow, can you upload another site like Rapidshare, Upload.to or make a torrent file ?

Tomorrow I will try to upload it in megaupload in 3 parts so it can be downloadable more easily.

Thanks but Megaupload seems forbidden here

It is giving me grief with the short cut can't get it to work..could some one cut and paste the short cut here so I can see what is ment to be in the target box and the start in box?
    Last edited by Goatus Boyus; January 20, 2009 at 12:27 AM.
    When I am king, you will be first against the wall

Target; "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:rog -show_err -nm
    Start; "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War"

Remember to make sure that you've got installed Rome in this root, if you have it in another root change it.

The game CTDs immediately when I try to begin a campaign as the Franks, and a few other factions Then again the same thing happens to me with IBFD and Rios mod. I know my Vanilla and BI installations are clean and patched to 1.6, I just re-installed them. I don't get an error message, it just crashes. This doesn't happen on regular BI, it works fine. What could be causing this?
    Last edited by jsx0123; March 20, 2009 at 06:39 PM. Reason: New Problem

it would help if you tell us what is the error message you get. right click -> properties on your shortcut of the mod and add at the end: -nm -show_err
    I.E it would look similar with that "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -nm -show_err

Macedonia was,is and will always be Hellenic.
    it is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

jsx0123, this happens with all factions? can you fight custom battles?

Libertus

Every time i try to right click on the "Ruins of Glory MOD" shortcut it just load and do nothing? The shortcut dont even show a picture. I got Rome total war gold.

Edit: I worked it out myself
    Last edited by Warburg; February 22, 2010 at 01:16 PM.
    "Retreat? We're just advancing in another direction!"

"Woe to the vanquished" Brennus

i just need some help or info step by step how to install the ruins of glory 1.0 mod

Well I would install only version 1.1 cause 1.0 is outdated.

A step by step description is written in the spoiler of the thread "Ruins of Glory v1.1 RELEASED - Download here"
    Can you tell me, where exactly you have problems?
    Last edited by Xerrop; August 14, 2010 at 02:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast