Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bug & Errors report thread

Default Re: Bug & Errors report thread

Failed to find Steam.

After editing RoG shortcut.

Gatecrasher, you play through Steam? I really havent used it never so I dont know what can be the problem. Anybody else has Steam and is able to play the mod?

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

GeorgiBG's Avatar Miles

Icon4 Re: Bug & Errors report thread

When I exit the game (close the program) it says an error I dont know why.....

And also for the Suebi and Berbers check the menu campaign map: For the Berbers map they have Suebi in it also.For the Suebi map everything is okay.

СTD message pops up "Сould not read file "descr_strategy_lighting.txt"
    That's OK, just reinstalled.
    Last edited by lekseus; May 10, 2012 at 07:52 AM.

I just download the mod yesterday. It is one of the good mods, I love the Saxons with them infantry, nice job but...Mannnnnn are a lot of CTD's, I can't play more then 1h with an faction, you just barely can't play.I'm using vista (my system is good for RTW). I install it exactly how you said (ofc I play lots of RTW mods before, and I can see you have infantry from other mods what is nice like from Norman Invasion,Viking Invasion etc).
    I don't want to be rude but I get this Error at END turn many, many times:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: RomeTW-BI.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 00564544
    Fault Module Name: RomeTW-BI.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00564544
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00ab13d9
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1035
    Additional Information 1: 56bb
    Additional Information 2: 1d0d06d837f28aff20b4d8a5a7aaafd8
    Additional Information 3: 70f9
    Additional Information 4: c4b9d77313f722dbbc693982a98f7e7b

If it's an solution or some one can help me to fix this...
    Continue the good job, I'l follow the mod for the news

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    I Downloaded this mod but It came up with corrupted files. It was an RAR and I've been having trouble with RARs...
    It did the same for BRG III, but that's another forum.
    You have windows vista, and u have ur protection activate, so you can't extract straight in program files without permission, I tried too but didn't work...so I extract the winrar of the mod on desktop and then I paste the folders on the C:/program-files/activision-rtw etc etc. The windows is not letting u to paste something on program files without permission.You need to disable UAC to do that (what I really don't recommend you to do it)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiBG View Post

it also.For the Suebi map everything is okay.
    descr_engines - should be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiBG View Post
    descr_engines - should be corrected.

LordXarax, well, first of all, you are playing v1.1 or v1.0? because now the link is for 1.0, I have yet to reupload the v1.1. Check if you have 4 turns per year and if you can cross with an army by gibraltar from spain to africa, if yes it is the v1.1, if not it is the 1.0.

At least I have now redownloaded the 1.0 and I have played about 20 turns with no CTD's at all, playing with Windows Vista with the Rugians. Maybe the v1.1 was more unstable, I am not sure. Maybe it is the faction you choose. I am not sure. I can do little to help, sadly. Sometimes I got a very weird error were a full stack army appeared in middle of someplace and it was a repeated army, like a shadow army: ie berbers in france. And whenever this army tried to do something the game crashed. But I don't know how to solve it. You can try playing with XP compatibility.

Hey,
    is there anything i can do when ALL of my saving files seem to be corrupted (CTD after Loading, but starting a game works fine)?
    Playing 1.1

Just with the Burgundians? it happens everytime you load a campaign after 481?

Hey,

this time its the lombards. And its after 494. Or not, because all of my files seem to be corrupted, even the older savegames.

Quote Originally Posted by Berak Eisenfaust View Post
    Hey,

this time its the lombards. And its after 494. Or not, because all of my files seem to be corrupted, even the older savegames.
    I have the same with my WRE saves it is winter 481...
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Try copying the saves folder inside RTW to the desktop, delete the folder, and then bring manually just one savegame (not the last one) and try it. I seem to remember that some filoe got corrupt when there was CTD, and you had to delete it.

Didn't work for me
    I had some back up but it looks like i saved all of them the last 2 turns...
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

At first I had problems getting the mod to run, but after reading through the install troubles thread, I was able to make the changes to get it to start up. However, now that it does run, it crashes whenever I try to load a save game.
    Last edited by kdub22; February 19, 2015 at 07:54 PM.

Installed the mod and love it , great work guys.
    From what I can tell have loaded the version that says the "cant recruit in captured settlements for Picts and Germans had been fixed. That said I am playing the Picts and am unable to recruit outwith the first couple of local settlements I captured.
    None of the what would be modern day England or Wales settlements have any recruitment options other than diplomat and boats available even though all have barracks and stables built.
    Hope I can get it fixed because is a great mod thus far but aint really practicle to go beyond what I have played if I cant recruit even basic units locally as my territory expands.

It is strange because I remember to have played with the Picts without problems. Will take a look. You are sure you have the 1.1 version? the one that the advisor pops up to activate the 4-year per turn script?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345