Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Beta 01: XAI Retrofit + Guaom!

Default Re: Beta 01: XAI Retrofit + Guaom!

I don't know much about the med2 AI files but the "kamikaze general" which seems to be hardcoded in to medieval 2 is best solved with a workaround... by having a hidden bonus giving all AI generals extra hitpoints (in the traits file). It's the default in Broken Crescent and it's a very good idea.

I experiemented with 8 hit points but that was ridiculous they were like terminators however 5 hit points makes you think "oh crap the general is charging" rather than "I'm about to win once that idiot jumps on a spear" which is what any sheep worring arseweasel would think. But no... some of his bodygard may get faceplanted but he fights on usually with a few men for a minute or so. Long enough for support to arrive which it always does with this battle AI (and when the support arrives watch the general try to detatch himself, another feature of this BAI I see often).

The point is the generals don't drop like flies and in an interesting side-effect it appears to improve AI general survivability in the field in AI vs AI battles. Or to put in another way - there's fewer "captain armies" running around after a few decades than you normally see.
    "If we didn't have cruxifixion, this country'd be in a right bloody mess"

Default Tedious Missile Cavalry Micro Management

problem fixed

I used a horde formation, move_speed_mod 1.5, formation 2,2 and set

<min-range>70</min-range> in confog.battle_ai

Missile cav now needs less micro management to be effective. They stay out of trouble much better. I think the fllipside is you will certainly need light fast cavalry combined wtih heavy cavalry to deal with missile cavalry. Light cav catches and pins, heavy cav hammer strike. Which is as it should be anyway. Don't know why I am sharing this as it's for personal tesing and playing but just in case one gets annoyed by their missile cav.
    Last edited by St Naffatun; March 01, 2009 at 03:54 PM.
    "If we didn't have cruxifixion, this country'd be in a right bloody mess"

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

thank you St. Nauffatun. good reporting..i will take a look at this
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

But this problem was already fixed on the old XBai of PDER, now in this new Bai its here again. In PODER i remenber to had a huge battle in a city, me defending and they invade with leaders and siege towers on diferent walls of the city and the generals waited on a hill and i lost that city with 20 units inside . They had another stack of renforcements but the ai played very well.
    Last edited by Hunter_PT; March 01, 2009 at 05:04 PM.

Random attack, Are you still here? BTW guys, Units getting stuck..cannot be fixed (by me). That is a function of the MAP. It is caused by having DIAGONAL only movement. Something I have been saying for quite awhile, but was confirmed with testing in KGCM. The AI MUST have a step style path, not only diagonal, for it to work properly at all times. If a STACK gets stuck, it can cause a faction to become idle.

I have fixed merging units, don't worry.
    Last edited by xeryx; March 14, 2009 at 02:51 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

I have an issue when starting a battle, when the two armies march toward each other if the Captain is in charge of an infantry squad he just stands there spamming "march, move out, move out, march, move out, march, march" and doesn't really move. When the units engage in combat he seems to catch up and finally behaves as normal.
    I'm not sure if it's your battle ai but the problem seems to stop if I remove the config_ai_battle file.

it is the BAI, and I believe I have fixed that in this next version, I will double check....Yes that should not be an issue again.

Yup-- still here now & again. But it's been quiet-- TOO quiet. "They" are planning something...

Are there anyone who can help Xeryx with the movement bug in the campaign map? This is a serius bug and i think all the modders needs to focus on this problem.

The Map would need to be changed out, I am sure this has been done before. I'm not doing a map..trust me. It doesn't appear to me, that this is being that popular, of a conversion.
    Last edited by xeryx; March 17, 2009 at 11:03 AM.

Hey guys, I know it's been quite some time but I thought I would post up and ask that you please don't give up on this. I love what you've done so far and I'm interested in what you have in store for this.

I've played ETW and I'm not into it. Medieval TW II kingdoms feels like a Total War game to me... ETW however does not.

I guess I just wanted to pop in and let you know some of us are still here and patiently waiting another cool update.

Thanks! I know Xeryx is working madly away on a new XAI. The BAI should be "plug and play" as always, but the CAI may need a little tweaking for each individual mod depending on what he actually changes. But hey, we can do that grunt work while he does the hard stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by RandomAttack View Post
    Thanks! I know Xeryx is working madly away on a new XAI. The BAI should be "plug and play" as always, but the CAI may need a little tweaking for each individual mod depending on what he actually changes. But hey, we can do that grunt work while he does the hard stuff!
    Glad to hear it man. I've got a full conversion mod in the works for a totally different game but I would be happy to set aside some time to help out on this.

Whats the work load on this look like? You just need a profile per say? Like I would list what I prefer then show what I've done to effect the AI?

PM me with your "resume".

Trust me we always have alot going on.

Vegas_Bear's Avatar Biarchus

Don't know if this helps, but I get a CTD after the Slaves turn. On turn four of my campaign. 2nd time I've had this happen. I have the XAI Conversion for GUAOM installed w/ the GUAOM ver 3.2X fixed CAI

system.log
    23:24:12.718 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/retrofit/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 1567, column 44
    faction name not recognised
    23:24:12.718 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/retrofit/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 1576, column 43
    faction name not recognised
    23:24:48.687 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <0055b_T_Invasion_Flee>
    : <army> is unavailable from event <Transgression>
    23:24:48.687 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <0055b_T_Invasion_Flee>
    23:24:48.984 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <0055b_T_Invasion_Flee>
    23:24:48.984 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <0055b_T_Invasion_Flee>
    23:24:53.812 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I also just got the LTGD log too, added.
    Last edited by Vegas_Bear; November 21, 2009 at 02:56 AM.

First of all, yeryx and RandomAttack.
    I realy apreciate what you guys doing to make the game more fun!
    I have played a campaign with the english VH/H and it is much fun to play now compared to vanilla.
    The AI actually attack with half stacks, full stacks wich is !
    Milan crosses my borders with 3 full stacked armies, HRE defends its settlements with half stacks and sends reinforcements when needed.
    But sometimes France attacks me with a small army of 5 units. Easy defend. But Scotland will be always be freezed I think.
    They actually try to take Inverness but after 2-3 sieges (and always loose ) they gave up and just stand there leaving Edingberg undefended. Even when I'm sending a half stack army, they recreate units to defend theirselfs, no mercy tho!

PS; I downloaded your BXAI files from KGCM and pasted them in this mod.
    Great work on this! At least I lose half of my army in siege/open battles!

Conclusion: Got my respect, keep up the good work mates.

Vegas_Bear: Sorry for the delay in answering. I really have no clue as to why it would crash unless perhaps there is some other modded file involved.

Tintin2: Thanks for the feedback and glad you are enjoying it!

So where can I get 3.2b for GUAM? Or is it still marinating with the beta testers? lol

I needz this... I'm dieing here.

LOL, this has like 3.3 or something like that, it is newer than 3.2b. I am working on 3.4 and testing is underway, currently (closed Beta)

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    LOL, this has like 3.3 or something like that, it is newer than 3.2b. I am working on 3.4 and testing is underway, currently (closed Beta)
    wow, I was way off... Ok.. I needz 3.4 then

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast