Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Beta 01: XAI Retrofit + Guaom!

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Brought to you by RandomAttack

Download Here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2265

I will need volunteers to test, but you must be dedicated. I have to be able to count on you and your feedback. It will be all done here in this forum and in email.

Soon guys, once I make sure the BAI is done and working correctly, we will move onto these projects.

As with KGCM, I am looking for input for starting and long term relations, for the factions. I will be getting to this file soon. So input to what you guys think it should be. I need a good starting base. We can adjust latter too, and not all factions have to have rules, but it does give good flavor to the campaign.
    Last edited by xeryx; March 14, 2009 at 02:39 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Default Re: Retrofit Plus GUAOM: XAI II (3.2) The Day the Medieval Worlds Stood Still!

Where to get this? Retrofit Plus GUAOM? Dont know this mod.

Default Re: Retrofit Plus GUAOM: XAI II (3.2) The Day the Medieval Worlds Stood Still!

awesome! cannot wait!
    I admire your luck, Mr...?

Bond..James Bond

Hi Xeryx, if you want i can test it .I have the mood installed already.

Queen Annes Revenge's Avatar Ordinarius

Awesome!

I have some free time these days and I can't wait to play this! When will you make the files available?

Default Re: Retrofit Plus GUAOM: XAI II the upgrade, to current standards

Hello Qar Happy Holidays, it will be a a few days at least. We are working on KGCM first, and getting the Beta going.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Xeryx,
    Looking forward to testing this. Any feeble attempts at modding YOUR mod on my part have been "disturbing". While overall I like the default settings and it gives a much better game over Vanilla, there are some inconsistencies that seem to be practically hard-coded.

Example: It's always bothered me that no matter how the faction relationships are set Venice "ALWAYS" attacks Hungary, Portugal "ALWAYS" attacks France, etc. I haven't kept statistics, but over dozens of games with various CAI versions it's just burned into my brain. Just for fun I changed some of the settings to make these usual suspects all "friendly" in descr_strat and changed the win conditions around so that there was no obvious reason for these folks to go to war. No matter what the settings were the same old predictable patterns seem to emerge (+/- a few turns). For instance, although I had set Milan & HRE to hate each other, by around turn 30 they were still at peace, HRE had gone after France (as usual, even though they were supposed to be "friendly") . Ditto with Milan after Venice. I'm probably missing something, it's just weird that certain AI patterns seem to occur no matter WHAT the settings are.

Final Note: Integration instructions (section 1) say to change Mongols/Timurids to "nomadic_faction". But should be "nomad_faction" right? I just noticed that's how it is referred to in your AI file.

Regards,
    RandomAttack

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by RandomAttack View Post
    Xeryx,
    Looking forward to testing this. Any feeble attempts at modding YOUR mod on my part have been "disturbing". While overall I like the default settings and it gives a much better game over Vanilla, there are some inconsistencies that seem to be practically hard-coded.

Example: It's always bothered me that no matter how the faction relationships are set Venice "ALWAYS" attacks Hungary, Portugal "ALWAYS" attacks France, etc. I haven't kept statistics, but over dozens of games with various CAI versions it's just burned into my brain. Just for fun I changed some of the settings to make these usual suspects all "friendly" in descr_strat and changed the win conditions around so that there was no obvious reason for these folks to go to war. No matter what the settings were the same old predictable patterns seem to emerge (+/- a few turns). For instance, although I had set Milan & HRE to hate each other, by around turn 30 they were still at peace, HRE had gone after France (as usual, even though they were supposed to be "friendly") . Ditto with Milan after Venice. I'm probably missing something, it's just weird that certain AI patterns seem to occur no matter WHAT the settings are.

Final Note: Integration instructions (section 1) say to change Mongols/Timurids to "nomadic_faction". But should be "nomad_faction" right? I just noticed that's how it is referred to in your AI file.

Regards,
    RandomAttack
    It is strange, in my games with Darth Ages, Portugal Never attacked France, HRE uses to go war vs France (If England has started to fight them) and aslo vs Milan if they can fight in two fronts, Venice uses to fight Byzantium and sometimes they are attacked by Sicily and aslo HRE (if they arent fighting France, but Milan)

I think it has something to do with some mod values..

Xeryx,

Regards,
    RandomAttack
    There must be errors in your files then, and it is reading vanilla, that is the only explanation I can see.

Thank you on the catch on the Nomad_faction..I should just change the AI label. I thought about just dropping the _faction part, but it is very helpful for troubleshooting, on my end.

Never heard of GUAOM.Do not know what it is.

Grand Unit Addon Mod, go check out the retrofit forums, it's posted.

Figures I didn't account for something-- the descr_faction_standing. The files are definitely working /activating. Still seems strange to me though. I put in a line in descr_strat for a "+" 0.2 between France/HRE. Made sure no mutual win conditions. Turn 1 they were "amiable". Turn 2 "reasonable". By Turn 5 were "poor"-- despite no interaction other than trade rights. So ok, it's normalizing down. But relations with England were still "reasonable" on Turn 20 despite a test "-" 0.4 in descr_strat and a much more negative normalization.

I know there are a lot of variables. Nor should the AI act the same way every time. But given the settings I still find it strange that Spain/Portugal frequently attack each other while the Moors are yet a major threat. Or Hungary frequently goes for Warsaw. Etc.

Of course I'm like the high-school physics student called in to fix the local nuclear power plant. Something just doesn't seem to be working quite right based on my keen observation of the 3-eyed fish in the cooling pond, but damned if I can put my finger on it. Think it has something to do with atoms and stuff...

Well, I think you would enjoy a campaign in KGCM with XAI for the time being, quit beating yourself up. I'm thinking next week will be a good time to work on this mod.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Figures I didn't account for something-- the descr_faction_standing. The files are definitely working /activating. Still seems strange to me though. I put in a line in descr_strat for a "+" 0.2 between France/HRE. Made sure no mutual win conditions. Turn 1 they were "amiable". Turn 2 "reasonable". By Turn 5 were "poor"-- despite no interaction other than trade rights. So ok, it's normalizing down. But relations with England were still "reasonable" on Turn 20 despite a test "-" 0.4 in descr_strat and a much more negative normalization.

I know there are a lot of variables. Nor should the AI act the same way every time. But given the settings I still find it strange that Spain/Portugal frequently attack each other while the Moors are yet a major threat. Or Hungary frequently goes for Warsaw. Etc.

Of course I'm like the high-school physics student called in to fix the local nuclear power plant. Something just doesn't seem to be working quite right based on my keen observation of the 3-eyed fish in the cooling pond, but damned if I can put my finger on it. Think it has something to do with atoms and stuff...
    Which mod are you playing?

I only saw Portugal fighting Castilla 1 time.. they use to ally to fight Moors..

The GUAOM. Since I had noticed over numerous games that certain tendencies seemed to emerge I was just trying to change the settings enough to "force" them NOT to occur-- just to see if I could. Very limited success. Xeryx has the right of it-- I'll just stand by until the new GUAOM CAI is released and then revel in playtesting it.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

You should aslo look at the strating FS and the FS file..

Default Re: Retrofit Plus GUAOM: upgrade to current XAI standards

This project is on hold, for now. While I work on some improvements to XAI. Once those are done, we will go ahead and start this one up.
    Last edited by xeryx; December 29, 2008 at 05:32 PM.

Default xai for retrofit

i know its hold but i wonder when will it start please update us

Default Re: xai for retrofit

Moving to that thread..Moved. It is ok to post in this thread.

We still have a few things to accomplish in KGCM, but it is well on its way. We are tweaking the siege engine, right now.

I will be working on it this weekend, plus testing Chiv2 : Sicilian Vesper's XAI conversion.

It should be ready for open beta by the end of the month. The reason for the length of time? Since I have not played the RF + GUAOM before..I need some time to familiarize myself with it.

If you only knew! how much time all of this takes. You would press the rep button at least 100x for every major modder out there. Fortunately for you, we are addicted to it
    Last edited by xeryx; January 06, 2009 at 08:32 AM.

Default Re: xai for retrofit

thanks for quick reply
    you and your team deserves all rep
    cuss of all in one fix for m2tw cai+bai
    for now bai is ok i think and cai almost done

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast