Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Beta 01: XAI Retrofit + Guaom!

Default Re: Beta 01: XAI Retrofit + Guaom!

Thanks for the replies, I'll check it out.

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Beta 01: XAI Retrofit + Guaom!

I downloaded the zip folder that Queen Annes Revenge uploaded and put it in my retrofit data folder. So far I'm playing HRE on a short campaign vh/vh to see how it goes, I can tell that the battle AI is somewhat different. If better I can't say but it's different and I do think I get more casualties than usual.

My CAI are total , half the guys offer me their maps along with trade while others ask for money to just get trade rights. HRE starts with 6 regions right off the spot I've taken 8 rebel settlements near me and I'm working on my 9th. After that I just need like 5 regions to get my 20 regions and I can take those 5 from denmark and milan + 1 rebel. Problem is I don't see anyone being aggressive on the campaign map against rebels. I mean the ai does take settlements and I've seen some good things like england going to war with both france and scotland (very kudos for that). But denmark hasn't moved against either stockholm or oslo. Dublin is free and so is zaragoza a key settlement for both portugal and spain? bordeaux is free and so is bruges. Some have done well though like siciliy taking cagliari and invading tripoli and tunis. Russia has taken riga and moscow and are moving their way in. Poland failed to reach some of my settlements in time and now has only after 20 turns managed to take thorn. Hungary has done a lot better though taking bucharest, sofia and even Iasi. Venice took ragusa at least after like 15 turns or so.

I have both bologna and florence with minimal units in it but no one has attempted to steal them from me. I have to admit I allied with venice and england since I expected a hard campaign but no one has even moved troops into my regions to attempt to piss me off. Are they afraid cause I'm playing a superpower or is it just them being passive?

I think the ai needs a boost in aggressivness beyond that I think they make logical choices for war and they perform well. I just noticed scotland stole york from england!

Main problem I think is that the AI is very slow to start meaning I'd probably have to wait like 10-15 turns before I make a move. They need more aggressiveness against rebel settlements especially ones that are very uncommon to see taken like dongola and the two south moorish settlements. I dont' know much about modding but if you can set priorities for each faction you could set very high priorities for uniting the rebel settlements that "belong" to them and then set high priorities for eliminating their enemies and medium for taking out nearby neighbours that aren't priorities. Maybe this has already been done and it still doesn't function but I hope you can eliminate these errors because this retrofit+guam mod is very good but the ai just needs some boosts to forge it's own empires.

Hopefully my criticism has been somewhat constructive and didn't seem like whine. I appreciate all your hard work, keep it up!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567