Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lesson 4 Part 1 Buildings

Default Re: Lesson 4 Part 1 Buildings

Alright just starting but before i start i have some questions,

export_descr_buildings.txt
    export_descr_buildings_enums.txt
    descr_building_battle.txt
    descr_building_battle_enums.txt

Do these go in the base of the data folder of the mod.

When we make the changes to export_dscr_buildings and create a new building does it matter where in the file you put the new script.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

The _enums files are in the data folder, the others are in the text folder. Just add your building to the bottom.

I am just starting leson 4 and copying accross the files i need. What does this line mean

data/settlements/techtree/culture/

does it mean i create these folders the data folder and copy the two files

buildings _battle.txt
    export_buildingstxt

into the culture folder after i convert them. If its not that what does the line mean

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

The buildings_battle and export_buildings go in the data/text folder.

I left that line in there as a mistake. Originally I was going to have you guys do some editing inside that folder but it gets to be as pain in the ass. If you look inside that folder in your vanilla game that is where the .world files are stored. You can make a copy of those and rename to get a specific look on the battle map, but sometimes that causes errors.

Also notice that the culture folder names are spelled wrong so you would have to duplicate that misspelling. You can safely ignore that line for this class.

Those of you that are interested in the progress on modding the .world files should read this.

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

so, i'm having a massive problem:

1t I'll give you my code:
    data/export_descr_buildings.txt
    Code:
    building manufactory
    {
        levels app_manufactory mas_manufactory 
        {
            app_manufactory city requires factions { all, } 
            {
                capability
                {
                    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 7
                }
                material wooden
                construction  6 
                cost  7800 
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                    mas_manufactory
                }
            }
            mas_manufactory city requires factions { all, } 
            {
                capability
                {
                    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 10
                }
                material wooden
                construction  10 
                cost  9600 
                settlement_min huge_city
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }
    data/text/export_buildings.txt
    Code:
    {app_manufactory}Small Manufactory
    {app_manufactory_desc}A basic manufactory that can handle only a few ressources. The goods that are worked on in here come out in mid-quality but they can be sold expensive. 
    {app_manufactory_short}A basic manufactory to increase the worth of your tradeable goods.Provides an income bonus.
    {mas_manufactory}Huge Manufactory
    {mas_manufactory_desc}A huge manufactory that can handle nearly every ressource out there. It makes product out of them which can be sold very expensive and thus increase your money. 
    {mas_manufactory_desc_short}A huge manufactory to increase the worth of your tradeable goods.Provides an income bonus.
    So, what i keep getting is an empty system.log and the problem that, when I start the game with the building, it shows the splash and then i get a CTD.

After lesson 3, all worked ver ywell, but this building seems to cause a bug.

Intresting i am having exactly the same problem. I decided to use the default building example first to get it working then edit it after here it is,

Code:
    building goldsmith
      {
          levels apprentice_gsmith master_gsmith 
          {
              apprentice_gsmith requires factions { all, } 
              {
                  capability
                  {
                      trade_base_income_bonus bonus 3
                  }
                  material wooden
                  construction  1
                  cost  500 
                  settlement_min town
                  upgrades
                  {
                      master_gsmith
                  }
              }
              master_gsmith requires factions { all, } 
              {
                  capability
                  {
                      trade_base_income_bonus bonus 4
                  }
                  material wooden
                  construction  6 
                  cost  9600 
                  settlement_min huge_city
                  upgrades
                  {
                  }
              }
          }
          plugins 
          {
          }
      }
    It looks right but i also get a CTD in the loading screen. Its definatly a problem with this entry because when i removed it my mod loaded with no problem.
    Last edited by Alex-ander; December 23, 2008 at 07:17 AM. Reason: editing

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Thats my file copied and pasted? It should work then.

Try deleting all the files that rebuild each time you load, all the strings.bin files and also map.rwm, and see what happens.

Still not working. I copied your file this time (which i did not do first time) just in case i made a typo somewhere. I also deleted the 2 bin files and the map file i am still getting a CTD in the loading screen.

Again i removed your file from the building list and it loaded ok.

Same here, I also used your files there...

Edit: Very mysterious it worked for you GED, but for no one else.
    Perhaps Hunter might assist here or post an example from his education-mod, since the buildings in it seem to work properly.
    Last edited by Nevada; December 24, 2008 at 05:20 AM.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    The _enums files are in the data folder, the others are in the text folder. Just add your building to the bottom.
    Hm, I was of the impression the enums files are deprecated. The only files I think you need are the ones with a "_lookup" in them. They seem to be used in SS, but not in BC. I haven't been using the files and mine has worked fine for 60 or so buildings. :hmmm:

So should i delete the enums files.

And exactly which files should i be editing to get the buildings in. Now i am confused :hmmm:

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

The minimum for adding a new building:

export_descr_buildings.txt
    buildings.txt in the text folder

It does not want to work for me i will try to get part 2 working.

One thing before i start what console command do i use to give an ancillary to a character

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

give_ancillary Character Name Ancillary

I tried again with adding the building but it is no go. Its detinatly a problem with the building if i add it i get a CTD in the splash screen. If i remove it the mod loads ok with no problems.

Here is my last log file it does not mean anything to me maybe somebody else can see something.

Code:
    09:45:58.406 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    09:45:58.406 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Jun 25 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2.1-30 (43169) ===
    09:45:58.546 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    09:45:58.593 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    09:45:58.671 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    09:45:58.734 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    09:45:58.765 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    09:45:58.781 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    09:46:01.937 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    09:46:02.000 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    09:46:02.031 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    09:46:02.125 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    09:46:02.125 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    09:46:02.140 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    09:46:02.140 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    09:46:02.140 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    09:46:02.140 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    09:46:02.140 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    09:46:02.140 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    09:46:02.140 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    09:46:02.140 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    09:46:02.140 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    09:46:02.140 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    09:46:02.140 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    09:46:02.140 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    09:46:02.140 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    09:46:02.140 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    09:46:10.843 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:10.843 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:10.968 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:10.968 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:10.968 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:10.968 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:10.968 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:10.968 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:10.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:10.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:10.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:10.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:10.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:10.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:10.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:10.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.031 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.031 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.281 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.281 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.281 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.281 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.281 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.281 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.281 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.296 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.296 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.296 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.296 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.296 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.296 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.296 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.718 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.718 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.828 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.828 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.828 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.828 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.828 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.828 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:11.875 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10671, column 23 :
    we should only have trait(Berserker) additional affects for triggers(Battle_Losing_Berserker)
    09:46:11.875 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10789, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    09:46:11.875 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10790, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    09:46:11.875 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10800, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    09:46:11.875 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10801, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    09:46:11.875 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10813, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    09:46:11.875 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10814, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    09:46:11.875 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10855, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Dread_Let_Them_Go)
    09:46:11.890 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16753, column 27 :
    we should only have trait(GoodDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear)
    09:46:11.890 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16761, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(BadDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear_bad)
    09:46:11.890 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16769, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(StrongFaith) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_faithclear)
    09:46:11.890 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16777, column 22 :
    we should only have trait(Purifier) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_purifierclear)
    09:46:11.890 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17702, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    09:46:11.890 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17703, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    09:46:11.890 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17712, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_7)
    09:46:11.890 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17755, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    09:46:11.890 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17756, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    09:46:11.890 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17765, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_8)
    09:46:11.984 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/scribe_ancillary.tga
    09:46:11.984 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    09:46:11.984 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    09:46:33.265 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    09:46:33.281 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    09:46:35.109 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    09:46:35.328 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/normans.tga is missing
    09:46:35.343 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/normans.tga is missing
    09:46:35.343 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/saxons.tga is missing
    09:46:35.343 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/saxons.tga is missing
    09:46:35.343 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/slave.tga is missing
    09:46:35.343 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    09:46:35.468 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    09:46:35.531 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    09:46:36.437 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    09:46:36.453 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    09:46:36.468 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    09:46:36.468 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    09:46:36.468 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    09:46:36.468 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    09:46:36.484 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    09:46:36.484 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    09:46:36.484 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    09:46:36.484 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    09:46:36.484 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing
    09:46:42.765 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_timurids.tga is missing
    09:46:42.765 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_FE.tga is missing
    09:46:42.781 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/base/map_timurids.tga is missing
    09:46:42.796 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_normans.tga is missing
    09:46:42.796 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_FE.tga is missing
    09:46:42.796 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/base/map_normans.tga is missing
    09:46:42.796 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_saxons.tga is missing
    09:46:42.796 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_FE.tga is missing
    09:46:42.796 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/base/map_saxons.tga is missing
    09:46:42.796 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map_slave.tga is missing
    09:46:42.796 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/base/map_slave.tga is missing
    09:46:42.812 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/leader_pic_england.tga is missing
    09:46:42.843 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/leader_pic_england.tga is missing
    09:46:53.625 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rwm is missing
    09:46:53.734 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_battle.txt is missing
    09:46:53.734 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rwm is missing
    09:46:53.734 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rbm is missing
    09:46:53.734 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.wfc is missing
    09:46:53.906 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.906 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.906 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.906 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.906 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.906 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.921 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.921 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/086.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.921 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/086.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.921 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/096.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.921 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/096.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.921 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/089.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.921 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/089.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.921 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/077.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.921 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/077.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.921 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/024.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.921 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/024.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.921 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/039.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:53.921 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/039.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    09:46:58.578 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    09:46:58.578 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    09:47:00.406 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    09:47:02.140 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/radar_map_background.tga is missing
    09:47:03.375 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/northern_ambassador.rum is missing
    09:47:03.406 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_scroll.rum is missing
    09:47:03.421 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/southern_ambassador.rum is missing
    09:47:03.421 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_scroll.rum is missing
    09:47:03.421 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/islamic_ambassador.rum is missing
    09:47:03.437 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    09:47:03.453 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/northern_spy.rum is missing
    09:47:03.453 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    09:47:03.468 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/southern_spy.rum is missing
    09:47:03.468 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    09:47:03.468 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/islamic_spy.rum is missing
    09:47:03.468 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    09:47:03.484 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/northern_assassin.rum is missing
    09:47:03.484 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    09:47:03.484 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/southern_assasin.rum is missing
    09:47:03.484 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    09:47:03.500 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/southern_assasin.rum is missing
    09:47:03.500 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    09:47:03.500 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/northern_princess.rum is missing
    09:47:03.515 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_princess_northern.rum is missing
    09:47:03.515 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/southern_princess.rum is missing
    09:47:03.515 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_princess_southern.rum is missing
    09:47:03.531 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/northen_merchant.rum is missing
    09:47:03.531 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    09:47:03.531 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/southern_merchant.rum is missing
    09:47:03.531 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    09:47:03.546 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/islamic_merchant.rum is missing
    09:47:03.546 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_hand.rum is missing
    09:47:03.546 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/catholic_priest.rum is missing
    09:47:03.546 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_staff.rum is missing
    09:47:03.546 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/catholic_bishop.rum is missing
    09:47:03.546 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_staff.rum is missing
    09:47:03.546 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/catholic_cardinal.rum is missing
    09:47:03.562 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/orthodox_priest.rum is missing
    09:47:03.562 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_staff.rum is missing
    09:47:03.562 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/orthodox_bishop.rum is missing
    09:47:03.562 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_staff.rum is missing
    09:47:03.562 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/orthodox_patriarch.rum is missing
    09:47:03.562 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/muslim_iman.rum is missing
    09:47:03.562 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/pope.rum is missing
    09:47:03.562 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/heretic.rum is missing
    09:47:03.593 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/witch.rum is missing
    09:47:03.593 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_princess_northern.rum is missing
    09:47:03.609 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/inquisitor.rum is missing
    09:47:03.609 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_book.rum is missing
    09:47:03.609 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/late_general_northern.rum is missing
    09:47:03.609 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_sword.rum is missing
    09:47:03.609 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/late_general_northern.rum is missing
    09:47:03.609 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_sword.rum is missing
    09:47:03.609 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/islamic_general.rum is missing
    09:47:03.609 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/aztec_general.rum is missing
    09:47:03.609 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/late_captain_northern.rum is missing
    09:47:03.625 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_sword.rum is missing
    09:47:03.625 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/late_captain_northern.rum is missing
    09:47:03.625 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_sword.rum is missing
    09:47:03.625 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/islamic_captain.rum is missing
    09:47:03.625 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/aztec_captain.rum is missing
    09:47:03.625 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/princess.rum is missing
    09:47:03.625 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_princess.rum is missing
    09:47:03.625 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/merchant.rum is missing
    09:47:03.625 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_merchant.rum is missing
    09:47:03.640 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/priest.rum is missing
    09:47:03.640 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/priest.rum is missing
    09:47:03.640 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/bishop.rum is missing
    09:47:03.640 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/bishop.rum is missing
    09:47:03.640 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/cardinal.rum is missing
    09:47:03.640 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/cardinal.rum is missing
    09:47:03.640 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/diplomat.rum is missing
    09:47:03.640 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/diplomat.rum is missing
    09:47:03.640 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/spy.rum is missing
    09:47:03.640 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/spy.rum is missing
    09:47:03.640 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/assassin.rum is missing
    09:47:03.640 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/assassin.rum is missing
    09:47:03.656 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/officer_barb_general_high.rum is missing
    09:47:03.656 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    09:47:03.656 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/barb_strat_map_captain.rum is missing
    09:47:03.656 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    09:47:03.656 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/officer_carthage_general_high.rum is missing
    09:47:03.656 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/carthage_strat_captain.rum is missing
    09:47:03.671 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    09:47:03.671 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/officer_eastern_general_high.rum is missing
    09:47:03.671 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    09:47:03.671 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/strat_eastern_lesser_general.rum is missing
    09:47:03.671 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/strat_egyptian_general.rum is missing
    09:47:03.671 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/strat_egyptian_lesser_general.rum is missing
    09:47:03.671 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_axe.rum is missing
    09:47:03.671 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/officer_greek_general_high.rum is missing
    09:47:03.671 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/strat_greek_lesser_general.rum is missing
    09:47:03.671 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/officer_roman_general_high.rum is missing
    09:47:03.687 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    09:47:03.687 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/strat_roman_lesser_general.rum is missing
    09:47:03.687 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/shadow_model_sword.rum is missing
    09:47:03.687 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/unit_rebel_greater_general_high.rum is missing
    09:47:03.687 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/unit_roman_peasant_high.rum is missing
    09:47:03.687 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_galley.rum is missing
    09:47:03.687 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    09:47:03.687 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_galley.rum is missing
    09:47:03.687 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    09:47:03.703 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    09:47:03.703 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    09:47:03.703 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_greek.rum is missing
    09:47:03.703 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    09:47:03.703 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_dhow.rum is missing
    09:47:03.703 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_dhow.rum is missing
    09:47:03.703 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_galley.rum is missing
    09:47:03.703 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_galley.rum is missing
    09:47:03.718 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    09:47:03.718 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    09:47:03.718 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_roman_shadow.rum is missing
    09:47:03.718 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/navy_cog.rum is missing
    09:47:03.718 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/character_pontus.rum is missing
    09:47:03.718 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/general_pontus.rum is missing
    09:47:05.625 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/radar_map_background.tga is missing
    09:47:09.390 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/residences/textures/NE_ship_dock.TGA.dds is missing
    09:47:09.500 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/water.tga.dds is missing
    09:47:09.546 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tile_models/alpha_pages/mountain_mask.tga.dds is missing
    09:47:09.609 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_01.TGA.dds is missing
    09:47:09.609 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_winter.TGA.dds is missing
    09:47:09.640 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/base/water_surface.tga.dds is missing
    09:49:06.390 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    09:49:06.390 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    09:49:08.218 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    09:49:08.281 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/normans.tga is missing
    09:49:08.281 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/normans.tga is missing
    09:49:08.281 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/saxons.tga is missing
    09:49:08.281 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/saxons.tga is missing
    09:49:08.281 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/slave.tga is missing
    09:49:08.281 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    09:49:08.296 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    09:49:08.296 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    09:49:08.953 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    09:49:08.953 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    09:49:08.953 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    09:49:08.953 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    09:49:08.953 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    09:49:08.953 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    09:49:08.953 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    09:49:08.953 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    09:49:08.968 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    09:49:08.968 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    09:49:08.968 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing

Ok, Alex-ander and i had a few PM's and he did some searching and found this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=add+buildings

The guy that opened it ahs the same problem as we do.
    Well, Swagger had the solution:

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger
    cultures in EDB building entry, MUST have a description in export_buildings

all non-included cultures in EDB entry, must have the ''DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE''
    At least I hoped he'd have.
    So I did exactly what he said and here's my updated code:
    export_descr_buildings.txt:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    building manufactory
    {
        levels app_manufactory mas_manufactory 
        {
            app_manufactory city requires factions { northern_european, }
            {
                capability
                {
                    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 7
                }
                material wooden
                construction  6 
                cost  7800 
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                    mas_manufactory
                }
            }
            mas_manufactory city requires factions { northern_european, } 
            {
                capability
                {
                    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 10
                }
                material wooden
                construction  10 
                cost  9600 
                settlement_min huge_city
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }

And the export_buildings.txt from the text folder:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    {app_manufactory}Small Manufactory
    {app_manufactory_desc}DO NOT TRANSLATE
    {app_manufactory_desc_short}DO NOT TRANSLATE
    {mas_manufactory}Huga Manufactory
    {mas_manufactory_desc}DO NOT TRANSLATE
    {mas_manufactory_desc_short}DO NOT TRANSLATE
    {app_manufactory_northern_european}Small Manufactory
    {app_manufactory_northern_european_desc}A basic manufactory that can handle only a few ressources. The goods that are worked on in here come out in mid-quality but they can be sold expensive. 
    {app_manufactory_northern_european_desc_short}A basic manufactory to increase the worth of your tradeable goods.Provides an income bonus.
    {mas_manufactory_northern_european}Huge Manufactory
    {mas_manufactory_northern_european_desc}A huge manufactory that can handle nearly every ressource out there. It makes product out of them which can be sold very expensive and thus increase your money. 
    {mas_manufactory_northern_european_desc_short}A huge manufactory to increase the worth of your tradeable goods.Provides an income bonus.
    {app_manufactory_eastern_european}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {app_manufactory_eastern_european_desc}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {app_manufactory_eastern_european_desc_short}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {mas_manufactory_eastern_european}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {mas_manufactory_eastern_european_desc}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {mas_manufactory_eastern_european_desc_short}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {app_manufactory_greek}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {app_manufactory_greek_desc}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {app_manufactory_greek_desc_short}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {mas_manufactory_greek}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {mas_manufactory_greek_desc}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {mas_manufactory_greek_desc_short}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {app_manufactory_mesoamerican}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {app_manufactory_mesoamerican_desc}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {app_manufactory_mesoamerican_desc_short}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {mas_manufactory_mesoamerican}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {mas_manufactory_mesoamerican_desc}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {mas_manufactory_mesoamerican_desc_short}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {app_manufactory_middle_eastern}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {app_manufactory_middle_eastern_desc}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {app_manufactory_middle_eastern_desc_short}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {mas_manufactory_middle_eastern}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {mas_manufactory_middle_eastern_desc}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {mas_manufactory_middle_eastern_desc_short}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {app_manufactory_southern_european}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {app_manufactory_southern_european_desc}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {app_manufactory_southern_european_desc_short}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {mas_manufactory_southern_european}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {mas_manufactory_southern_european_desc}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE
    {mas_manufactory_southern_european_desc_short}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE

And that's the result: A working building.

P.S. +rep for you, Alex-ander, since without your searching, I'd have never gotten behind it.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Good find and + rep.

I have never had that issue though.:hmmm:

Good find and + rep.

I have never had that issue though
    Alex-ander found the thread, but i was the one reading through it and actually finding a solution...^^

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I gave it to both of ya.

ok. I'm finished with this class then.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast