Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Last Kingdom - BUILDINGS PREVIEW

Default Re: The Last Kingdom - BUILDINGS PREVIEW ***new content***

Will the buildings look different on the Battlemaps?

Also, what level of defensive structure will be available? I would have thought that for towns a Stone Wall would be the absolute pinacle of defensive technology and even then limited to areas with pre-existing roman buildings (i.e. London) in much the same way as roman roads.

Will Castles play any role in the game and if so what form will they take?

Cannot wait for this mod to be released. Been playing the VI2 mod for RTW (which is awesome) and this looks every bit as good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northern Marches View Post
    @ Antagonist & Doctor

Good point on the Roman Roads, but it was previously set-out that by making Roman Roads a hidden resource, only historical regions such as on the continent and England (ie Saxons) will be able to build them. Guess that just wasn't pointed out.

As for more faction specific buildings, the majority of building types will be open to all factions. However, some superficial changes are probably going to be implemented so that certain buildings will have more faction oriented names. Also, some unique buildings and natural wonders will be placed on the map that will provide special bonuses to whichever faction controls the given region.
    That's what I was thinking, thanks for clarifying.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

This mod will change my life!

I love you, Danova! And all the guys working on this promising piece of modding art!

This mod is shaping up beautifully with clear polish and attention to each part of it. I can't wait to play it. Now I just have to decide which faction I want to play as first.

Harđurāđaz's Avatar Senator

Nice

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thanks all!

taqui's Avatar Libertus

Thanks mates!
    Looks great!

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

This looks wonderful. But I have one query - shouldn't the colony and vassal be the other way around? Surely a vassal state (being simply the previously existing state, but now under your suzerainty) would be faster to establish and would only produce local troops, while a colony (being an new establishment by your own nation) would take a longer time to develop and would, once enough of the population shares your own culture, allow you to produce your own troops?

dragonsign's Avatar International Brigade

great work people, looking forward to this mod

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea View Post
    This looks wonderful. But I have one query - shouldn't the colony and vassal be the other way around? Surely a vassal state (being simply the previously existing state, but now under your suzerainty) would be faster to establish and would only produce local troops, while a colony (being an new establishment by your own nation) would take a longer time to develop and would, once enough of the population shares your own culture, allow you to produce your own troops?
    Well, the idea is that with a Colony, you are establishing a very small center of your own culture in the middle of the foreign surroundings. You've established nominal control over the region, but the presence of your own culture is minimal.

With a Vassal, your colony has grown enough to be a proper vassal state of your starting kingdom, but this requires a greater investment of both funds and manpower. This can be compared to how the Vikings established vassaldoms like the Jarldom of the Orkneys. You can then recruit some of your own troops as well as the local regional levies.

This isn't meant to be like the feudalism of the 1100s and 1200s. Rather, it's meant to represent the manner in which the Vikings established their own fiefdoms in the foreign lands they raided in the 800s and 900s.
    Last edited by AlexanderPrimus; December 19, 2008 at 10:43 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great great great work.

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hey, everybody,
    Sorry for my late reply but we are working very hard at the moment and the end of the year is also very busy...

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Is it easier to make a faction your vassal now?
    I’m not an expert of this but I ask Socal to answer to you.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyonepinman View Post
    Will the buildings look different on the Battlemaps?
    Also, what level of defensive structure will be available? I would have thought that for towns a Stone Wall would be the absolute pinacle of defensive technology and even then limited to areas with pre-existing roman buildings (i.e. London) in much the same way as roman roads.
    Will Castles play any role in the game and if so what form will they take?
    Cannot wait for this mod to be released. Been playing the VI2 mod for RTW (which is awesome) and this looks every bit as good.
    Will the buildings different on the Battle Map?
    You mean that you will see the building which was built on the strats.map during a castle battle? Or will the forge differ from the vanilla version?
    I’m pretty sure that we can not solve it. We are only outsiders according to the Sega even if we are very enthusiastic.
    Don’t ask things like this. Sega people can’t even make it...

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea View Post
    Yes, I think it will be exactly the same but I will ask Socal.

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Love the new buildings alot we must do something similar with Wrath of the Norsemen.

if I could rep you I would Lots!

About buildings looking different on the battlemap:

Don't expect to see anything like that for this version. I have heard that the roadblocks that kept modders from being able to do so have finally been cracked, so in the future this may end up getting done. This is not really a priority right now and we also don't have the manpower to get this done yet.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

How's progress coming, guys?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Gertrudius's Avatar Hans Olo

Those buildings are awesome!!!

Great work guys.

taqui's Avatar Libertus

How long for next preview???:hmmm:

Senator

Beautiful work, guys!

wonderful work guys!

Hey there, I got a little question: Have you altered / added any siege equipment or artilery?

Cheers.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast