Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of Bosnia

Default Re: Kingdom of Bosnia

Quote Originally Posted by pacco View Post
    Dear God!
    Can someone stop this guy, please?
    I really don´t know what is your problem?
    Did you have some problems with Bosnian people in RL?

No i'm just asking because from the picture I saw it showed a Serbian crossbowman not a Bosnian one although I looked fairly quick since I was busy. But I mean it's like saying "picture of Turkish mounted rifleman. Oh let's make a mounted Moldovan rifleman."

What...?

Carpathian Wolf,
    I know you are skeptical about the amount evidence in support of the existence of the Bosnian church and I don't wish to argue with you as it is hardly my area of expertise. I suggest you check out John V.A. Fine's The Bosnian Church: Its Place in State and Society from the Thirteenth to the Fifteenth Century and judge the evidence he presents for yourself.
    I know it exists. My point is that it was puny, a minority. And Bosnian does not coreleate with any specific people, religion or race. There is no "Bosnian" language or race just as there is no Moldovan one. It's a regional name. That's been my only point concerning that. The notion that the medieval Bosnian state had a specific people known as Bosnians living in it and were all part of the Bosnian Church and later converted to Islam becoming the Bosniaks is non sense. It's Sarajevo politics trying to discern "Bosnians" which are really no more than Serbs and a few Croats living in that region, into a new catagory of people. Like Trvko for example.

"He was Bosnian!"
    "No he was Serb!"

Blah blah blah stupidity from kids today that have no notion of history what so ever. He was a Serb in Bosnia...so he was both.

Just like Stefan the Great. Was he Romanian or Moldovan. He was both, he was a Romanian in Moldova. One is an ethnicity, the other is a region.

It's like arguing if babe ruth was an American or a New Yorker. Idiotic things like that happen here in the Balkans because people have been switched and mixed every other way by the communists.

As an outsider myself, I see the campaign by some Balkan Slavic intellectuals to deny the legitimacy of Bosnian identity as both unfounded in fact and potentially dangerous as we have seen by the tragedies in recent history. We all know that the idea they promote is that the Bosnians are just Serbs who happen to be Muslim. This assertion is based on a simplified and unrealistic view that categorizes people by their linage alone. It fails to recognize that the Bosnians do have a shared culture and traditions that are uniquely their own that stretch back to at least the medieval period. The evidence is sparse at times; particularly for the very early medieval period, but it is not non-existent.
    There is a "Bosnian" identity just like I have an Oltenian one. The notion for example that Bosnian = Bosniak Muslim is what is dangerous. "Recent history" had nothing to do with making Muslims into Serbs. If you look at the JNA composition of the leadership in the Airforce, Navy and Army, you will find that only one of those gentlemen had any Serb linneage and only half. "Recent history" was a conflict based on foreign implication and using the momentum of certain extremists that returned to Zagreb in the 70s as well as the Islamic dictatorship of Alija Izetbegovic.

In any case, if you'd like to go and provide me with a chronicle mentioning some sort of "Bosnian migration" i would love to read it. At this point "Bosnian" is no more a race or ethnicity than Dalmatian is. What about the Serbs in Bosnia who have been there long before it was a Muslim majority. Are they no longer Bosnian?

Lastly don't come making me your little uninformed points and then at the end "teehee but I think the discussion i've just opened up shouldn't be discussed here but in VV." You opened up with a serve, expect a return. If you didn't really think it was a good idea to open up the discussion, you should have probably been quiet and said nothing. Instead you pull this little bs tactic in an attempt to not allow me a reply.

I wish the tones could have been more pleasant but your methods suggest it would be a waste of time on my part. If you really want to have a discussion, go to VV and put it there. I wouldn't mind lecturing Yugoslavian Civil War 101 again.
    Last edited by Carpathian Wolf; August 02, 2009 at 04:40 AM.
    "Mors Certa, Hora Incerta."

"We are a brave people of a warrior race, descendants of the illustrious Romans, who made the world tremor. And in this way we will make it known to the whole world that we are true Romans and their descendants, and our name will never die and we will make proud the memories of our parents." ~ Despot Voda 1561

"The emperor Trajan, after conquering this country, divided it among his soldiers and made it into a Roman colony, so that these Romanians are descendants, as it is said, of these ancient colonists, and they preserve the name of the Romans." ~ 1532, Francesco della Valle Secretary of Aloisio Gritti, a natural son to Doge

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

If you really want to have a discussion, go to VV and put it there.

Exactly.

Please leave a debate on the Bosnian identity out of this topic.

Also please forward any questions to the moderation branch by pms.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Atterdag; August 02, 2009 at 07:57 AM.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Politics and those who are willing to start politicizing history should be kept out of this thread!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

It is really disturbing when you read time after time things like "Bosnian identity does not exist", "Bosnians are serbs" etc. I think that this is not helping the mod and the good atmosphere that, does exist here by my opinion.
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian_King View Post
    It is really disturbing when you read time after time things like "Bosnian identity does not exist", "Bosnians are serbs" etc. I think that this is not helping the mod and the good atmosphere that, does exist here by my opinion.
    This is a mod not modern politics,there was a kingdom of Bosnia and thats that.What about the royal family,is there going to be adoption and i think its going to be hard to find every royal family member.

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan Nedim View Post
    This is a mod not modern politics,there was a kingdom of Bosnia and thats that.What about the royal family,is there going to be adoption and i think its going to be hard to find every royal family member.
    In the Bosnian case every royal family member , every king queen prince and princes is well known and documented. We know every Bosnian princes which married with a member of another royal house. We know the names of the kids of all the kings and queens. We also know exactly the time of rule of every Bosnian king or queen.
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

In the Bosnian case every royal family member , every king queen prince and princes is well known and documented. We know every Bosnian princes which married with a member of another royal house. We know the names of the kids of all the kings and queens. We also know exactly the time of rule of every Bosnian king or queen.
    great

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Then there would be no problem with Bosnian royal family, than.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

There is as much of a Bosnian identity as there is an Oltenian one.
    "Mors Certa, Hora Incerta."

"We are a brave people of a warrior race, descendants of the illustrious Romans, who made the world tremor. And in this way we will make it known to the whole world that we are true Romans and their descendants, and our name will never die and we will make proud the memories of our parents." ~ Despot Voda 1561

"The emperor Trajan, after conquering this country, divided it among his soldiers and made it into a Roman colony, so that these Romanians are descendants, as it is said, of these ancient colonists, and they preserve the name of the Romans." ~ 1532, Francesco della Valle Secretary of Aloisio Gritti, a natural son to Doge

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

Roster

Light Cavarly
    cloth
    done by matko

Light Cavarly ug1
    http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6...akrbavalf3.jpg
    gambeson, mail.
    model done, textures not

Vlastela

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/2...i1414strv2.jpg
    coat of arms over metal plate, mail
    model done, textures not

Heavy Cavarly

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3...ukcichrno1.jpg
    early metal plate armor, it looks quite like vlastela, but without coa
    not yet started

Heavy Cavarly ug1
    http://living-history.no/images/E19396E1.jpg
    http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/285...lando10vx5.jpg
    milanese armor, teardrop shield, triangual shield
    unit done (cause it is the same unit as wallachian avant), just to do shields

Heavy Cavarly ug2
    http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/579/ilockiac0.jpg
    http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/7710/dsc01041ny3.jpg
    matko had some screenshots about this unit, i shall search for it
    but unit is quite same as vanilla

Archers
    unit done by adnan

Crossbow
    unit done

Halberd Militia
    http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/7...nkapan2le2.jpg
    http://www.area51b.freeserve.co.uk/images/slapper.jpg
    http://blog.krigslive.dk/wp-content/...rd_militia.JPG
    gambeson, cloth underneath, metal plates over knees and legs
    unit in progress

Heavy Infantry
    http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1...bor1440zt1.jpg
    the one on the right. it is a polish soldier, but it can be used as bosnian
    (really don't have any information about heavy infantry of bosnia)
    gambeson, mail, cloth, metal gloves
    unit not yet done

list will be updated later...
    Last edited by phoenix[illusion]; August 11, 2009 at 03:22 PM.
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

Bosnae's Avatar Tiro

Nice Summary
    but where are the Spearmen? Or are there no included or planed.

as i said, list will be updated.
    i wanted suggestions from all of you. i don't have any information of spearmen, or anymore unit.
    so i really need information all you have

Orko's Avatar Praeses

What sort of information?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Adnan's Avatar Miles

About units for Bosnia, especially spearman.

Quote Originally Posted by 'phoenix[illusion

Heavy Infantry
    http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1...bor1440zt1.jpg
    the one on the right. it is a polish soldier, but it can be used as bosnian
    (really don't have any information about heavy infantry of bosnia)
    gambeson, mail, cloth, metal gloves
    unit not yet done

list will be updated later...
    Are you sure that only the guy on the right is Polish? I think that the sign above says: Polish mercenary troops or something like that. Also they guy in the middle got a coa that was quite popular in Poland.

I found a few pics on spearman from the balkans and area of bosnia

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian_Noble View Post
    Are you sure that only the guy on the right is Polish? I think that the sign above says: Polish mercenary troops or something like that. Also they guy in the middle got a coa that was quite popular in Poland.
    it's a text about polish troops. it says about handgunners which was used in Hussite wars.
    but as it says in text, those are italian armor (well, almost every metal armor was crafted in italy).
    so it is quite common for bosnia to have any of these troops.

are the archers still going to be

Adnan's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan Nedim View Post
    are the archers still going to be
    Nope I made new bosnian archer. Its in new units thread.

@sultan nedim
    hmm, spearmen on first pic are quite early middle age.
    on second picture, i see pavise spearmen and gothic armor. i'm not sure about any use of pavise in bosnia, and gothic armor was only made for later period high noble knights. i think that bosnia never had gothic armor for any other troops