Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dawn of Kingdoms info Thread

Default Re: Dawn of Kingdoms info Thread

The Holy Roman Empire was not able to maintain political unity. In addition to the growing independence of the towns, local rulers turned their counties and duchies into private kingdoms and felt little sense of obligation to the emperor who governed over large parts of the nation in name only. Large parts of what now comprise the Netherlands were governed by the Count of Holland, the Duke of Gelre, the Duke of Brabant and the Bishop of Utrecht. Friesland and Groningen in the north maintained their independence and were governed by the lower nobility.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...y_Roman_Empire

the Count of Holland, the Duke of Gelre, the Duke of Brabant and the Bishop of Utrecht had their very own kingdoms. There was no 'dutch' kingdom, but i advise you to read the link i gave to see if the dutch were just a province of the HRE or not

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

considering that you did nice job on map, with western balkan regions will you include kingdom of croatia?
    it would have 3 starting regions by your map

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

If you read through the threads in this forum, you would know that this question has been answered numerous times. Croatia WILL NOT be a part of this mod. Simply put they are not a significant part of the time period covered by the mod.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

I'm not sure how historically accurate this map is,but im sure that it will be fun to play on.
    but i got to ask..wat is that dot in the middle of the sea? inbetween Spain and North Africa..

Quote Originally Posted by Metatron33 View Post
    I'm not sure how historically accurate this map is,but im sure that it will be fun to play on.
    but i got to ask..wat is that dot in the middle of the sea? inbetween Spain and North Africa..
    The map shown is historically accurate. Although, it is an old one and has been altered significantly since that post. The dot in the middle of the sea...as far as I can tell...is a dot in the middle of the sea. I don't think it belongs there.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

So is this thing still on? Not much progress it seems...

I have to say, it's a damn shame that so many mods are started by individuals, and never make it to a final release because of rl and too much workload...I don't understand why people don't just pool their resources....3 finished mods is better that 10 unfinished....

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasill View Post
    So is this thing still on? Not much progress it seems...
    I'm just working at it slowly. I don't have the time that I used to, but I am too stubborn to just give up.

I have to say, it's a damn shame that so many mods are started by individuals, and never make it to a final release because of rl and too much workload...I don't understand why people don't just pool their resources....3 finished mods is better that 10 unfinished....
    I agree. However, over the years, I have most after post looking for some help on this and the response has been less than overwhelming. That is to say, very few people have ever taken interest.

-John G. Hartung

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius View Post
    I'm just working at it slowly. I don't have the time that I used to, but I am too stubborn to just give up.

I agree. However, over the years, I have most after post looking for some help on this and the response has been less than overwhelming. That is to say, very few people have ever taken interest.
    the sad reality I must concurr is most mods have only one real propenant except for any extra supportive help But LC I want to Help this mod, I know your busy but I want to work with you on this and may be you can aid in my project as well

Quote Originally Posted by druvatar View Post
    the sad reality I must concurr is most mods have only one real propenant except for any extra supportive help But LC I want to Help this mod, I know your busy but I want to work with you on this and may be you can aid in my project as well
    That could work.

-John G. Hartung

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius View Post
    That could work.
    good! P.m. and let me know what your developing now such as units, ui, music, stats (economic/military), mapping

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12