Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of the Scots 4 (now Isles)

Davies_boi16's Avatar Libertus

Default Kingdom of the Scots 4 (now Isles)

Have you started creating this mod??

If so what is the progress?

Just want to know just i love V3 so much

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Default Re: Kingdom of the scots V4

yeah

but it will take lots of time, the map must be make, the settlement position must be replaced...

plus all characters, agents (etc) position

and all the new features
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Muzz1497's Avatar Libertus

yeah, lots of work plus holiday madness coming up soon so my estimate would be like 10 more days and v4 beta will be out.
    War... war never changes.

10 more weeks would be a very optimistic estimate.

The huge map is under development but there are many other things to add as well.

Expect a preview around Christmas perhaps :hmmm:

It might not be out before Empires but it probably will be released before Empires is playable

I am looking forward to Empires but not as much as the first patch for it

Davies - you seem to have some good sig making skills - have you ever tried to make unit cards? We may have a vacancy.

I haven't checked into empires much. you think there will be much gameplay improvements than from rtw to m2tw. Other than sea battles.

It will be visually stunning. Sea battles will be interesting. For me the biggest issue will be the AI especially in campaign. Eye candy does not mean much to me (says the skinner!) I would rather the game played intelligently. I hope for the best and fear for the worst in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bruce View Post
    have you ever tried to make unit cards? We may have a vacancy.
    No i havent and i could do them if you want but ull have to show me how.

I completely argree bruce, thats why I don't like too many games I play, I have an issue with all of them. Subtance and gameplay first, than flash. Thats why when medieval 2 came out I was a little pissed even though I played it non stop cause not much was changed other than graphical stuff.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz1497 View Post
    I completely argree bruce, thats why I don't like too many games I play, I have an issue with all of them. Subtance and gameplay first, than flash. Thats why when medieval 2 came out I was a little pissed even though I played it non stop cause not much was changed other than graphical stuff.
    I agree with Muzz...too many games I have bought and started with all the hope and excitement only to be let down by pubishers rushing an unfinished product.

That's why when MTW2 came out, I played the Vanilla for a week and started to mod it to my taste.

I also see Version 4 of this mod going back to basics and rebuilding from there with the big map.

Can I make a tiny suggestion for battles. If you can't highlight the units you selected I think you should just take out the unit flags too. Their big and annoying and I think it looks better without any.

Can I make a tiny suggestion for battles. If you can't highlight the units you selected I think you should just take out the unit flags too. Their big and annoying and I think it looks better without any.
    I agree with him there they are very annoying and i think that is a good suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Davies_boi16 View Post
    I agree with him there they are very annoying and i think that is a good suggestion

If by unit flags you two are referring to the beautiful banners I spent weeks making then that's it.

I quit....

If by unit flags you two are referring to the beautiful banners I spent weeks making then that's it.

I quit....
    There great its just that can be annoying sometimes.

Hmm, well I was going to give everyone the link to my KoS AAR, but you'll quickly see that I disabled banners. . .
    Son of PW

Just to let you know that the inactivity on the forum recently is entirely deceptive. We are working feverishly on our next release. There will be a surprise or two which we will keep under our hats for now.

The map we are developing is taking shape but we are determined to get this right and it is taking a long time. A release is not imminent but it should be completed before the first patch makes Empires playable!

DragonsWarrior's Avatar Senator

sounds all good keep it up

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Just to let you know that the inactivity on the forum recently is entirely deceptive. We are working feverishly on our next release. There will be a surprise or two which we will keep under our hats for now.

The map we are developing is taking shape but we are determined to get this right and it is taking a long time. A release is not imminent but it should be completed before the first patch makes Empires playable!
    Yes the work is going on but I have got caught up with other things for the last few months. Bruce has done a magnificent job creating the large map, and we are busy adding provinces et al.

W00t!

Lord Wiffleby's Avatar Decanus

Hey, I just wanted to know if you will be adding more clans in V4. The reason I ask is because I know the clan I come from: Johnston. It resided in the area of West Scotland: near Glasgow. Apparently it commanded some power and respect. We were always feuding with the Maxwells. I even know our Tarten color. If you aren't, oh well.

We are planning on adding several more clans. However, Johnstone is not on the short-list.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast