Thread: [Recruitment] Looking for Artists interested to help revive RSII for TWRII

Hetairos's Avatar Roma Surrectum II

Default [Recruitment] Looking for Artists interested to help revive RSII for TWRII

Dear artists,

Following the advice of Aik I am here conducting a little recruitment campaign for Authentic Ancient World's first artistic release.

Authentic Ancient World is a new project with the goal to revive RSII for TWRII and focus even more on authenticity, depth and immersion. Art is an essential part of our vision and more important than pure action. Therefore, we are starting with the release of an artistic master piece first before working on faction overhauls and such. So our first pack will include:

- New UI Design
    - Chosen Soundtracks from RSII, EB and RTR
    - New Graphics (Aztec's New Environment and Lighting)
    - New Cameras and Line of Sight System

We are looking to release the artistic pack within 1-3 weeks, depending on how well it all goes and if we need to beta test things.

It would be so awesomely cool, if we could find more artists to help us out on our cause. It is optional, but we could really need:

- somebody to finish / redesign / improve our logo (which than will also be included in the new UI front end
    - a few additional signatures
    - some nice artwork and wallpapers accompanying our modification and release
    - a cinematic that underlines our new artist mod which shows the new environment and lighting, the new camera perspectives, a sample of the line of sight system and of course all with the wonderful music we have.

I know most people have their agenda, but one never knows when one gets lucky with recruiting or finds a fellow RSII fan from the good old times.

If you are interested, just send me a PM. I would be very happy for every assistance we can get to promote the artistic soul of our mod. As a side note, I have a the element of the logo which is the verging sun which should be the symbol of the mod, but there is not requirement of how and what it needs to be besides that. I have a few ideas myself what would be cool, but if you would need artistic freedom its fine. Just for the overview. Basically the topic is ancient times in 217BC Hannibal vs Rome, Macedon trying to rise once again and Seleukos fighting vs ptolemy at raphia. All of them fighting for the legacy of Alexander (represented by the golden verging sun) to become that one true and worthy successor being to build an empire alike. Thats the general topic.

Links:
    - Authentic Ancient World Hosted Forum
    - Our Artwork Section

PS: For the future I am looking also for 3D artists who could help improving those boring and repetitive buildings of RII to increase the immersion factor of the game and make it what it should have been in the first place.
    Last edited by Hetairos; July 06, 2014 at 09:31 PM.