Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Carthage Reloaded - Full Pack Release

Default Re: Carthage Reloaded WIP

They are looking excellent. I also love the scene that you posted above. It would make a superb intro screen for the game.

Thankyou salvor.

Just got to update the slingers and the Sacred band and will release the pack. The Sacred Band unit was the very first I made, I think both the models and the skins have improved since then so I think they look a little poor in comparison. Think I can make a good job of them now though

the release is soon ?
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

Yes should be

thanks for the rep great units
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

Great work. It's great the fact that people are still producing quality units for this game.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Great work. It's great the fact that people are still producing quality units for this game.
    Agreed . i prefer beautifull RTW units with very high setting - less lag than M2TW on lowest settings , but at least as nice units

Thankyou for the comments guys

This mean RTW rocks more than M2TW.

/\ agreed
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Domitianus View Post
    This mean RTW rocks more than M2TW.
    RTW? It Rocks and easy to mod compared to M2TW but M2TW is great also compared to ETW.

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

Maybe to join Ferres work with Hannibal Smith work?
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Quote Originally Posted by Divus View Post
    RTW? It Rocks and easy to mod compared to M2TW but M2TW is great also compared to ETW.
    M2TW failed to be as moddable as RTW. I don't know about ETW. ETW seems to be a more elaborated M2TW engine.
    What ETW has more than his predecessor is how the province is structured. I haven't been able to play it yet even if I posses a bought copy of it.
    What I like of it however is the naval warfare. Would be good for a future RTW2 with Romans confronting Carthaginians or Aegyptians or Greeks. Medieval time is not as fun as Ancient World.

Quote Originally Posted by karlost123456789 View Post
    Maybe to join Ferres work with Hannibal Smith work?
    For sure H.Smith work is amazing. We have to wait for a release to compare with Ferres work's quality.
    I think however than Ferres too will have his own Carthaginians. We have to wait for a good comparison.

I dont think I would like to be compared with ferres work to be honest (I think ferres would win )

@ Emperor Domitianus Please dont take this the wrong way, but I have made these models as what I'd like to see in my game (with a clear mission statement in post #1). If others like them thats great but, I dont wish to be compared to or be in competition with anyone. Especially not one of the best artists working on this game.
    Last edited by Hannibal Smith; April 22, 2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: original post read like I was angry - and that was not my intention

Sorry if I offended you any way man. I really would like to see them ingame.

Not to worry I over reacted somewhat... Truth is this is my first modelling project and its become a bit of an obsession. Should be ready in the next week, so you can see them then, good or bad

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Domitianus View Post
    M2TW failed to be as moddable as RTW. I don't know about ETW. ETW seems to be a more elaborated M2TW engine.
    What ETW has more than his predecessor is how the province is structured. I haven't been able to play it yet even if I posses a bought copy of it.
    What I like of it however is the naval warfare. Would be good for a future RTW2 with Romans confronting Carthaginians or Aegyptians or Greeks. Medieval time is not as fun as Ancient World.
    It didnt fail, Total war series made moddable games, if you played mods like Stainless Steel and Broken Crescent and the coming Third Age Total War, M2TW it is as moddable but takes lots of hardwork
    Maybe after 5 years there will be RTW2 but we all know after ETW they will be making an expansion or sequel for that.

back on topic:
    HSmith work is great and one rule is to Never Compare other peoples work with another, its not easy to model and i think this is how HSmith Portray Carthage, Keep up the great work man.
    Last edited by Finch; April 22, 2009 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divus View Post
    Keep up the great work man.
    Agreed. You are doing an excellent job with this expansion pack and I am really eager to see it in-game. If anything, I am just a bit sad, as it is only "Carthage reloaded" and not "All RTW Factions Reloaded".

Have finished updating the Sacred Band unit and have undated post #1. Intend to post first release at the weekend (have to check my elephants). First release will just be cas files, textures and unit cards, will release a unified pack with sprites and LOD models when I get around to making them . Still to make a general but will release that independently , the core units are there so it seems silly to put it off for a general.

Below is a picture of the info card for the units, minus the standard of course