Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: Carthage Reloaded - Full Pack Release

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Default Re: Carthage Reloaded - Full Pack Release

advertising is very useful! I found out about your project! thank you!

Hi, not posted for a while. Regular visitors will know of the Caesar in Gaul project that I started some time ago. They may also have noticed that there has been no progress for a while...

Anyway I think something should come from what Ive done so far, and I may pick up on it again at some point. So the project started when I wanted to create a new base model for myself and other modders to work on. I had noticed that even accomplished modellers were still using RTW bases, even though they were adding hands and other very poly heavy features. I wanted to start from scratch with a few basic principles:

• Each part of the model would be made from scratch.
    • Every part of the model would be as detailed as the next, no high poly weapons when the torso was very low poly.
    • Each part of the model would be optimized to use as few polys as possible, while still creating the desired effect.

I made a basic naked model which has then been the basis for a number of other models. Unlike those base models made from make human type programs this model was made for RTW and has been built to be rigged for RTW.

I will be releasing my models thus far, there is a base model and various character models all of which have bespoke weapons and attachments. I feel that these models are my best work, in terms of skinning and certainly in terms of modeling and I hope that they are going to be used and enjoyed. All of these things are wip and may contain some errors.

As with my other models I will be releasing without restriction, if you want to use these models in part or in their entirety (a credit will suffice, no need to ask permission ) If anyone does use the these models as a basis to make new models I would request that you to uphold this principle, and release without restriction (this is just a request. Even if you do not wish to release without restriction, I will). If you could post some pics here that would be great

Edit : I'm going to try to resurrect this little project, so I hope that these models may spark some interest. Also maybe some modellers may use these models as a base for units I might put into my mod
    Last edited by Hannibal Smith; October 31, 2011 at 12:29 PM.

Buddy, you have my deepest respect. Both as an artist(haven`t looked in the pack yet, but based on the images you`ve shown they are some of the best units out there) and also for the way in which you make these available and the request for others to also share their work based on yours. I hope you`re doing well in your real life!

As I cannot say anything original after Florin's post, I will limit myself to subscribe everything that he said: your work is great, but it is greater that you release it for public use. Many thanks, Mr. Smith.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

My respects also for your work and with real life buddy. Hoping you are well,just like your models,heh. ^_*

I`ve got some time to check the textures and they`re excellent. Pretty much what I love with all pieces consistent in style. The shields btw are awesome with all the wearing effects you`ve put there. I hope you`ll be able to make more graphics of this level no matter what the subject. I`ll see about using one of them in FoR as a pict. They`re rather early for that age, but the one with the round shield might still work.

Thanks for the messages guys. In RL things are going very well, all three scans that Ive had in the last six months have been clear. I'm very lucky

As for the models and skins I hope people like them. I'm not going to rule out making more but have no immediate plans, hence releasing work so far. I have got some very WIP low poly models and some sprites is anyone is interested (in my opinions sprites are a must).

I am interested in the low polys also,as your work even low poly is cool!

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Iberian Cataphracts! These are a must! Armoured horses from head to knees and riders from nech to waste in mail with a carthaginian/Gallic looking helmet, armed with large lances, a small round shield and a falcata sword.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Been working on a new archer skeleton with an animated bow and arrow.

The problem with animating the bow is that it cant be hidden when the secondary weapon is in use. After some discussions with Wlesmana, I worked out that I could have the bow attached to an invisible arm, so it could be moved across the shoulder when not in use.

This is the primary weapon part of the animations but the secondary weapon part should be finished soon. So I thought I'd attach a video, as I don't know how to upload to youtube

Last edited by Hannibal Smith; November 07, 2011 at 05:03 PM.

A beautiful design. Only missing the scabbard ^_*. Is there a huntsmen variation,ie spear????

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

That looks great!
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Artifex

any news?

Artifex

this version is good too!

nudity warning...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ussaid the Hashshashin's Avatar Ordinarius

Really GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!
    The Face of Murder

"Have any of you ever felt your imagination going wild reading ancient lore?"

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

I´m a big fan of your work, Hannibal! Your units are amazing!
    Hope u are alright, with good health.
    I wish you only the best!!!!!!

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

Artifex

hey Hannibal how are you!? we have a beta at RotN! do join!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

marked this as a resource
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz